Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Legion - Big Crate of Salvage in 7.0

Hi there,

right now I am hoarding those Big Crates of Salvage so I can open them all when 7.0 is here to fill up my transmog thingy.
    Got way above 6k of those and a few of my chars are slowly running out of space.

So the question for this is simple.

Is it known already whether they will nerf the contents of those crates (=open them all now) or will they just drastically lower the rate we obtain them (=hoard them for 7.0)?

Do I have to open them now or is it ok to wait?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Blizzard has said yet (and drop rates aren't something that can be datamined). So you'll have to wait until we get an answer. But my guess is that they'll be nerfed quite a bit to encourage people to leave the garrison behind, the same way the gold missions will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    Hi there,

right now I am hoarding those Big Crates of Salvage so I can open them all when 7.0 is here to fill up my transmog thingy.
    Got way above 6k of those and a few of my chars are slowly running out of space.

So the question for this is simple.

Is it known already whether they will nerf the contents of those crates (=open them all now) or will they just drastically lower the rate we obtain them (=hoard them for 7.0)?

Do I have to open them now or is it ok to wait?
    That's a pretty neat idea.

A blue might answer that if you ask it on the official forums, I'd try there. Though they may not have decided yet.

Just wait till legion prepatch hits PTR, check it there and you will know what to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why even wait? Any item in your bank or bags gets added to the tmog thing anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Orcadin Storm-WAAAGH View Post
    Why even wait? Any item in your bank or bags gets added to the tmog thing anyways
    Because crates take up less space then and u can fill your bags with OTHER stuff to get added.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its a problem, Blizz will nerf the acquisition rate of the boxes from missions to a point that the salvage yd becomes pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I already have zero bag space. That would end me.

Pretty sure I remember them saying something that effectively diffused the crate idea, since that was a really obvious thing people immediately thought of doing.

I might just be thinking of things needing to be bound for it to give you the mog credit though, I forget.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so you still actively play WoD? Why?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so you still actively play WoD? Why?
    Because he/she enjoys it? What more of a reason is needed?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Here is my idea for crates:

Open them now, sell and the materials and follower upgrades.
    Vendor all the non transmogable gear, like rings, necks, trinkets.
    DE/Vendor bop blue gear.
    Sell WoD epics because they can still bring you some gold.
    And for the transmog items, sort them by type and pach in grops of 12, (cloth, leather, mail, plate to a respected classes, and all weapons except wands to a warrior, and wands to a warlock for exmaple).
    And then you can mail them to your charactes. So 12 items will fill up one mail slot, and you are safe for 2 months. After that you have to do it again. But with his (time consuming, but then again what else to do in wod? ) technique, you can sell double items, and save some more spaces and make some money now.

At least that's what I'll do soon.

Deleted

addons ftw

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Here is my idea for crates:

Open them now, sell and the materials and follower upgrades.
    Vendor all the non transmogable gear, like rings, necks, trinkets.
    DE/Vendor bop blue gear.
    Sell WoD epics because they can still bring you some gold.
    And for the transmog items, sort them by type and pach in grops of 12, (cloth, leather, mail, plate to a respected classes, and all weapons except wands to a warrior, and wands to a warlock for exmaple).
    And then you can mail them to your charactes. So 12 items will fill up one mail slot, and you are safe for 2 months. After that you have to do it again. But with his (time consuming, but then again what else to do in wod? ) technique, you can sell double items, and save some more spaces and make some money now.

At least that's what I'll do soon.
    TSM can help you automate that.
    I use it right now to do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by salfredo View Post
    TSM can help you automate that.
    I use it right now to do something similar.
    Automate what exactly? Can you explan Tnx

Each class only has a couple transmog items. It's not like you're going to fill up 100 slots in the bank or void storage. I would just open them all now.

I'm slowly opening my crates at the moment just to avoid any stealth nerfs that might happen. BoP stuff goes in the void storage as much as possible, which I really hadn't touched previously on alts. I store the BoE items on newly created characters on connected realms. Still got a few character slots left, but bank space fills up so quickly that I'll probably have to create guilds for them to get more storage. I was really hoping to start getting more duplicates that I could safely vendor.

I'm really crossing my fingers and hope the transmog tab has an option to bind and add multiple BoEs at the same time. Something like how you can add up to 9 items to your void storage at the same time. Would be very annoying to equip them all one at a time.

When your inventory is full and you open the crates, their contents will be sent to your mailbox. So you could start to open them 2 or 3 weeks before 7.0 hits, which should save your from stealth nerfs.

What I'm more afraid of is the time it will actually take to open all the crates. I've got about 4000 right now, and with a cast timer of 2 seconds (may be reduces by haste) it will take 33 minutes to open 1000 crates I guess making a macro and spamming it while watching a movie is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Each class only has a couple transmog items. It's not like you're going to fill up 100 slots in the bank or void storage. I would just open them all now.

Considering the fact that my 13 toons have almost all their Void Storage filled with tier gear and weapon

There is 0 room for the items that will come out of 15 000 boxes even if ever not all but half of the boxes drop 1 item each that makes 7500 items spread across 13 toons thats 576 items per toon ... way more than all their bag space IF IT was empty

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    Considering the fact that my 13 toons have almost all their Void Storage filled with tier gear and weapon

There is 0 room for the items that will come out of 15 000 boxes even if ever not all but half of the boxes drop 1 item each that makes 7500 items spread across 13 toons thats 576 items per toon ... way more than all their bag space IF IT was empty
    Of which most aren't going to be of any interest to you. Keep in mind that you get a lot of the uncommon and rare visuals from having done quests that reward them.

You'll be lucky if you find 576 items total that are of interest from those 15k boxes.