Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Listen, if you really feel that I am posting or saying anything that is against forum rules, by all means report my post, and if the mods agree, I will be infracted.

Just because you're upset for me asking you (a known poster who intentionally derails threads she doesn't agree with) to actually post something about the topic, doesn't mean its an infractable offense. But enough talking about that, I simply asked a couple questions to think about.
    I said nothing about infractions. I am helping you find the thread you already made to save you some time.

Also, since you appear to have lost or forgotten my username, it is in green to the left of my post. You sure are forgetful today, scalywag.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to play with my Draenei.
    But currently there is nothing to do for her... so I can't play my Draenei.

That's why I would like more content.

- - - Updated - - -

My assumption it all has to revolve around gear. If they put in 3 new dungeons, with gear with a max ilvl of 685, id recon they would try them out, and after they ran each dungeon once, they would be back to complaining because the gear isnt better than other ways they can currently acquire gear.
    Yes, character progression is typically what drives MMOs, because most MMOs are rather pitiful when it comes to story telling and rely more on repetition than engagement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    When people decry a lack of content in WoD, it's shorthand for a lack of engaging, worthwhile, rewarding content. Doesn't take much brainpower to read what's inferred rather than going by strict word choice like an automaton.
    I see this argument all the time. What then, would you propose Blizzard do to solve the problem? What type of content would you like to see? They ask this all the time to players complaining on the official forums, yet, they cant ever answer that, and only continue to bicker and complain.

What content do you want? Because is it really an issue of content, or is it an issue of you (generally speaking) being burned out on MMOs?

10+ Year Old Account
    What content do you want? Because is it really an issue of content, or is it an issue of you (generally speaking) being burned out on MMOs?
    I don't think that there is ANY content that can stand up to 6 month+ of repetition. No matter how fun it is initially, after doing the same thing for 6 months on a weekly or even daily basis, most WILL get sick and tired of it.

For many a change of scenery and a further development of lore will help, for a while. But in the end, once you get burned out of the gear treadmill as such, MMOs are essentially a lost cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I said nothing about infractions. I am helping you find the thread you already made to save you some time.
    it was implied by you saying "i dont think that is allowed". And, okay, thank you for directing me to my other post

Also, since you appear to have lost or forgotten my username, it is in green to the left of my post. You sure are forgetful today, scalywag.
    @emilylorange can we start fresh? I am really a nice guy, and I don't ever mean or intend to offend or hurt any other poster here. I understand my opinions on things are often different from other people here, but I really don't mean to offend. Really just discuss. Can we just start fresh and put any past issues behind us?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see this argument all the time. What then, would you propose Blizzard do to solve the problem? What type of content would you like to see? They ask this all the time to players complaining on the official forums, yet, they cant ever answer that, and only continue to bicker and complain.

Have a questchain and a dungeon every 2 months, a raid with 4 bosses (or a wing of a raid) every 4, a new zone every 6 months. Sure, there would still be people complaining that there's not enough content, but they won't be the majority anymore as there will actually be content.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't think that there is ANY content that can stand up to 6 month+ of repetition. No matter how fun it is initially, after doing the same thing for 6 months on a weekly or even daily basis, most WILL get sick and tired of it.

For many a change of scenery and a further development of lore will help, for a while. But in the end, once you get burned out of the gear treadmill as such, MMOs are essentially a lost cause.
    I can agree with you on the change of scenery comment for sure.

Yes, it would be nice to see something different. Would you be in favor of monthly content patches, even if they were small quest lines added to the game, or an island that was discovered with some dailies? Something small like that?

Deleted

The user @det have a very nice quote on his sig about this:

"It’s not the job of the artist to give the audience what the audience wants. If the audience knew what they needed, then they wouldn’t be the audience. They would be the artists. It is the job of artists to give the audience what they need."

— Alan Moore

It's Blizzard's job to come up with *new things* not ours...

In earlier expansions there were so many options, activities and features that there was plenty to do for everyone... without having to engage in things you didn't care for. And there was enough things you liked to do to last 2 years until another expansion.

Now the content is so sparse and so repetitious that it lasts 6 months tops... less for most players. Blizz seems so hell bent on designing easy to generate, numbers based content (Garrisons, rift-like endless CMs, LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic.. OMG!) so they can get this game into some cheap "maintenance mode".

How in the WORLD did Blizzard create BC and Wrath with half the team size and manage to create content that lasted so long? (Wrath started to get thin in the lst 6 months.. but it made it.)

Now we have twice the team size, half the content patches, and a FULL YEAR of no content updates. It is absolutely ludicrous.

@emilylorange can we start fresh? I am really a nice guy, and I don't ever mean or intend to offend or hurt any other poster here. I understand my opinions on things are often different from other people here, but I really don't mean to offend. Really just discuss. Can we just start fresh and put any past issues behind us?
    Jay you're a smart dude. I have defended some things you've said in the past, in part, because every once and a while you're pretty reasonable, and even have smart observations about player behavior/developer actions.

Whether or not we get along depends entirely on your decisions. I can respect you would leave your family and marry WoD if it were a sentient being capable of consent. I don't understand it, but I can respect it.

The part where everyone who disagrees with you is 'trolling', 'wrong', 'derailing', 'negative', or whatever other term you choose to shut down people with today, not so much. Oh sure, there's the guy on the last page who went too far and he'll get the infraction coming to him, I'm sure, you can justifiably dismiss that.

You act with a sort of insincerity, typically. I think you delight in it - after all, for all the 'negativity', you keep coming back. If your behavior is more of the same, then 'starting fresh' would be rather silly, we'd end up in the place.

So, I don't know Jay, I think this depends on you.

Are you turning over a new leaf of sincere conversation and discussion of opposing views, or am I going to see a 'remove LFR' thread tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Now we have twice the team size, half the content patches, and a FULL YEAR of no content updates. It is absolutely ludicrous.
    Too many roosters in the hen house?

I still think if they just spread out when content was released instead of having large huge deployments every 4-6 months. It'd at least appear there was more content. Such as.
    Feb- release 4 5 mans,
    March- ok transmog system is ready its goes out.
    April - Remember the 5 mans back in Feb? Here is the raid for them.
    May - Tweaks
    June - Tweaks... new set of combat pets
    July - Tweaks
    Aug - We've added new costumes for tramogs to professions. Oh and here's a new single boss raid.

Etc. Instead of

Feb - *crickets*
    March - RELEASE THE MOTHERLOAD!!!!
    April - Tweaks
    May - *crickets*
    June - *crickets*
    July - *crickets*
    Aug - *crickets*

Maybe its just me.

i think players have too much content. i vote to remove all content one tier per week until there is only 1 relevant tier, and reset the ilevels back to vanilla

Listen, if you really feel that I am posting or saying anything that is against forum rules, by all means report my post, and if the mods agree, I will be infracted.
    Just to get this out of the way you really should shut up about this since you've been banned from this forum at least 5+ times in the past two years so apparently the mods DO agree that you post crap. I'm amazed that for some strange reason the ban is never permanent. That being said let's move on to your topic...

But you see, there are still millions of players who disagree with this statement. The current content is enough to satisfy 5 million players.. so again, im not sure even if Blizzard added a new dungeon patch if that would be enough to satisfy people who don't like whats available now.
    Just because people are subbed doesn't mean their satisfied. I'm subbed but I am not at all satisfied with the state of the game. And before you say just unsub I enjoy playing with the people I've raided with for the past 7 years and I've invested far too much time and money in the game to just quit. Those are the reasons I stay, not because Blizz makes anything resembling good content at a reasonable rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    The problem is, people rush through the content so fast because they want to be the first to do it, even though those achievements are gone, the competition to do it is still there. People shouldn't try to clear the new content in one day, then maybe they wouldn't feel like there isn't enough content. I always keep plenty for myself to do in game, farm transmog, farm gold, level alts, do the less linear achievements, raid here and there. I don't know, maybe people should log off the game and save stuff to do for another day instead of doing it all at once
    This is some terrible logic here. Stop consuming content so quick and complaining about not having anything to do. Clearly you should go slower so you have more stuff to do for longer. That is seriously your argument. Maybe the game designer should take this into considering and either A, put stuff out faster (how many times have we heard that one?) or B, make things take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The user @det have a very nice quote on his sig about this:

"It’s not the job of the artist to give the audience what the audience wants. If the audience knew what they needed, then they wouldn’t be the audience. They would be the artists. It is the job of artists to give the audience what they need."

— Alan Moore

It's Blizzard's job to come up with *new things* not ours...
    QFT right here. This guy gets it.

Signature Created by Jassinta

What the game needs is content with lasting appeal, not a bunch of sprinkles over the top that you'll be through with in no time. Unfortunately, due to how centered around end game Warcraft and its many clones are, it's difficult for anything like that to exist because at one point or another you're going to end up in the same position - waiting for a weekly lockout so you can do the same few activities over and over again.

But, that's the style of game they are shooting for and that's what people are content with.

Not like, say, Final Fantasy XI. A game where end-game viable items would come from a very diverse range of content of varying difficulty. Where progression from expansion to expansion was not so vertical and much of its content remained relevant until many years later when they finally increased the level cap beyond 75. This game ended up having an almost overwhelming amount of content much of which served a very legitimate purpose for character progression. Some items remained incredibly competitive or absolutely best-in-slot multiple expansions later.

So no, I don't want "more content" in the sense that I wish they would pack a bunch of crap in all at once for me to burn through slightly slower than the usual crop they yield during an expansion. I just wish that the content lent itself to longevity and having a genuine purpose for character progression, instead of it being a means to reach the one, singular end game that WoW has ultimately built itself around. Don't get me wrong, I love raiding. But there always comes that point where it's all I do in the game anymore until the next reset that comes with a new expansion.

Deleted
    The word content in gaming discussions makes me want to vomit, it's a buzzword which means nothing but "stuff" as opposed to what, not stuff?

The "content"-mongers are in my opinion the ones who do not understand what they want, so they push for more aimless stuff, when the problem of WoW has always been the lack of long term planning, the inability to satisfy the demands of the players with the extremely inefficient wasteful themepark design philosophy is glaringly obvious, they've been putting players into grindmode just a week after launching new expansions and updates which last for sometimes up to a year at times, they should be utilising the "content" which already exists, but this whole concept is being systematically ignored by them as they keep reinventing/changing the wheel to pull in new players, while alienating the veterans.

Utilizing old content isn't really possible though. Timewalking is just an awful experience every single time, and I don't think scaling everything will really be possible/worth the investment because most people only do dungeons for currency at the end

Deleted
    We wouldn't need content if content wasn't burned through on LFR. People bitch about content drought even though they create it themselves by demanding Blizz gives all content day 1 of release without effort.

Quote Originally Posted by kraineth View Post
    seems obvious no?

We want blizzard to build a wall of content to keep the boredom from flooding into our lives and stealing our fun. After that we need to ban the casuals from subscribing to the game.

/s
    trump trump trump

nothing to see here its jaylock ppl
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

My assumption it all has to revolve around gear. If they put in 3 new dungeons, with gear with a max ilvl of 685, id recon they would try them out, and after they ran each dungeon once, they would be back to complaining because the gear isnt better than other ways they can currently acquire gear.

Thats just my hunch though. Maybe they really would be satisfied with 3 new dungeon environments though *shrug*
    WE WANT DALLIES

How did people do rep in Wotlk and Cata even though each faction had tons of dallies. Tabards.

More like they want hand outs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    nothing to see here its jaylock ppl
    Dont forget about me. This thread gun be guuud