Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivion666 View Post
    are you fucking retarded or just plain lazy? I was NOT talking about mmo's ffs!
    Mods sleeping or? I've seen infractions for MUCH less. Considering this is pretty much a troll post made by somebody who's clearly immature as hell and not looking for any constructive conversation... I find it hard to believe this thread is open and this guy hasn't been interacted the hell out of.

Edit: I just went over some of this guys older posts. How isn't he banned yet? Literally 1/3rd of his posts are calling people retarded or telling them to get fucked. Never will I ever understand the moderation on these forums..
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2016-03-16 at 10:01 AM.

I was never really hyped for Legion, but I lost all of it shortly after Blizzcon. There is almost ZERO information about the game ever since. I don't give a fuck about them talking about class balance, ehich is all they seem to be doing. I remember when CMs/devs used to conveniently pick and answer questions that were about the new world, crafting, pet battles, lore, or about the flagship feature (archaeology in cata, pet battles in mists, garrisonsbergsfsfsfsdgdg in wod). I remember people highlighting funny quests. There were news for every week.
    Now you have to either pick new build notes apart for your own entertainment, or just wait.

Edit: the last thing that moved me was the dungeon race. But they forgot to put up a summary/highlight/result post about it? Funny.

Also I think Ghostcrawler should stop talking about WoW. it hurts more than it helps. He is on a different game for eons now. It's like going back to your ex and talking about good times. Not healthy.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-03-16 at 10:25 AM.

Obviously I'll try out Legion when it hits, but I'm having so much fun in FFXIV now. Blizz ain't getting my money till I see that expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really imagine how they let another 12+ month final patch happen. Or why they decided to announce Legion so early. I'll end up doing what I've done since Cata; leveling up a few toons, dabble in the end game and then unsubbing until the next patch that catches my interest. But I can't help but feel that it would have held my attention longer if the announcement was within a few months of release.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Legion did not have much hype to begin with, and people who were hyped in first place will be hyped no matter how long it will take
    Pretty much. I don't see the point in getting hyped after the catastrophe thats called WoD, other then keeping up with the story its looking to be about the same quality and quantity as WoD. Which is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I think a better question is why do current expansions keep getting less content, the dev team keeps gets bigger but the development cycle of new expansions along with the content drought never changes.
    Old engine is my guess.

Even for the long-time WoW devs it must be pretty tough and unnefficient to develop content and features for an engine that first started being built in the early 2000s (2001 it was already friends&family alpha I believe). For newer devs that perhaps were used to more modern engines, it will be even worse.

So not only as time goes by (the more they try to keep the game "modern" in graphics, responsiveness, etc) but also as more experienced Devs get moved to other projects and replaced with new devs, the slower it gets. IF the team remained relatively stable since the big increase they talked about of early WoD development, we should see an improvement in Legion over WoD - But chances are the trend will be slower release of content until they rebuild the game on a new engine as part of an xpac, make "WoW 2", or simply stop developing new features / updating the game and focus just on new content (zones, quests, dungeons, raids) in the existant systems and features.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah.

Quality over quantity and all that other BS! /sarcasm

Biggest Team Ever(tm) is nice, too.

The OP isn't wrong. He just lost patience and that isn't surprising at all given how long it takes and how unappealing and small the work-in-progress looks.
    Well both you and him are free to stop caring about WoW and moving on to all those better games you talk about and their forums =P
    You can rest assured the rest of us who still enjoy WoW will continue doing so, no need to come back to check on us ^^
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-03-16 at 10:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    If there are much smaller dev companies producing much better games then why even care about WOW at all ? Just go play all those much better games.
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Don't use logic here, this is MMO-CHAMPION!

Deleted
    I'm still waiting for them to finish 'polishing off' WOD to be honest, so I wouldn't hold out much hope for Legion.

Deleted
    Legion is actually probaly released earlier, shortly after the movie is released (probaly end June somewhere)
    blizzardwatch.com/2016/02/11/the-latest-on-legions-launch-date-from-activision-blizzards-investor-call/

The lack of novelties is what kills hype, as long as they keep releasing stuff to keep up the interest when they need to they'll be fine. For example, if they transition to beta in a few weeks with some massive invite waves and some new content the hype train will be full speed again.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dainasty View Post
    Legion is actually probaly released earlier, shortly after the movie is released (probaly end June somewhere)
    blizzardwatch.com/2016/02/11/the-latest-on-legions-launch-date-from-activision-blizzards-investor-call/
    That would mean we would get the pre expansion event pretttttty soon (it has to last for 1-2 month, and till june it's only 3 - precisely two and half - months left), which means it should hit the ptr even sooner, basically right now. And I don't see it on the ptr.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-03-16 at 10:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    That would mean we would get the pre expansion event pretttttty soon (it has to last for 1-2 month, and till june it's only 3 - precisely two and half - months left), which means it should hit the ptr even sooner, basically right now. And I don't see it on the ptr.
    I believe it will come out end of july beginning of august, releasing the first tier of raiding on september like everyone wanted after the flop with HFC releasing in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    I believe it will come out end of july beginning of august, releasing the first tier of raiding on september like everyone wanted after the flop with HFC releasing in summer.
    That's more like it, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Tbh, he isn't exactly wrong.. The fact that we still have no real clue as to when legion will be released, is quite telling. Another thing is the fact that Alpha isn't really that well polished yet, and the fact that its still officially an alpha is also quite telling. The most recent reply calling it "Early alpha" is for sure also a big red flag.

I dont really know whats keeping them, maybe its the general feeling of, "if we fuck this up, we are over", so they make damn sure its perfect, but what they dont realize is, that while we sit here and wait, more and more will quit and move on.
    It was quite surprising to all, seeing the massive resurgence during early WoD, id call it a one-off- but mainly id say its quite clear that once people quit WoW, they dont return and stick around. That means every single expansion end, where we have no content for a year, its easily the worst for the game population as a whole.

When Legion was announced at games-con in Germany back in August, i figured they did it, because they couldn't wait til Blizzcon, simply put "cus it would be out too soon after the announcement, and that beta would be available at blizzcon". Boy was i mistaken... Theres been literally no reason for that early announcement, it created hype for something that was over a year off, something i think does more harm than good.

At the same time though, we knew that had they waited til blizzcon, we would have had NOTHING for almost 6 months, thats the normal patch cycle length, and people would have been pissed to no end, and rightfully so. Im certain that people at blizzard know that this expansion has been a piss-take, nothing indicates otherwise. But the fact that we arent even close to a release after this long, is indeed unsettling.
    Alpha is just a name, it will not enter BETA. The state of the alpha is much more polished than some late BETAs for previous expansions.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Too much time? So you managed to get hyped for something you KNEW (unless there is something fundamentally wrong with you) would not be released until at least June / July, and you're gonna pull out the "too much time" card in March?

Deleted
    end june = add another month tho (: but yeah we'll see, im already glad to hear any date thats not september

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Well the hype never happened for me so, I wish those who pre-ordered enjoy it, surely it can't be worse than WoD, it's not possible.
    Agreed. I have so little faith in Blizzard to put out a quality game anymore, that they'd honestly have to just sit on their thumbs at this point to disappoint me. I expect so little, that unless Legion has half the amount that WoD did, they just can't fail in my eyes.

All that being said, I worry that WoW has no future at this point. Their lackadaisical attitude towards just how much of a flop WoD was really shows how little they care about their players, instead focusing solely on their investors. I expect the same out of them as I do most game companies now; a mediocre "AAA" product that just keeps their financial train moving.

My bet is still: Pre-patch (pre expansion event) in early June with the movie; Full xpac release around late July.

It is all in their interest to go for something like this. People will be coming back / trying WoW for the first time after watching the movie, even if it's not so good it will still be a massive marketing deal, especially if they go ahead with the "1 ticket = battlechest + 1 month sub" promotion.

You don't want people coming back / starting to play after they watch the movie only to have their class/spec completly changed a few weeks later =P That's why I bet on pre-patch along with the movie with all class changes up, pre-xpac event ready and demon hunters out (pre-purchases have early access to leveling demon hunter).

All I'm surprised is they didn't had a different xpac in place of WoD and "saved" WoD to release with the movie, as the theme of WoD matches more the movie than Legion =P Maybe that was the plan before the movie got delayed, who knows.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-03-16 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think the announcement during Gamescom was a forced move because Wildstar had announced to go F2P, ESO xpac and what not. (People didn't seem to be really excited there btw :P )
    Then Blizzcon happened where they unleash much hype either. Devs haning in there chairs, rocking from left to right talking like "yeah yeah yeah... stuff and such... bla bla... it's very good... Best ever...".

The movie being pushed back probably has had some influence on the release date as well. With the 'get all of wow up untill WoD when you buy a movie ticket' (I am correct on that, right? If not, my bad) I feel they really want to have an extreme boost in subscribers again to shows some good numbers for their shareholders quarterly earnings. Lure them in with free WoW, hope people get over excited and buy Legion in the process. Even if they abandon the game shortly after, who cares! It's boxes being sold. Good marketing really, hats off to that. If I am correct, that is.

I’m pretty sure that if we had the movie past December, Legion would have been around as well. So pushing back either the game or the movie has been pushing back the other as well. They want to combo it at all costs.

That said, I’m expecting Blizzard’s hypetrain to start rolling a good 6-7 weeks before the movie launches. Till then I expect very little updates :[

I won’t be preordering myself after the WoD debacle tho. First and only xpac I ever preordered haha. Took a few days off work just to stare at queue timers. No thanks.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    You could just do something else until Legion is ready to come out. Crazy idea I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    My bet is still: Pre-patch (pre expansion event) in early June with the movie; Full xpac release around late July.
    Yeh I'm also 100% sure the pre-patch will line up with the movie, especially with DH early access being a huge selling point and your other points regarding the class / gameplay changes.