Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN5H9audCRQ

Thank god we westerners are much more humane.
    Are you really trying to compare a chicken to an intelligent animal like a dog?
    Last edited by muto; 2016-03-16 at 08:31 PM.

This is savage, and evil, plain and simple.

However so is what we do to chickens, cows, pigs, etc.. savage and evil in both cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I understand how it helps killing the lobsters humanely by knife ... I don't see how it helps if you want to cook the lobster in boiling water. They are gonna unfreeze. You freeze them, you kill them, you cook them. No pain. Skipping the middle step ... what happens then ?

- - - Updated - - -

They kill them by knife on cooking shows. And the judges don't go, oh no, you didn't boil it alive ? I think that killing it before does not impact the taste as much as some ppl think.
    Yeah like I said I'm not too sure. I think there's a method that can kill them to prevent the clenching thing. Either way I've always heard boiling them alive makes the meat taste better but maybe its not that huge a difference unless you're like some elite food critic.

Ok, but imagine yourself not feeling pain. Do you want to die instantly by a bullet to your head or do you want to die by being boiled in water ? You may not feel the pain, but you can still sense and see what's happening.
    I imagine that not feeling pain and being submerged into boiling water would be just that... You're floating and your heart gives out. I suppose you could argue you could 'see' your skin blistering, which might set to panic, but how would you know that the blistering is wrong? I think they did something like this, similarly, on an episode of House (yeah I know about as scientifically accurate as an old boot).
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Ok, but imagine yourself not feeling pain. Do you want to die instantly by a bullet to your head or do you want to die by being boiled in water ? You may not feel the pain, but you can still sense and see what's happening.
    To some degree I don't think they can even sense it. They don't really have a brain, which is also the reason they can't feel pain. And dieing painlessly sounds pretty good. I'd prefer it to being sliced, it's alot less brutal.
    Last edited by mmoc5fcc5b6438; 2016-03-16 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Omg, another country in the world eat different food then us! That should not happen!
    /sarcasm off

Same thing as indie people that doesnt eat cow and think they are holy, what do you think they think about us that eat such cow? Different country, different food, nothing to see, move along.
    Well, our cows aren't Indian cows, so it's alright.

http://i.imgur.com/coZ7ucU.gif

I sort of figure that if they have no problem ripping limbs off, why should we worry?
    Last edited by GrinningMan; 2016-03-16 at 08:33 PM.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Are you really trying to compare a chicken to an intelligent animal like a dog?
    Pigs are pretty smart too.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you eat meat and this angers you, you are a hypocrite. (animals also die in the production of vegetarian food so you guys aren't much better)

Although, there is a humane way to slaughter animals. Reasonable steps should be taken to reduce unnecessary suffering of the animal.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Omg, another country in the world eat different food then us! That should not happen!
    /sarcasm off

Same thing as indie people that doesnt eat cow and think they are holy, what do you think they think about us that eat such cow? Different country, different food, nothing to see, move along.
    Not really. We are talking here about animal suffering. Well, some ppl do. Simple example ... it's fine to kill any sustainable animal, if you raise it humanely and kill it without stress and pain. Torturing animal according to a mith saying that it improves its taste or reality that it improves the taste a bit is not that fine.

We are omnivores, killing animals is part of our nature, but we can do it in fairly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    To some degree I don't think they can even sense it. They don't really have a brain, which is also the reason they can't feel pain. And dieing painlessly sounds pretty good. I'd prefer it to being sliced, it's alot less brutal.
    Yeah, I just think they deserve a quick death. Even if it degrades their meat taste by 20%. For me the quick death makes the meat taste better.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

while you can argue about how the dogs and cats there get slaughtered, eating them is as normal as pork and beef is to us. if you really want to be disgusted you should look up how shark fin soup is made.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Boiled alive because it is believed that adrenaline flowing through the body at the time of death gives better taste. Let that sink in for a second.

And no we can't do anything about it because they're not endangering humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Whilst I find it utterly barbaric, I do not mind when it is lobster in the pot.

Does that make me a hypocrite? Or is there some way to justify it for crustaceans beyond they make crap pets?
    No not at all. I'm a Cancer and I'll eat the hell out of Crab everyday of the week once I can afford it, that's nigh self cannibalism there. Lobster in the pot is how they're cooked, no shame in that game.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post

Thank god we westerners are much more humane.
    Chicken don't bark or meow. It's all about what we relate. Actually dog/cat meat is very stringy so they need to trigger the inflammatory response (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflammation) in order to tenderise the meat. The inflammatory response cannot be triggered after death, that's the reason why they either boil or beat them alive.

For the record I have no problem looking at a lobster in a tank and say, cook me this one But kill it with a sharp knive in a flash. Don't cook it alive for me.

Not really. We are talking here about animal suffering. Well, some ppl do. Simple example ... it's fine to kill any sustainable animal, if you raise it humanely and kill it without stress and pain. Torturing animal according to a mith saying that it improves its taste or reality that it improves the taste a bit is not that fine.

We are omnivores, killing animals is part of our nature, but we can do it in fairly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I just think they deserve a quick death. Even if it degrades their meat taste by 20%. For me the quick death makes the meat taste better.
    It's not about the meat taste (idk maybe that shit with adrenaline makes it taste better, although i doubt it). It's about if it's edible or not as you cannot eat dog/cat or even horse meat for that matter unless it's chemically processed to be made tender. This horrific process is basicly a super-fast tenderizing.

This really does piss me off as a dog lover and i also hate the fact they are raping animals to extinction with there quack cures for impotence and love of useless ivory trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    It's not about the meat taste (idk maybe that shit with adrenaline makes it taste better, although i doubt it). It's about if it's edible or not as you cannot eat dog/cat or even horse meat for that matter unless it's chemically processed to be made tender. This horrific process is basicly a super-fast tenderizing.
    Yeah ok, I can live without meat that has to be tenderised by these processes. As far as I am concerned I can live on free range pork and chicken. Hm, hm, hm. Delicious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Richiebcfc25 View Post
    This really does piss me off as a dog lover and i also hate the fact they are raping animals to extinction with there quack cures for impotence and love of useless ivory trinkets.
    Yes, having sex with these animals is killing them. I would have to advise against any sex with a dog, chicken, cow, or lobster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaneesh View Post
    Boiled alive because it is believed that adrenaline flowing through the body at the time of death gives better taste. Let that sink in for a second.

And no we can't do anything about it because they're not endangering humans.
    First of all, as I mentioned earlier, there is a small subset of people that actually boils them alive(think of it like a block in Manhattan) and dont follow the common slaughter protocol. The slaughtering of these dogs are less disturbing than Kosher/Halal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You got any beef with eating pork. :P As Stated Pigs share similar qualities of companionship as dogs.
    They are actually smarter (and cleaner) Just raise them humanely and kill them quickly and then EAT THEM So delicious.