Poll: More Obama than the law allows?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMonktana View Post
    Nobody wants to see Hillary or Trump as president

Would you vote to just keep Obama for the rest of his life instead if you could?
    Nobody? There are millions who do. And your poll lacks some more options. Such as " No Obama ever again or any of his political supporters ".

Deleted
    Whats more funny Bush or Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    Under Trumps slander law he wants to pass, any negative criticism can be considered slander there by being a criminal offense. He pretty much wants to take away your 1st amendment right or is just to stupid to realise that his ideal infringes upon it. Either way, not the guy I would want as my president.
    Yep, exactly. I don't know how people can support someone who wants to infringe on constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    News stations do get sued.
    Sometimes. And sometimes those who sue them get told the news stations have a right to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I'd much rather have Bernie, John Kasich or Rand Paul as POTUS than those other shitty options.

But... if Trump wins the GOP, my vote is going to Clinton. I'd much rather have a liar as POTUS than a neo-fascist.
    Even if that was true and he was what you say, why would you rather have a liar? At least a neo-facist you can predict, a liar by their very nature is unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Sometimes. And sometimes those who sue them get told the news stations have a right to lie.
    If they're lying about a person and it is harmful to their reputation it is called libel and it is a crime.

If a person lies about a person and it is harmful to their reputation it is called slander and it is a crime.

No one has the right to libel or slander.

Even if that was true and he was what you say, why would you rather have a liar? At least a neo-facist you can predict, a liar by their very nature is unpredictable.
    Trump is a liar too though. Hillary and Trump both lie nearly constantly.

I didn't vote for Obummer last time, I wouldn't vote for him indefinitely.
    I don't like Trump, I don't trust Clinton. It's a shame that there are only two choices every election cycle in this allegedly great nation.

Yep, exactly. I don't know how people can support someone who wants to infringe on constitutional rights.
    Haha, I see what you did there and agree. To the point about libel laws, he never mentioned anything about free speech being taken away. He simply stated that news outlets can be sued for publishing false information knowingly. While I don't agree with the way he went about it, I think everyone can realize that the media industry as a whole is pretty slanted one particular direction and often times can be counted on by one particular party to tow the line.

- - - Updated - - -

If they're lying about a person and it is harmful to their reputation it is called libel and it is a crime.

If a person lies about a person and it is harmful to their reputation it is called slander and it is a crime.

No one has the right to libel or slander.

Trump is a liar too though. Hillary and Trump both lie nearly constantly.
    OK, well thats not the example that was given. It was Hillary was a liar and trump was a neo-facist. Not agreeing with the poster, just stating what they said.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

Would you vote to just keep Obama for the rest of his life instead if you could?
    No. I am not interested in a king or a dictator for life. Even if you think Obama is the most awesome president ever, at some point there will be a truly bad president, and you don't want to open that door for them.

We learned this lesson a long time ago with kings.

"...and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana, Reason in Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Haha, I see what you did there and agree. To the point about libel laws, he never mentioned anything about free speech being taken away. He simply stated that news outlets can be sued for publishing false information knowingly. While I don't agree with the way he went about it, I think everyone can realize that the media industry as a whole is pretty slanted one particular direction and often times can be counted on by one particular party to tow the line.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, well thats not the example that was given. It was Hillary was a liar and trump was a neo-facist. Not agreeing with the poster, just stating what they said.
    Of course he's not going to come right out and say he's taking away free speech. By his law/logic if you post a review of a hotel and it is not favorable they can call it slander and you can be sued for said slander.

7+ Year Old Account

We are a democracy not a dictatorship, as much as some of you wish otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    We are a democracy not a dictatorship, as much as some of you wish otherwise.
    It sometimes feels like a dictatorship, with some of those lifetime politicians we keep re-electing. There really needs to be term limits for all political offices.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    It sometimes feels like a dictatorship, with some of those lifetime politicians we keep re-electing. There really needs to be term limits for all political offices.
    I strongly agree with this. Same for Supreme Court Justices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Nah, the World needs to be Cleansed of Political Correctness and Nanny State
    If I was American I would vote Mr Trump.

Amen.

Lets not give Obama any ideas about becoming President for life either.