Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Still not done with Birthright now, I'll get Revelations after.

Really finding it harder to play it right now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Birthright took me about 45 hours to beat, so I think that's enough Fire Emblem for now. I'll probably casually play through Conquest and then eventually get Revelations. With Dark Souls 3 and Ratchet and Clank coming along though I probably won't beat Revelations until the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Birthright took me about 45 hours to beat, so I think that's enough Fire Emblem for now. I'll probably casually play through Conquest and then eventually get Revelations. With Dark Souls 3 and Ratchet and Clank coming along though I probably won't beat Revelations until the Summer.
    O.o do you mean like 100% completion with all paralogues? This is my first FE game and I'm pretty close to finishing the story in ~17 hours on Conquest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    O.o do you mean like 100% completion with all paralogues? This is my first FE game and I'm pretty close to finishing the story in ~17 hours on Conquest
    I did all the Paralogues, married every couple and got the parents max supports with their children. Married all the kids, and got max supports for all the characters that can only support with Corrin. I also tried to keep all my units relatively equal, so I did a bit of farming to bring the lower level units up to speed. Awakening took me a similar amount of time.

I did all the Paralogues, married every couple and got the parents max supports with their children. Married all the kids, and got max supports for all the characters that can only support with Corrin. I also tried to keep all my units relatively equal, so I did a bit of farming to bring the lower level units up to speed. Awakening took me a similar amount of time.
    You'll hate Revelations then. I think there is a character limit so you can't do all the pairings and get all the children. They 'join' but are no where to be found in your roster after a certain amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You'll hate Revelations then. I think there is a character limit so you can't do all the pairings and get all the children. They 'join' but are no where to be found in your roster after a certain amount.
    That is a ridiculously stupid oversight. Just like how there aren't enough female characters for the male characters, so if you play as a male Corrin and don't marry either a child or a Corrin-Only support you won't be able to get all the children.

Honestly though, if that's the case then I'll just skip out on the children that are available in all routes, since I'll have 2 playthroughs with them already.

That is a ridiculously stupid oversight. Just like how there aren't enough female characters for the male characters, so if you play as a male Corrin and don't marry either a child or a Corrin-Only support you won't be able to get all the children.

Honestly though, if that's the case then I'll just skip out on the children that are available in all routes, since I'll have 2 playthroughs with them already.
    Yeah I was pissed off when I was trying to basically get all the kids in Revelations and just started flat running out. Even worse you also don't get the seals those kids would have for promotion + levels. I also have the same annoyance that if you pair Corrin with a character someone else can marry you basically lose out a kid.

I will say that there are some really great pairings in Revelations with one of them (Subaki + Selena) unlocking some special conversations for Caeldori. So anyways I used my Corrin to marry one of the kids before I got caught up in my max characters limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That sounds odd. Did you have any hired units with you? If you just can't get everyone that's going to haunt me to no end.
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

Quote Originally Posted by Dasir View Post
    That sounds odd. Did you have any hired units with you? If you just can't get everyone that's going to haunt me to no end.
    I think I had one or two hired units and I still had I think 8 pairings left to go.
    I mean I am trying to find information on this because I had 2 paralogues where I recruited the children and they are just not on my roster and even don't show up on the support lists for their parents.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2016-03-17 at 05:31 AM.

Did they die during the map by any chance? I know the first time I tried to get Shiro he died but after the map the game still went through all the post map dialogue of him joining and afterwards I was in the same position you are. It might also be possible that you didn't talk to them when you should have. Other than those two possibilities I've got no idea.
    IGN - Dasir

Did they die during the map by any chance? I know the first time I tried to get Shiro he died but after the map the game still went through all the post map dialogue of him joining and afterwards I was in the same position you are. It might also be possible that you didn't talk to them when you should have. Other than those two possibilities I've got no idea.
    Hmm that is possible, I'll load my save and go beat a paralogue and see if a kid joins. If someone else has done Revelation and recruited all the kids let me know so I can do it over.

So, I just finished Conquest. Compared to birthright is was kind of a mixed experience for me. story wise chapters 6-22ish I liked better in Conquest, however I liked the buildup to the final battle more in Birthright where you really get to interact with your opposing siblings. for the battles the map design was definitely more interesting and strategic, however the use of map specific mechanics that had to be explained by a text box at the start of the map and are never seen again was more than a little annoying at times. The map with the medicine pots in particular was a real chore for me. I also found the final boss to be a bit anticlimactic. Overall a fun experience and definitely more interesting gameplay, but I wouldn't call it a clear winner over Birthright.
    IGN - Dasir

Finished Birthright campaign, backed up the save file twice and started Conquest. One question: how do I reclass back to Nohr Noble/Nohr Prince after I heart seal to Mage? This time, I'm planning on running a spellsword character.

Also, is there a mission where mobs spawn infinitely? Mozu and Azura are level 1, and the mobs are out of their league at this point, and using them as back up pairs would take an agonizingly long time for a campaign with limited resources. Should I just use the DLC levels to level them up then?

On the topic of Birthright's story, the song of deus ex machina/cheating your way out of any situation was never explained, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Finished Birthright campaign, backed up the save file twice and started Conquest. One question: how do I reclass back to Nohr Noble/Nohr Prince after I heart seal to Mage? This time, I'm planning on running a spellsword character.
    Use another Heart Seal. It depends on whether you class change or not while being a Mage on what it offers.

The songs background is more explained in revelations but for some reason is not cannon like it is in birthright/conquest
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Also, is there a mission where mobs spawn infinitely? Mozu and Azura are level 1, and the mobs are out of their league at this point, and using them as back up pairs would take an agonizingly long time for a campaign with limited resources. Should I just use the DLC levels to level them up then?
    Azura managed to stay relevant in my playthrough mostly due to me having her sing a lot, even if I didn't need it. For Mozu I had her attacking enemies with heavy hitting allies in attack stance with her, usually if the enemy has been weakened a bit you can have Mozu finish it off this way. There's one map I remember with enemies that respawn infinitely, however all of the spawns have a skill equipped that makes them not award any XP as well as the Savage Blow skill, which makes them even more of a pain to deal with than they already are.

Another possibility, assuming you're not against taking advantage of the My Castle features, is I can let you learn some skills for Mozu that might help her a bit like Quickdraw, Deathblow, Aegis, Pavise, and other things like that.
    Last edited by Dasir; 2016-03-22 at 01:52 AM.
    IGN - Dasir

Another possibility, assuming you're not against taking advantage of the My Castle features, is I can let you learn some skills for Mozu that might help her a bit like Quickdraw, Deathblow, Aegis, Pavise, and other things like that.
    How do you do that?

How do you do that?
    I can give you a code that you can use to visit my castle. Talk to my character, battle in my castle with no handicaps, sieze the throne (or kill my Mozu) and you'll get to purchase one of the skills on my Mozu for a couple thousand gold. Afterwards you can use the logbook to learn the rest of the skills at a higher cost.
    IGN - Dasir

I can give you a code that you can use to visit my castle. Talk to my character, battle in my castle with no handicaps, sieze the throne (or kill my Mozu) and you'll get to purchase one of the skills on my Mozu for a couple thousand gold. Afterwards you can use the logbook to learn the rest of the skills at a higher cost.
    If I'm playing on normal (as in, perma death) and one of my guys dies in your castle, do they get killed off for real? Or just KOed in PvP?

They don't die permanently, and you should be able to avoid losing any units at all since none of my characters should be able to move (puppets and golems can still act as normal though).

Also, if you do visit, Take my card and leave an accessory. That way we can start working towards getting a bond unit.

Been trying the DLC Xenologues hoping to get some more class items, turns out they're actually pretty tricky this time around.
    Last edited by Dasir; 2016-03-24 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Update
    IGN - Dasir