Deleted

Velhari - Aura of contempt

Hey guys, just a quick question! in Warcraft logs, is there any way to track how much of a healer's healing is actually absorbed by velhari's aura of contempt? because seems like all the healing counts as effective healing during P2, even if your hots are just ticking into the temporary ceiling.

I was fiddling with some queries but to no avail.

thanks!

IM not actually sure if you can tbh. I dont even know if healing over the ceiling count as overhealing or not. If your goal is to reduce your "overhealing" i suggest to you to download one of those addon that fix your healthbar so that the max HP in your UI is reduce by the aura.

http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/velhari-health-fix
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/velhariraidframeadjust

Deleted
    Its not for me... Im kinda aware of it... but my other healer is pulling 150k Hps while I pull 100k max ( and im using UFE) and Im just lookinf ro a way to gauge how much of his healing is just padding vs "effective healing" and to assess if he is just burning mana that we are going to need in P3 just for mmeeter padding for e-peen reasons.
    so Im just looking for an expression to filter the combatlog.
    sorry for that.

there isn't any filter for that

As for "is he padding and wasting mana" or not - if he's not going oom in phase 3...then its irrelevant, let him pad. If he IS going oom in phase 3 to the point he cant heal effectively, smack him upside the head and tell him to knock it off in phase 2.

Keiyra is spot-on, as long as he's not OOM, why do you care if he pads?

In this encounter health pools get low due to the aura, therefore it's safer to keep casting all the time in phases 2 & 3 (assuming mana allows). Even if this overheals a lot, often damage happens in the middle of the spell casts, therefore when we pre-cast, it'll get the players out of the danger zone quicker than if we wait to cast after the damage has happened.

Deleted
    We are reaching P3, and we are doing 4 healers (2 resto, 1 disc 1 pally). By the time we reach middle P3 we will be struggling (from my experience in the fight)
    He is not going OOM yet but the fight will last enough for him to go OOM (again, XP) and then I want to smack him in the head and I do know people will bitch about 2 similar restos doing 50-60K (almost 15M healing done) difference and tell me to step up, I just want to be able to show proof of padding.

He tends to go like this beginning of P2 >HotW+tranq (and Im against this but he says he saw videos and lots of restos were doing this so must be right [even if the raid is about 90% HP]) plus he goes and blanks everyone with rejuvs and WG even if they are "topped up" casting nonstop with ToL and so... ( leading to a beginning of P3 with him low on mana and no raid CD's while I have a tranq, a HotW and I'm sitting on ~20 ToL CD.

Plus I totally advise onto not using resto CD's (output CD's) if we can get pally/priest (mitigation CD) uses on P2 and beginning P3 mainly because a output CD during aura of contempt is mostly useless and goes all into OH while not preventing people from getting 1shotted.

I know there is no preset filter for that, but I'm looking for help on a custom expression in Expression editor to filter it out yet I tried to find the parameters and I lack the knowledge to do it correctly.
    Sorry if its a messed up explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kliker View Post
    We are reaching P3, and we are doing 4 healers (2 resto, 1 disc 1 pally). By the time we reach middle P3 we will be struggling (from my experience in the fight)
    He is not going OOM yet but the fight will last enough for him to go OOM (again, XP) and then I want to smack him in the head and I do know people will bitch about 2 similar restos doing 50-60K (almost 15M healing done) difference and tell me to step up, I just want to be able to show proof of padding.

He tends to go like this beginning of P2 >HotW+tranq (and Im against this but he says he saw videos and lots of restos were doing this so must be right [even if the raid is about 90% HP]) plus he goes and blanks everyone with rejuvs and WG even if they are "topped up" casting nonstop with ToL and so... ( leading to a beginning of P3 with him low on mana and no raid CD's while I have a tranq, a HotW and I'm sitting on ~20 ToL CD.

Plus I totally advise onto not using resto CD's (output CD's) if we can get pally/priest (mitigation CD) uses on P2 and beginning P3 mainly because a output CD during aura of contempt is mostly useless and goes all into OH while not preventing people from getting 1shotted.

I know there is no preset filter for that, but I'm looking for help on a custom expression in Expression editor to filter it out yet I tried to find the parameters and I lack the knowledge to do it correctly.
    Sorry if its a messed up explanation.
    Well first of all not casting constantly while in ToL is a huge mistake, so casting all the time in ToL is not wrong by any means... mostly there are 3 things that would matter and that is, the debuff is it getting healed up quickly, edicts, do you have good enough cds for each of them, as long as he tranqs one edict and you tranq another what's the problem? and last the mana.

I'd say just save your tranq hotw to a later one, or if people tell you to step it up just pop tranq + tree + ring + hotw and do a 10m tranq just for the meters, if they dont understand that its just padding.... then just leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Well first of all not casting constantly while in ToL is a huge mistake, so casting all the time in ToL is not wrong by any means... mostly there are 3 things that would matter and that is, the debuff is it getting healed up quickly, edicts, do you have good enough cds for each of them, as long as he tranqs one edict and you tranq another what's the problem? and last the mana.

I'd say just save your tranq hotw to a later one, or if people tell you to step it up just pop tranq + tree + ring + hotw and do a 10m tranq just for the meters, if they dont understand that its just padding.... then just leave.
    + int potion

also cool raid if that's the level of cooperation and trust

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    there isn't any filter for that.
    I'm sure you used to be able to check healing done to targets with x debuff? Not played with logs in a while, but I'm sure someone would be able to sort something like that out. It might well be from WoL instead of WCL.

Sure it wouldn't be too hard to make some sort of expression/queries thing to check for healing done to players who are above 80% hp and have the debuff, and just minus that from the total.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-03-16 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe plot some graphs like damage taken during this phase vs. healing taken during this phase (per target / per healer). Might look funny enough to prove a point

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I'm sure you used to be able to check healing done to targets with x debuff? Not played with logs in a while, but I'm sure someone would be able to sort something like that out. It might well be from WoL instead of WCL.

Sure it wouldn't be too hard to make some sort of expression/queries thing to check for healing done to players who are above 80% hp and have the debuff, and just minus that from the total.
    Quite sure I found some for it during progression, not able to find it again though, you can always check healing done to specific target while debuff is active though, takes a lot of time though.

+ int potion

also cool raid if that's the level of cooperation and trust
    oh yeah definitely right.

If it comes that to that I agree, it's a terrible raid if that's what you have to do to prove a point, which is also why I advice him to leave if his guildies can't trust him. Never worth to stay in a guild which doesn't fit you.