10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Cooper was good at North Carolina. I know he got hurt but if New England brings him back to form he would be a solid pick up.
    We had a ton of interest in him back in 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ravens sign Mike Wallace.

Why Hasn't Cincy signed a vet receiver to fill the shoes of Jones and Sanu?

They can't be okay with this shit WR draft class and Brandon Tate as receiver, can they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit? Dont you be talking shit about Doctson now. Dalton wont forgive you talking shit about his TCU brothers.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Chris Long to the Pats. Not all that surprising after the Jones deal. Also, that trade was because we didn't want his cap hit and they weren't going to resign him after this year. The draft pick was more important and the guard is a bonus. If Scarnechia (sp?) can work his magic, he could make him at least serviceable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, the Jones trade becomes more palatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Cooper was good at North Carolina. I know he got hurt but if New England brings him back to form he would be a solid pick up.
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    We had a ton of interest in him back in 2013

Honestly, Cooper is just gravy. The second round pick is what's important.

Cooper is a top 10 pick lineman, if we want to pick up his option it would cost Belichick 12 million or there about. There's no way Belichick pays Cooper 12M to play in 2017. Cooper is a 1 year rental that maybe gets a normal deal offered if he performs well, but is otherwise let go after this year. He's just there cause the Patriots wanted more than a second rounder (or maybe a higher second rounder) and this is what the Cards could do to sweeten the deal.

Patriots have Ninkovich and Sheard to start, with Flowers, Grissom and Rufus Johnson behind them AND they signed Chris Long to a 1 year deal. Patriots will be fine with what they have, and now they'll have a second round pick. Had Jones walked after this season he would have, at most, gotten a 3rd rounder as compensation.

Olivier Vernon had 29 sacks in his first 64 games. Got $52.5m guaranteed.

Chandler Jones had 36 sacks in his first 55 games. ????

You can do the math there I think. Patriots sign reasonably priced players and make sure they have enough money to sign for good depth, and then they see who pans out in training camp to set the depth chart.

Entirely possible Chris Long doesn't even make the roster this year, even though people will proclaim him the replacement for Jones.

That second round pick is where the real value is for the Patriots. They'll get another cheap, promising rookie that they can coach up and give extra value while having more money to work with to get Collins/Hightower/Butler signed to extensions.

EDIT: Took me an hour at least to finish this post in between doing other shit, and I hadn't refreshed the page since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still woulda kept Chandler Jones around one more season... Arizona made out on that deal each way you look at it. Which is surprising, because it sounded like the Seahawks were after him too. I just have a feeling they were only offering a first and conditional.

I guess we got Siliga though. Many people don't remember he was on the Seahawks at one point, traded from the Broncos for John Moffitt lol... and we got J'Marcus Webb... sigh I really hope we can snag Okung back now.

Makes sense to get a draft pick if they had no change of resigning him next year, since he will probably want something similar to that Vernon contract. This also scares me for how much Von Miller is going to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I guess we got Siliga though. Many people don't remember he was on the Seahawks at one point, traded from the Broncos for John Moffitt lol...
    Best part about the trade is Moffitt retired less than 3 months into that season iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Grube Been meaning to ask this, not being rude, just curious. Your avatar, is as far as I know, a D from a Detroit team. So, how exactly does that connect with your Bronco fandom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Honestly, Cooper is just gravy. The second round pick is what's important.

Cooper is a top 10 pick lineman, if we want to pick up his option it would cost Belichick 12 million or there about. There's no way Belichick pays Cooper 12M to play in 2017. Cooper is a 1 year rental that maybe gets a normal deal offered if he performs well, but is otherwise let go after this year. He's just there cause the Patriots wanted more than a second rounder (or maybe a higher second rounder) and this is what the Cards could do to sweeten the deal.
    One more body for a much maligned and injury-riddled OLine can't hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    One more body for a much maligned and injury-riddled OLine can't hurt.
    No, you're right. In fact the Patriots must have had more offers, yet they chose the one that gave them an O-lineman, that says a lot. But still, he's a 1 year rental, while the 2nd round pick will be on the team for 4 years and might turn into Gronk, Shane Vereen, Jamie Collins, Jimmy Garopollo etc. The player is definitely the side dish in this trade meal.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    @Grube Been meaning to ask this, not being rude, just curious. Your avatar, is as far as I know, a D from a Detroit team. So, how exactly does that connect with your Bronco fandom?
    I am from Michigan, but college football/baseball/auto racing is much more popular both in the area I grew up. The only family member I have that followed the NFL followed the Broncos, so I guess I stuck with that. Safety being my favorite position to play in rocket football (youth football league) and seeing Steve Atwater play probably aided in that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I am from Michigan, but college football/baseball/auto racing is much more popular both in the area I grew up. The only family member I have that followed the NFL followed the Broncos, so I guess I stuck with that. Safety being my favorite position to play in rocket football (youth football league) and seeing Steve Atwater play probably aided in that.
    Cool, glad to hear it. I was kinda wondering if you were just so disgusted with the Lions you'd disavowed them and had taken refuge with a team that doesn't consistently screw up. I feared I had maybe opened up deep wounds with my question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Safety being my favorite position to play in rocket football (youth football league) and seeing Steve Atwater play probably aided in that.
    I like the guy they've got now, Darian Stewart, he was knockin people around in the AFC Championship.

- - - Updated - - -

Galette signed another 1 year deal with Washington.

15+ Year Old Account

Saw this, haha.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Las Vegas today. It'll be a lot easier to put my money where my mouth is on predictions this season. Anyone here in the area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post

Saw this, haha.
    That was pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders resign Penn, looks like he stopped over valuing himself. That's a deep talent rich Oline in Oakland.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Aldon Smith is now allowed to talk to anyone who wants to sign him. His suspension is up around Week 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys restructured Tyron Smith's contract to free up millions in cap space. Weird to see "hey, we got room for stuff". Course, it doesn't matter if it's not spent. Dashon Goldson is apparently visiting, as is future draft pick Derrick Henry. Hopefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    LaFell is visiting Cincinnati, he could replicate the production of their departed receivers at a much more reasonable price.