Deleted
    Good morning everyone, I checked few moments back the alpha forum and i saw that the feedback on the holy paladin is not on page 1, so i suggest someone with alpha account to write a new review (the one i found was old) instead of wining how the holy paladin is dead or whatever. Currently i do not have an alpha access to do it myself.

Each week the threads get updated for the new build. You probably found a thread for an older build. This is the most recent one.

Deleted
    Any reason why they dont add a healing effect into Consecration for holy?

Deleted
    Default Holy paladin gear is so bad, is only mastery like 90% mastery.

Tried to heal a heroic yesterday and the kit doesn't feel good at all , is similar with our current one but without haste feels worse . For dungeons Martyr helped in many situations and went with stoicism because of it .

Light of dawn is not usable in dungeons like this except if you all stack , that leaves us with using prism for aoe heal?

With default green gear i was with 2.45s cd Holy Light and 8+s holy shock cooldown . Paladin kit was like this before but i wish that our skill would be more than just select the right target to heal, healing spells like binding heal are interactive. Having more 20/30s cd like prism would benefit us .

In short even if we are good due to HPS and strength of our kit , my opinion is our gameplay is worst of any healer.
    Last edited by mmoc1005b9109f; 2016-03-12 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, did I just fucking read that Holy Paladins won't be able to use shields anymore come Legion? That was like 80% of what was great about being a Paladin. Fuck man, that is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Hey guys, did I just fucking read that Holy Paladins won't be able to use shields anymore come Legion? That was like 80% of what was great about being a Paladin. Fuck man, that is disappointing.
    I think you can technically still use shields. What you may have seen is that the artifact is a 2-H hammer with a cosmetic belt libram - no shield.

Deleted
    LoH is basically no risk involved, and yeah, using it once every fight to snipe a heal is well... could be a good talent option. But using MoP priest Void Shift was much more interesting, much funnier... more skill-affected. It could save either the target or the priest, or it could cause a death if played inproperly.
    I would like LoH being either re-worked (like, two charges for any fight (and they would not regenerate during boss encounters) and 3-4 minutes CD) + some risk involved, like 3s root, though the mobility is bad enough as it is (3s root, followed by 5-6s speed boost?)), or removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are using Lay on Hands as a heal snipe you are doing it wrong...
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    If you are using Lay on Hands as a heal snipe you are doing it wrong...
    Quoting a holy pala when tank asked him why he LOH him: "to apply a big fat mastery shield" )

On a serious matter loh should be used to save someone from imminent death, usually a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    Quoting a holy pala when tank asked him why he LOH him: "to apply a big fat mastery shield" )

On a serious matter loh should be used to save someone from imminent death, usually a tank.
    ... or as it has been from time to time with the glyph, "I needed mana."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    ... or as it has been from time to time with the glyph, "I needed mana."
    Honestly there is rarely a time that LoH is going to save you over a buffed to all hell FoL. I use LoH mostly for mana towards the end of a fight when I have determined nobody will die out of nowhere because my FoL will do far more healing anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagashi View Post
    Any reason why they dont add a healing effect into Consecration for holy?
    I actually was considering this same thought over the weekend and tweeted an idea to the Devs about it.

I don't have alpha access yet unfortunately, so I've been largely focusing my observations and thoughts on the fantasy aspects over mechanics. Holy Paladins (in my mind at least) are set apart by using the Light in a pure/raw form, and Consecration is exactly this--an expression of the power of Light, purifying the ground around the Paladin in a way that not only damages enemies but also heals allies (or at least should heal). And given that it's a PBAoE, it perfectly fits the melee/close range battle healer theme that Blizzard is trying to encourage.

<snip multiple posts about holy shock vs judgment>
    A great idea here could be to have Holy Shock simply replace Judgment as part of the Holy specialization. Then talents would simply support using Holy Shock offensively (strong Paladin fantasy here) in addition to its defensive benefit as a single-target instant heal.
    Last edited by HolyAhron; 2016-03-14 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Clarification and better word choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroJez View Post
    I have a feeling there's a difference between Holy as an offensive spell type and Holy as a healing spell type. You wouldn't think so, considering Holy Shock, and Prism, but it might have something to do with the intent, chant, or thoughts while casting or invoking the spell.

Still, Consecrated Ground and a few other Prot/Ret talents would be great for Holy. I know we're a while away from the Beta and more definite numbers tuning, but just because stuff like Stoicism and DP are okay on paper, doesn't mean to say they'll work out in game, and in fact there are quite a few boring talents.

Even shuffling talents around (with a different philosophy in mind) like so:

...won't help much more, even if there is (arguably) a better comparison between talents, because we're still stuck with stuff that just isn't exciting. Passives don't have to be boring, but with Paladins especially, they seem to be.
    You've gotta be a troll. Nothing you actually suggest in either the disc or the pala forums makes any sense at all. I do not even know how to reply to you other than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling there's a difference between Holy as an offensive spell type and Holy as a healing spell type. You wouldn't think so, considering Holy Shock, and Prism, but it might have something to do with the intent, chant, or thoughts while casting or invoking the spell.

Still, Consecrated Ground and a few other Prot/Ret talents would be great for Holy. I know we're a while away from the Beta and more definite numbers tuning, but just because stuff like Stoicism and DP are okay on paper, doesn't mean to say they'll work out in game, and in fact there are quite a few boring talents.

Even shuffling talents around (with a different philosophy in mind) like so:

...won't help much more, even if there is (arguably) a better comparison between talents, because we're still stuck with stuff that just isn't exciting. Passives don't have to be boring, but with Paladins especially, they seem to be.
    The only thing not troll about this post is that Unbreakable Spirit and Divine Steed are in different tiers.

Other then that please stop posting this nonsense.

Deleted
    https://youtu.be/SX4ZvJQ1I50

4 million dmg from Holy Shock.
    Last edited by mmocfaa85d4c24; 2016-03-15 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valkemen View Post
    https://youtu.be/SX4ZvJQ1I50

4 million dmg from Holy Shock.
    Lol I'm sure that'll get tuned down, although I haven't been paying much attention to numbers other than the fact everyone has a lot of health now, especially tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 points to CloudedInStupidity for missing the point, and looking at the talent tree as an actual suggestion. Calm down, mate. We're only discussing alpha talents.
    If you can't understand why that talent tree is entirely borked, I don't know what to say. Think logically about it for a few moments and you realize all of the problems... your "suggestions" make absolutely no sense.

I like how when people tell you that your ideas don't make sense you respond with personal insults, but I guess this makes sense when someone has the maturity of a teenager.
    Last edited by CloudedInSanity; 2016-03-15 at 07:13 PM.

10 points to CloudedInStupidity for missing the point, and looking at the talent tree as an actual suggestion. Calm down, mate. We're only discussing alpha talents.
    Your "suggestion" is a simple "I'll put the juicy stuff in a different rows, so I won't have to choose, and I'm gonna be POWAFOOOOL". Not a single bit more.
    Last edited by Halwyn; 2016-03-15 at 07:57 PM.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Can anyone give me a TLDR of legion healing currently?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Can anyone give me a TLDR of legion healing currently?
    Discs are dps hybrids. Shamans are more fun. Druids are the same. Monks seem betterish (kinda?). Pally's are both more active and passive than current retail. IMO