LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    World or WARcraft, hello?

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    DOOOM DOOOOM. End of the world is coming.

Someone had to say it.
    yeah all queue for the Doom Song
    Last edited by Igzorn; 2016-03-16 at 12:22 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post
    I'm honestly interested in your explanation for that statement.
    Maybe the poster meant for more content for 99.9% of the population rather than focus on giving 0.01% the best stuff in the game including things like exlcusive encounters (Ra-Den, Sinestra, Cho'Gall in Highmaul). Just guessing.

I don't like the movie promotion image... it's too "grungy" (an outdated style) and fits more for a Sons of Anarchy or Walking Dead theme style... it has no flavor at all of high fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I don't like the movie promotion image... it's too "grungy" (an outdated style) and fits more for a Sons of Anarchy or Walking Dead theme style... it has no flavor at all of high fantasy.
    I saw it and immediately thought "Ok Ragnar, we won't fight"

Does War have to be always Alliance vs Horde? Its as you say. World of Warcraft. Not World of WarBetween Alliance and Horde all the timecraft.

The legion is banging on the door and you still want the Humans and Orcs to slaughtering each other?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    @chaud I liked the Warcraft Chronicles amazon/blizzard gear store juxtaposition. Gear store really loves to mark things up
    Amazon shows the regular price as $39.99; they just have a special promotion to get it cheaper at the moment.

Deleted
    The problem that wow is facing for a long time now, is the social decomposition of the playerbase.
    This decomposition was brought about by several implementations, such as:

- spliting raids into different difficulties (normal, heroic, mythic) and the resulting step-wise conversion of itemlevel and powerlevel.
    - LFR
    - cross-server raiding (and to a lesser degree cross-server pvp)

Now please take note, that i am not saying that these options are completely bad for the game, in fact it might even have saved wow from dying a long time ago - well, we can never know what would have happened if... (you get it).

So how are the above mentioned parts of the game involved in decomposing the player base?

At the beginnig of ones raiding career, it is obvious to start with dungeons and then (if you have the gear), move on to the lowest difficulty level of raiding, which is the "normal" difficulty at the moment. Finding a raidgroup that is willing to accept a dungeon-equipped player as raidmember is not easy, since it is no effort for the raidgroup to just make an event in the raidfinder tool and pick from the applying players whichever is the most satisfying. The probability is very high, that the player you pick is not from your server, but from any other, assuming that applications to the raidfinder tool are independent of server (though, server population will be correlated if considering total number of applications per server).

The Raidgroup selected only the best players available, so the content they are dealing with at the moment turns out to be not much of a challenge. Not quiet a cakewalk, but not the challenge that it should have been to be rewarding. But since there is still heroic an mythic, there is still danger to deal with. Of course, since heroic and normal are not locking out eachother, normal raid is farmed and heroic raid progressed simultaneously. again, gear solves problems on heroic that would otherwise have been challenging gameplay, but to be fair, it was allready harder than normal difficulty.

now mythic raiding is waiting ahead. this is the real deal. the trial everyone longed for to prove themselves. but there is a problem.

you don't have 20 people and some of the players in your raidgroup are'nt even on your server.
    people get bored of raiding heroic every week while trying to acquier players from your own server who have the gear to do mythic.
    the raidmembers from the other servers are frustrated cause they would have to transfer to stay part of the raidgroup, but their friends who are always around for casual BG fun are not willing to transfer as well.

and on top of that all, your boss kills on normal and heroic are not feeling like an accomplishment anymore, since mythic raiders all over the place look down on heroic and normal raiders like "thats not the real challenge, you just went easy mode!". players are leaving the raid for mythic guilds, others quit or are stuck with the ever repeating content of normal/heroic raiding.

meanwhile, our dungeon geard wannabe raider tried gearing up in LFR and shot himself.

The problem is, that if everyone plays with everyone from another server, where you can never engage in any world contet (or mythic), that is exactly what an mmo is not supposed to be and you can't cultivate any kind of communal spirit in this way.
    But WoW encourages this behaviour, in delivering no world content that can't be soloed and in unlocking mythic only through gateways which are much more easy to pass utilizing cross-realm gaming.

this is also why many people get the feeling that wow is "dying". because there is just not going on anything that anyone can witness. everyone sits in their garrison applying to a tool that matches you to people you don't know and can never meet without using the tool, while any of the capitals are turning into ghost towns, still governed by faction leaders not involved in the current storry line.

Deleted
    So every balance druid animation is a different kind of Moonfire? Seriously Moonfire, Sunfire, Lunar Strike and Stellar Flare looks almost the same. Even Fury of Elune is a close one.
    Starfall is great though!

congratulations on your understanding of 1st grade english.

Someone should tell the characters in the movie that they're in a movie called "warcraft", oh they cant possibly know? Lothar bore witness to members of the enemy faction he can reason wit hand realizes theres more to the situation than just an invading alien army?

It would be a very boring movie if it was just everything full of testosterone screaming for war

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreidl View Post
    The problem that wow is facing for a long time now, is the social decomposition of the playerbase.

- spliting raids into different difficulties (normal, heroic, mythic) and the resulting step-wise conversion of itemlevel and powerlevel.
    - LFR

Now please take note, that i am not saying that these options are completely bad for the game, in fact it might even have saved wow from dying a long time ago - well, we can never know what would have happened if... (you get it).

So how are the above mentioned parts of the game involved in decomposing the player base?

At the beginnig of ones raiding career, it is obvious to start with dungeons and then (if you have the gear), move on to the lowest difficulty level of raiding, which is the "normal" difficulty at the moment. Finding a raidgroup that is willing to accept a dungeon-equipped player as raidmember is not easy, since it is no effort for the raidgroup to just make an event in the raidfinder tool and pick from the applying players whichever is the most satisfying. The probability is very high, that the player you pick is not from your server, but from any other, assuming that applications to the raidfinder tool are independent of server (though, server population will be correlated if considering total number of applications per server).

The Raidgroup selected only the best players available, so the content they are dealing with at the moment turns out to be not much of a challenge. Not quiet a cakewalk, but not the challenge that it should have been to be rewarding. But since there is still heroic an mythic, there is still danger to deal with. Of course, since heroic and normal are not locking out eachother, normal raid is farmed and heroic raid progressed simultaneously. again, gear solves problems on heroic that would otherwise have been challenging gameplay, but to be fair, it was allready harder than normal difficulty.

now mythic raiding is waiting ahead. this is the real deal. the trial everyone longed for to prove themselves. but there is a problem.

you don't have 20 people and some of the players in your raidgroup are'nt even on your server.
    people get bored of raiding heroic every week while trying to acquier players from your own server who have the gear to do mythic.
    the raidmembers from the other servers are frustrated cause they would have to transfer to stay part of the raidgroup, but their friends who are always around for casual BG fun are not willing to transfer as well.

and on top of that all, your boss kills on normal and heroic are not feeling like an accomplishment anymore, since mythic raiders all over the place look down on heroic and normal raiders like "thats not the real challenge, you just went easy mode!". players are leaving the raid for mythic guilds, others quit or are stuck with the ever repeating content of normal/heroic raiding.

meanwhile, our dungeon geard wannabe raider tried gearing up in LFR and shot himself.

The problem is, that if everyone plays with everyone from another server, where you can never engage in any world contet (or mythic), that is exactly what an mmo is not supposed to be and you can't cultivate any kind of communal spirit in this way.
    But WoW encourages this behaviour, in delivering no world content that can't be soloed and in unlocking mythic only through gateways which are much more easy to pass utilizing cross-realm gaming.

this is also why many people get the feeling that wow is "dying". because there is just not going on anything that anyone can witness. everyone sits in their garrison applying to a tool that matches you to people you don't know and can never meet without using the tool, while any of the capitals are turning into ghost towns, still governed by faction leaders not involved in the current storry line.
    I totally agree, then there is the other huge problem with cross-servers that with what little world content there is to do like killing long spawn time rares of 15 minutes or more. You have people that are just using an addon to use the group finding tool to constantly switch servers to kill a certain rare over and over. I can't count how many times I have went to kill a rare and out of no where someone just appears and kills the rare then disappears to another server. I could do that but hell the only rares that feel rare anymore are the long spawn timer rares and now with cross server jumping you can kill the same rare multiple times in the time it takes one spawn which takes away from the feeling of it being rare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    So every balance druid animation is a different kind of Moonfire? Seriously Moonfire, Sunfire, Lunar Strike and Stellar Flare looks almost the same. Even Fury of Elune is a close one.
    Yeah ;/

Also why is Fury of Elune particled as red flames? I like the idea of red moon representing her furious side but flames? Flames and moon? Isn't moon more cold than hot?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I really like Primordial Azeroth art *.*
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2016-03-16 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    "War is not the only option" seems an odd thing to put out for a movie titled "Warcraft" when we know war is what WOW is all about.

expand your spirit roudene!
    a moon can have any appearence!

Quote Originally Posted by dreidl View Post

- LFR

I think a lot of this can be shortened to skill matters less than gear in overall numbers of players. By that I mean to say: Without the gear, you can NOT do Mythic, Heroic, Normal, or even LFR.

To elaborate more, this could be your 8'th alt and you know all the fights in and out. The limitation is primarily gear. I seriously doubt you're going to be taking an iLvl 680 Warlock into HFC Mythic.

And this can even be shortened to: if you don't have the gear, you don't matter / can't contribute to the group. -- this concept runs against the concept of the original incarnation of MMO's.

To add, gear is RNG. Grinding isn't even a guarantee and you're slowed on grind. If we needed me to get my ele shaman up so I can swap out my warlock to bring in someone else -- we can't until my shaman is geared enough to not bring the raid down. It could be weeks until we can swap out as you aren't taking an LFR geared class into Mythic.

tl;dr: Gear matters *way* too much between difficulties.

I think this movie is going to bomb. Maybe if it had come out 4yrs ago it would have done decently.

Just checked Amazon.de for Chronicle in Germany. Here it costs EUR 33.95 -.-
    edit: Cheapest price I find on Google is EUR 26.95. Which is okay I guess as it is a German onlineshop, so shipping from the US is already included.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-03-16 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    I think this movie is going to bomb. Maybe if it had come out 4yrs ago it would have done decently.
    Say what you want, but the movie will easily make it's money back and then some.

"War is not the only option."

ONLY if you're talking about the movie apparently where they hope to change warcraft.

If you're talking about the game or the entire history of WARcraft. Was is not only the only option. It's the one gamers want I'd think.

But hell, War isn't the only option. Neither is a movie ticket.

World of Warcraft.
    War isn't the only option.

LOL WTF...

15+ Year Old Account
    Advertisement promo fore carebear movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Does War have to be always Alliance vs Horde? Its as you say. World of Warcraft. Not World of WarBetween Alliance and Horde all the timecraft.

The legion is banging on the door and you still want the Humans and Orcs to slaughtering each other?
    War is war, I did not differentiate if it was Horde vs Alliance or other.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose