Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The Status Quo is a road to ruin.
    cause.... reasons?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    cause.... reasons?
    As a country we are collectively bleeding out, as the British did during their stint as the Global Hegemon.

In essence the Status Quo is just pulling out the easiest possible blocks in a game of Jenga, its kicking the can down the road, knowing eventually everything will topple but you don't want to change it.

With China unwinding its economy, the world hurdling towards Demographic Winter, and demand set to plummet, the US as King of the World will become increasingly hard to pay for. Especially since we have left our domestic infrastructure to rot, we have debt burdened youth unlikely to form families or marry and thus not consume nearly as much,

I wager the US is in for a slow cancerous death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Clinton will do little other then maintain the status quo for four years, many think that is better then lighting everything on fire and smearing feces on the walls.
    That sounds like the Status quo already.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a country we are collectively bleeding out, as the British did during their stint as the Global Hegemon.

In essence the Status Quo is just pulling out the easiest possible blocks in a game of Jenga, its kicking the can down the road, knowing eventually everything will topple but you don't want to change it.

With China unwinding its economy, the world hurdling towards Demographic Winter, and demand set to plummet, the US as King of the World will become increasingly hard to pay for. Especially since we have left our domestic infrastructure to rot, we have debt burdened youth unlikely to form families or marry and thus not consume nearly as much,

I wager the US is in for a slow cancerous death.
    Or maybe, US politics has always been this fucked up.

You think GWB was bad? Bill Clinton isn't exactly clean either. Let's not get into the fucked up shit Reagan did.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I stopped reading at the "Bernie is the most electable candidate" part.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

You think GWB was bad? Bill Clinton isn't exactly clean either. Let's not get into the fucked up shit Reagan did.
    Always means nothing, The US has been on the slow march to oblivion after WW2. I would say the rot started to set in with the Cold War and the birth of our massive Security State machinery and what Dwight Eisenhower called the Military Industrial Complex.

It is just now a very plutocratic system; much more so than it was in the 50's. The issue is the US Had room to grow in its earlier stages, now we reach the limited borders of growth and its hard to fathom how we survive such a shift. It will be a vast rupture of our society for sure, since it will demarcate the end of a cultural era that has managed to stay afloat since the Civil War era. But IMHO We, like Europe, and indeed much of the planet have to accept that demand is shrinking and we can't keep squeezing our population to make dimes and bucks forever. We are running out of people and acting like we have nations full of children and future demand, when we simply don't.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Have fun with Clinton. I am sure she will represent your libertarian views very nicely.
    She won't but the match will be closer than to Trumpolini fascism-o-lite. The authoritarianism Trump represents is the complete diametric opposite to libertarianism. You litterally cannot get more opposite to libertarianism than authoritarianism.

- - - Updated - - -

Always means nothing, The US has been on the slow march to oblivion after WW2. I would say the rot started to set in with the Cold War and the birth of our massive Security State machinery and what Dwight Eisenhower called the Military Industrial Complex.

It is just now a very plutocratic system; much more so than it was in the 50's. The issue is the US Had room to grow in its earlier stages, now we reach the limited borders of growth and its hard to fathom how we survive such a shift. It will be a vast rupture of our society for sure, since it will demarcate the end of a cultural era that has managed to stay afloat since the Civil War era. But IMHO We, like Europe, and indeed much of the planet have to accept that demand is shrinking and we can't keep squeezing our population to make dimes and bucks forever. We are running out of people and acting like we have nations full of children and future demand, when we simply don't.
    What utter rot. There is plenty of demand. The largest demographic, millennials, have not run out of the desire for more to improve the quality of their lives. They want better roads and infrastructure. Homes to live in like their parents own. More and better schools and pre-schools for their own children. Holidays too. Etc. Etc.

There is zero shortage of demand. The issue is not innate demand but the disconnect between who has money and where the demand is. Nations have spent decades pandering to the very rich and to retirees. I.e redirecting income and wealth to those that consume the least share of their incomes. That is the issue. So undertake the grand redistribution from old to young and rich to poor as Bernie envisages and the problem is sorted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post

What utter rot. There is plenty of demand. The largest demographic, millennials, have not run out of the desire for more to improve the quality of their lives. They want better roads and infrastructure. Homes to live in like their parents own. More and better schools and pre-schools for their own children. Holidays too. Etc. Etc.

There is zero shortage of demand. The issue is not innate demand but the disconnect between who has money and where the demand is. Nations have spent decades pandering to the very rich and to retirees. I.e redirecting income and wealth to those that consume the least share of their incomes. That is the issue. So undertake the grand redistribution from old to young and rich to poor as Bernie envisages and the problem is sorted.
    Ah the dream of "pent up demand," and savings gluts I see. The Millennials, are poorer then our parents, 50k in debt statistically on the individual level and will have to raise taxes to prop up both the retirees, AND the traditional measures of "Home Ownership," is largely not on the table for Millennials whom can expect very little job security and will have to be a generation moving from place to place for jobs, so renters, not home buyers. More over homes are overpriced and most Nations are committed to a policy of maintaining property values and prices at a high price in order to both appease the elderly whom have spent like that was money in their pocket, AND to maintain the fiction of continued GDP growth. Once more family formation and children having are the biggest sources of consumer drive, and my generation is alas a fairly barren one, statistically by the time I finish education I can expect little job security or any ability to set down roots and thus pop out a baby or two, and remember women have a short time frame to make these little things.

Also, as Clinton is the anointed nominee by hook or by crook, nothing resembling Bernies policies will be enacted, As Hillary has promised to avoid his ideas like the plague. So no, the US is long term headed for ruin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

It will be glorious, I'm sure.
    You're welcome bud

Does OP regularly post foolish garbage like this? "I do some research." That's nice bud. You research anything you can to support your confirmation bias just like my racist grandmother.

Edit: My fondest memory of Ron Paul is his appearance in the movie Bruno.
    Last edited by meian; 2016-03-16 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meian View Post
    Does OP regularly post foolish garbage like this? "I do some research." That's nice bud. You research anything you can to support your confirmation bias just like my racist grandmother.

Edit: My fondest memory of Ron Paul is his appearance in the movie Bruno.
    In a word: yes

Trump is going to win in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

fucked up shit like have GDP growth on average 4% and higher, increased median income, no wars, decreased inflation the greatest and longest peace time economic growth that type of fucked up shit? I will take that fucked up shit Over Obamas GDP growth not ever going over 2% and a decrease of median family income

the best part about it, even if trump doesn't win... it's gonna be fun to watch him drag hillary through the mud and berate her like she deserves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Trump predictsthreatens riots if denied Republican presidential nomination

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0WI1IF

All the more reason not to vote for this evil bastard in November. Congrats Dems, you just got another Libertarian switching over to your cause.
    Maybe he can offer to buy his thugssupporters free beer in return for attempting to violently overthrow the government (not that he'd actually deliver - Trump is a liar, after all) - that way he'll get plenty of nice quiet jail time to work on his next book.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    fucked up shit like have GDP growth on average 4% and higher, increased median income, no wars, decreased inflation the greatest and longest peace time economic growth that type of fucked up shit? I will take that fucked up shit Over Obamas GDP growth not ever going over 2% and a decrease of median family income
    Not to mention what did Obama spend 10 trillion dollars on?, where the hell did all the money go?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I have a pretty big shed out back that I use to house the deep freeze and my tools. It even has power. I'll be willing to rent it out but I warn any interested in advance that my internet is absolute garbage.

Price is negotiable. Pets are allowed.
    I'll get space heaters!

10+ Year Old Account

We didn't even put on our big boy pants until WW2. I wasn't until the 80s that we really gained the ability bring a country's economy to its knees with the stroke of a pen. We love to sell doom and gloom in the US but in all actuality the US is in a very comfortable position and is poised to remain there for some time. Hell, a decent portion of the world cannot afford for the US to falter, China being one. And China at its current rate is unsustainable to say the least. If China and the US economies collapsed tomorrow the US would be humbled but China would be in ruins.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    We didn't even put on our big boy pants until WW2. I wasn't until the 80s that we really gained the ability bring a country's economy to its knees with the stroke of a pen. We love to sell doom and gloom in the US but in all actuality the US is in a very comfortable position and is poised to remain there for some time. Hell, a decent portion of the world cannot afford for the US to falter, China being one. And China at its current rate is unsustainable to say the least. If China and the US economies collapsed tomorrow the US would be humbled but China would be in ruins.
    The inertia of our hegemonic power will sustain us for a time, but the Cancer is largely terminal, it will claim this country in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Trump predicts riots if denied Republican presidential nomination

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0WI1IF

All the more reason not to vote for this evil bastard in November. Congrats Dems, you just got another Libertarian switching over to your cause.
    Trump isn't "predicting" riots, he's promising them, if he doesn't get what he wants.

MUSSOLINI’S FASCISTS SPARK RIOTS

Milan, Italy · October 27, 1922

On this date in 1922 in Italy, riots instigated by Benito Mussolini‘s National Fascist Party (Partito Nazionale Fascista) erupted in several Italian towns. The Fascists called on the government to resign. The next day four columns of Mussolini’s paramilitary Blackshirts (Camicie nere, or squadristi) began a march from the Northern Italian city of Milan to Rome, Italy’s capital. Consisting of nationalist intellectuals, former army officers, and disgruntled former soldiers, the Blackshirts may have numbered 200,000 by the time of Mussolini’s March on Rome. (In Germany, Adolf Hitler adopted this model for his “Storm Troops” (Sturmableilung), who were issued brown shirts and were colloquially known as “Brownshirts.”) Italy’s King Victor Emmanuel III refused the government’s request to declare martial law; instead, he invited Mussolini to form a new government and sent a special train to bring the marchers to the capital.
    And there are still people who wonder why Trump gets called a fascist. (The instruments may be different, but they're playing the same tune - Clio doesn't repeat herself, but she sure does rhyme.)
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2016-03-17 at 04:13 AM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)