Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Death Parade is a terrible place to start.
    yeah.. You have to start with Guyver: Out of Control

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I always thought that One Piece looked really dumb, but I started watching it like 2 weeks ago and I am just hooked. So if you want to watch something funny, about pirates, & long running, you could give One Piece a shot. When you see how many episodes there are, it seems daunting at first, but once you get like 100 episodes in, you will be happy that there are so many more to watch. (There are like ~730 episodes + crossovers)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    I always thought that One Piece looked really dumb, but I started watching it like 2 weeks ago and I am just hooked. So if you want to watch something funny, about pirates, & long running, you could give One Piece a shot. When you see how many episodes there are, it seems daunting at first, but once you get like 100 episodes in, you will be happy that there are so many more to watch. (There are like ~730 episodes + crossovers)
    Some episodes can be skiped tho. Some of them are using old episodes to fill up a gap.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post

(most anime never gets dubbed).
    Is actually false in the current age, most licensed anime do get a dub these days. It's more rare they don't get a dub on their dvd/bd releases.
    Funimation even started broadcasting anime with a broadcast dub while it's still airing in Japan.

But well yes you would have to invest in the dvd/bd or check if they put the dub version available for streaming on their websites.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Cowboy Bebop
    Golden Boy
    Ghost in the Shell
    Hellsing
    Candidate for Goddes
    The Vision of Escaflowne

The good old Stuff <3 Now I need to watch them all again *damn it*

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I can also vouch for kill la kill. The drawing and animation is quite crappy most of the time, but the humor, action and story make up more than enough for it. Quite good ^^
    Good lord, you should only recommend Kill la Kill to an anime newbie if you want them for it to be the last anime they ever watch. Not only the story is retarded, the humour cringy at best and graphics are pain to watch most of the time, what's worse is the amount of weird stuff going on (raping uniforms, to name one) that a weeb won't mind, but a normal person definitely will. The horribadness of the last few episodes of KlK are only matched by the last episodes of Claymore. I literally felt my brain cells dying by the scores while watching it.

How do you start watching anime? Start with your favorite real action series genre. Pick a comedy if you like comedies, pick a drama if you enjoy dramas. Then pick one with as high rating as possible, there's a good chance that thousands of voters didn't all make a mistake and overrate an anime. Then read a description and see if you find it attractive. And then start watching it.

I would definitely recommend Steins;Gate or Death Parade as a starting anime if you don't have a genre you specifically enjoy, IMO they are very un-animelike and you can watch them as you would a real action series. Shiki is also very good and much like the other ones I mentioned, plus, who doesn't like classic vampire stories?
    Last edited by Airlick; 2016-03-16 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    7 deadly sins is pretty easy to start with. The main character is pretty much a cross between Goku and Master Roshi. Little pervert.

Dragon Ball Z can be a lengthy affair, but the Kai version which is remastered and cut down to 167 eps is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If you have to watch dub, watch Ghost Stories. Your abs will get a solid workout.
    DBZ in German is a riot

Generally like everything else, you find something and watch it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Generally like everything else, you find something and watch it.
    What an amazing piece of advice for someone new. Did it take your several weeks to come up with this gem? Were you stroking your Fedora while typing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    What an amazing piece of advice for someone new. Did it take your several weeks to come up with this gem? Were you stroking your Fedora while typing?
    How did you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Seeing OP gave no clue as to what they like I would suggest favorites like FMA: Brotherhood, SAO, Attack on TiTan, 1 punch Man

10+ Year Old Account
    Saikano

You have to watch that one op. Trust me you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Seeing OP gave no clue as to what they like I would suggest favorites like FMA: Brotherhood, SAO, Attack on TiTan, 1 punch Man
    All rock solid suggestions!
    Last edited by Stormwolf64; 2016-03-17 at 12:37 AM.

Did we scare the OP away?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Maybe he is busy due to the bible black suggestion.

Deleted
    Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin aka Silver Fang, The best there is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Have asked the same question as op recently.
    My starting point somewhat the same - ran out of good animated shows.
    Favorites are Rick and Morty, Adventure time, Bobs Burgers, Archer - and i recently picked up Steven Universe which sctual have some ingenious episodes (even though Steven is kind of obnoxious imo).
    Ive seen Dragon Ball Z which is ok - but lacks the unexpected and inventive element. Avatar is no less predictable, but the characters has depth and the world is full of poetry.
    Big fan of Miyazaki and Kōji Morimoto/Studio 4°C.

I opened the Animee genre with Cowboy Bebop. And is reasonably enthusiastic about it. It is an cool universe. The characters are interesting. Good stories. Only critique point that graphic and narrative, sometimes feels very confusing.

Which Anime is generally most critically acclaimed anime?

Anime is just a medium... just like books, movies, tv series, etc. ... you have to be more specific on what kind of genres you enjoy.

If you like medievalish fantasy try Seirei no Moribito, it avoids general anime tropes/cliche character types so you wont get culture shocked early, it has great action scenes but it is few and far between, it is kinda low on fantasy side if you dont like magic and shit to be over the top you will probably like it, it has 24 episodes so not too long that you would get bored of fillers but not too short that it ends in one night, it has great characters, story and visuals (IMO), and also if you dont want to start anime with subbed it has a pretty good dub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Anime is just a medium... just like books, movies, tv series, etc. ... you have to be more specific on what kind of genres you enjoy.
    Thing is, im personally pretty open to all genres. Sci fi, fantasy, crime, coming of age, etc
    Im looking for quality writing, depth in story and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    (..) it has great characters, story and visuals (IMO), and also if you dont want to start anime with subbed it has a pretty good dub.
    Going to check out Seirei no Moribito. Thx