Cobrak says Demo sucks in PvP in Legion Alpha

Because of the cast times. Almost everything has a cast time. I knew this would happen. I told people before, that Demo would suck, because HoG isn't instant anymore and a lot of instant abilities removed. Also Demonic Leap is gone too. People told me that it's just Alpha. You think Blizz will fix it until the release? I doubt it.

Sure, Demo will be fun in PvE, but in PvP? We need instants and mobility. Otherwise, it's time to reroll. I'm against playing as FOTM classes, but I don't care anymore. I play as a Warlock, because of the evil theme. Evil people are also strong. Warlocks suck in Legion PvP. Destro is even worse I think. Aff isn't bad, but isn't good either.

Cobrak still plays the game? Also, can't help but think another qq thread about alpha is toxic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Cobrak still plays the game? Also, can't help but think another qq thread about alpha is toxic.
    How is this toxic or even a qq thread? He is voicing a legitimate concern about the state of a spec in the alpha. If we don't state these concerns at all, they won't change and you will probably be stuck with them for a few years.

OT: While I'm not completely against removing some of the instant cast spells, I feel like with some specs they went overboard and demo is one of them. I hope they will at least consider making demo a bit more mobile if they insist on having cast times on almost all of the abilities. I think making either Call Dreadstalkers or Empower Demons instant, or at least a very quick cast time would help a lot. If set up for damage takes this long you will be locked out over and over again and barely able to get any damage rolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    I think making either Call Dreadstalkers or Empower Demons instant, or at least a very quick cast time would help a lot.
    http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/212628-master-summoner

for pvp, need to take "shadowflame"+"master summoner", can help a lot but it is still not enough against melee
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2016-03-16 at 11:03 PM.

Casters in general are in a rough spot. Also half the idiots making judgements on specs in pvp don't have any honor levels, the first 10 of which significantly improve gameplay for every single class.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    Casters in general are in a rough spot. Also half the idiots making judgements on specs in pvp don't have any honor levels, the first 10 of which significantly improve gameplay for every single class.
    Should be getting them all when you zone in to a PvP area on Alpha, at least in Arena anyway.

OT: Legion is far from ready, nothing is tuned in any way, people are still one shotting each other and others are hitting like wet-noodles. Submit feedback (actual feedback, not "buff me or I'm re-rolling/quitting") on the alpha forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Should be getting them all when you zone in to a PvP area on Alpha, at least in Arena anyway.

OT: Legion is far from ready, nothing is tuned in any way, people are still one shotting each other and others are hitting like wet-noodles. Submit feedback (actual feedback, not "buff me or I'm re-rolling/quitting") on the alpha forums.
    You don't in BGs, and I haven't bothered with arenas cause I figured it'd just be DH/rogue in my face forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post

Problem is not damage. Lock (and other caster except mage) can't cast VS melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    Problem is not damage. Lock (and other caster except mage) can't cast VS melee.
    Damage is a part of that though if you die before you can get a cast off, depends on the situation. You will be able to cast eventually when people are able to peel for you, and if not even when getting peels and such, then it definitely needs to change. Not looked at locks specifically (I might go check it soon just to see how bad it is), but it shouldn't be much worse than what it was, considering lots of other classes got similar treatments?

Deleted
    Once again something I don't understand with those f*cking devs. Why do you have to instantly suffer for several fights/bgs/whatever gives honor to be slightly on even grounds with other players? PvP gear = dmg given and taken but now we have to deal with crippling play style until you reach a certain level? How is that a better system than our current one? Level 10 may not seem like a lot but if I'm not mistaken WW has to get to 28 to receive stun on FoF, wtf?? Can anyone rationalize the new system for me?

Ending this before it becomes too toxic.

CLOSED.

Also there's a whole thread for Demo in Alpha as a sticky.