Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Well in Texas they skin gators alive for purses that cost 50k. Foie Gras is disgusting.
    wheres your thread about how barbaric Texans are?

Foie Gras is disgusting.
    And here I was, thinking you'd already hit rock bottom on wrongness. Oh well. I give up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heef View Post
    And here I was, thinking you'd already hit rock bottom on wrongness. Oh well. I give up.
    You don't think force feeding an animal mush through a tube until it's spurting out of it's nostrils and it's internal organs are giving out, just to fatten up it's liver is disgusting?

There's a reason making Foie Gras is banned in a good chunk of the West, it's vile.

I don't mind people eating animals, but I'd rather they killed it and put it out of it's misery rather than torturing it to make it tastier.

No, I'm just saying it tastes awesome. He didn't say "making foie gras is loathsome" or anything like that. Then again, command of English isn't his strong suit either, so maybe that's what he meant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Fucking feral subhumans.

Anyone engaged in this behavior is a vile piece of degenerate filth.

Go ahead call me racist.

I stand by my statement 100%.
    you are racist. very racist. and i hate racists. also you need to get some new buzzwords seeing you type feral subhumans over and over is starting to get boring. also don't knock it till you tried it.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-03-17 at 03:13 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    wheres your thread about how barbaric Texans are?
    Did I make this thread? Will you ever voice an opinion of your own or just ride the buddy wagon with humbugged while providing shit posts yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, reproduction, food consumption, tamability, these are factors that decide what is food, and have decided our choice in livestock over the length of human history.

Dogs have been raised as hunting animals, companions, guards etc, to eat them is an act of desperation, which is exactly what these people are resorting to, and is honestly something you cant criticise.

But to eat them after they've been skinned and boiled alive, without any respect to the purpose of their existence, is morally reprehensible.
    Depends on which part of the world buddy, and just basing it off population density.... I think you might be in the minority here. They exist for what ever the fuck the culture has them exist for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    No, reproduction, food consumption, tamability, these are factors that decide what is food, and have decided our choice in livestock over the length of human history.

Dogs have been raised as hunting animals, companions, guards etc, to eat them is an act of desperation, which is exactly what these people are resorting to, and is honestly something you cant criticise.

But to eat them after they've been skinned and boiled alive, without any respect to the purpose of their existance, is morally reprehensible.

So fix your country then, I know where I buy my meat from, I know the laws and standards put in place to ensure I'm not buying some pig thats been stacked in a box its whole life.

That to me is fine, because im not delusional in the sense that eating meat and caring about animal welfare are mutually exclusive.
    Said way better than I ever could. Great post Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I make this thread? Will you ever voice an opinion of your own or just ride the buddy wagon with humbugged while providing shit posts yourself?
    Im just trying to understand why double standards are ok here. Also I made plenty of my own opinions, or are you just giving up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Depends on which part of the world buddy, and just basing it off population density.... I think you might be in the minority here. They exist for what ever the fuck the culture has them exist for.
    So you shit on me and completely overlook the part where I say Animals are treated differently throughout the world, yet now you make the very same argument yourself? You are so full of shit.

And you are a hyppocrite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Whilst I find it utterly barbaric, I do not mind when it is lobster in the pot.

Does that make me a hypocrite? Or is there some way to justify it for crustaceans beyond they make crap pets?
    yes it technically does. as any animal can be considered a pet. therefore if you take the stance that is wrong to only eat a certain animal or animals while being okay with others that makes you a hypocrite.
    also:
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you shit on me and completely overlook the part where I say Animals are treated differently throughout the world, yet now you make the very same argument yourself? You are so full of shit.
    And yet you are very very very mad at Asians for treating one animal one way, but seem to be very quick to dismiss any claim that animals are treated like shit everywhere, with the catch all claim of you just love animals.

Come on now, you can do better.

- - - Updated - - -

And you are a hyppocrite
    I dont see how I can be a hypocrite here. Enlighten me. Im not angry at people for eating certain animals.

no not the dogs

Thats fuckin rotten, like at least club them first or something

Again, since you've obviously got more of a brain than pants-on-head Bantokar: Why is it WRONG to torture dogs for meat production but its RIGHT to torture all other animals for meat production? Because they're dogs? Because we as humans have placed them on some hypothetical higher pedestal in the animal kingdom? Even ignoring the necessity of meat production for the sake of it, where do we get off with bullfighting? rodeos? Cockfighting? For this poster to call Asians degenerate filth worthy of a nuke because they boil dogs is absolute insanity.

But to eat them after they've been skinned and boiled alive, without any respect to the purpose of their existance, is morally reprehensible.
    They are not companion dogs, hunting dogs, guard dogs etc. etc. they are meat dogs. Raised for the purpose of being butchered. If you claim the purpose of a chicken's existence is to be eaten, then such is the destiny of a meat dog.

So fix your country then
    If only. I'm American.

I know where I buy my meat from, I know the laws and standards put in place to ensure I'm not buying some pig thats been stacked in a box its whole life.
    I respect that.

That to me is fine, because im not delusional in the sense that eating meat and caring about animal welfare are mutually exclusive.
    Never said it was. Only arguing that caring for one animal raised for meat vs. another animal raised for meat is based on emotion, not science. Prove a dog feels more pain than a cow or pig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    ITT we have a bunch of westerners who support widespread animal abuse for food condemning another culture for its animal abuse for food.
    so you didn't read the thread i take it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I wonder if Indian MMO-C has exasperated threads about Americans murdering cows.
    why would india have it's own mmo-c website?

- - - Updated - - -

My god are you full of shit.

So Halal was a concept you were clueless about as it seems many other subjects in regards to animal welfare.

Pigs = worldwide known as a source of food

Dogs = Worldwide known as family pets and good friends.

The 2 are nothing alike except to vegan morons.
    yes they are both animals and are both potential sources of food.

So fix your country then, I know where I buy my meat from, I know the laws and standards put in place to ensure I'm not buying some pig thats been stacked in a box its whole life.

This is wrong. While there are people who eat dogs out of desperation, most eat them because they feel it's a delicacy.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

This is going to be a toughie for you breadisfunny. You disagree with me immensely on animal welfare initiative but hate racists. Your best bet is to not take a side, maybe call us all idiots then tab out

I think if someone tried to kill a dog in front of me I'd murder them with my bare hands.

And yet I can't really justify why that's different to a cow or chicken. I wouldn't enjoy watching either of those being slaughtered (which I have actually seen, we had chickens when I was growing up) but I can't say it'd fill me with the same horror and loathing.

There's not really any good reason why we esteem some animals higher than others. Aside from sheer self-interest. For that matter there's no good reason why eating human meat is taboo. We're human so we don't like the idea of humans being eaten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most rational response is to be against animal cruelty against the board, and not take this thread as an opportunity to just call other people barbarians for eating something... while you take a nice big bite of veal.