Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The class is frightfully boring. The most recent iterations have made some improvements but I personally don't feel it's enough to justify the switch unless the class is given raw power.

The idea, and this is an old argument, that we needed another melee spec in a game where sometimes three to four or less melee are brought is rather foolish. If you're a long-term ranged DPS in a raiding guild why would you switch to a role that most likely would see drastically less raid time? We have yet to add a ranged DPS spec to this game since its inception. The closest we've come is a Mistweaver and even they are A) not DPS b) melee-ish. Demon Hunters could have had a ranged spec. Lore would allow for it and even if it didn't, it could have. It's a game. Give us an interesting story and include it. The class literally only has two specs. It's beyond dull.

As so many specs change, people are seeing variety inside their own classes that I could imagine diminish the 'newness factor' of Demon Hunters. While I'm personally terribly disappointed in the MOBA style approach of stripping abilities away in the game so one ability bar can handle the entirety of a class, I can see how class revamps give something new to look forward to a current class.

Even if the game comes out in 3-4 months, it shouldn't. The game is not there yet on Alpha. There are still poorly implemented changes and the game still has its string of bugs. Combine that with the only really specific group that has alpha access is 13/13M players who maybe are a tad burned out by farm and content drought. It's entirely possible to have a bunch of people who aren't really invested in Alpha so their motivations for contribution to the discussion of a class that is boring, reduces their raid time, and doesn't even compete with their current class might prove to be a tad bit low.
    Last edited by Pariah; 2016-04-04 at 07:24 PM.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
    snip.
    Sums up my attitude perfectly. Once again, we've gotten another Melee/Tank with no Ranged DPS spec.

Admittedly, while I had written the DH off, I'm struggling to find a current class that I want to main in Legion. My Paladin needs to be retired, and I may end up rolling the DH simply because it's new... and then quitting at cap.

Personally I'm not interested in another tank. I don't tank because I dislike most of the people play this game, not because the available tanks don't interest me. And another leather wearing melee DPS? We just got one. Nothing about the Demon Hunter is even remotely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Personally I'm not interested in another tank. I don't tank because I dislike most of the people play this game, not because the available tanks don't interest me. And another leather wearing melee DPS? We just got one. Nothing about the Demon Hunter is even remotely interesting.
    Then why are you on the Demon Hunter forum?

Deleted
    there is also a huge problem with alliance demon hunters. you can only play a night elf female even tho she looks as if she was sucking testosterone from bull's sack she still looks better than that mutant of a night elf with eyes almost poking each other, waist like mutant and monstrous face. Demon Hunters iconic to NElves cannot be fully realised as them, now this is pathetic. Alliance players screwed.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting posts in this topic. I do remember seeing something about how Preach was part of a world first or something but I think I pulled the Bellular thing out of my ass. I really don't hate Preach a whole lot but his videos make me cringe when he gets stuff blatantly wrong, either about mechanics and lore. The latter isn't really his fault though since he says he could care less about lore. Bellular though? Dunno why I just never liked the dude one bit. Personal bias, I guess.

On topic though, in terms of hardiness right now on the alpha how does the DH tank spec compare to bear druid and blood DK?

Because they're Monk 2.0 - who really cares? If they had added an interesting, well thought out class they were enthusiastic about, rather than hashing together a half assed marketing point, people would be more interested.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

from what i watch and read from the class, its really not what i was hoping for from a demon hunter. so ill stay with my main

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Because they're Monk 2.0 - who really cares? If they had added an interesting, well thought out class they were enthusiastic about, rather than hashing together a half assed marketing point, people would be more interested.
    Agreed. Everyone in my raiding guild expect Havoc Demon Hunter to be Windwalker v2, which is an unnecessary melee class that offers nothing really important. Rogues do everything a melee class needs to do, and have 3 DPS specs to go to in case one is bad from a numbers point of view - A luxury Monks and DHs don't have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    Agreed. Everyone in my raiding guild expect Havoc Demon Hunter to be Windwalker v2, which is an unnecessary melee class that offers nothing really important. Rogues do everything a melee class needs to do, and have 3 DPS specs to go to in case one is bad from a numbers point of view - A luxury Monks and DHs don't have.
    While this maybe the opinion of some ppl in your guild, i don't think it is the overall generic reason for lack of interest in the class. The reason is not that people aren't interested, interest is there, its just that the majority of players are more interested in the massive amount of changes going on with their main classes that they already have so much time and effort invested into. Between new talents, pvp talents, ability pruning, spec revamping, artifact trees there is a lot to take in, coupled with the fact that only a small percentage of the player base are actually in Alpha, its far to early to slam down the judgement hammer and just say DH are going fail.

When you think about it, it is actually a good thing that so many people are not swarming to the DH class, since that is good indication on the changes they are making to other classes are worth while and engaging.

DH is a let down for me:

1. it's a melee class, yet another
    2. can't heal
    3. nothing new really, was hoping to finally get that 4th spec, some sort of support
    4. just two specs, but tbh even if 3rd was melee - still boring
    5. playstyle seems like warrior, all this resource gen-spending

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    You did say correct you if you are wrong, so I will. BUT you are only partially wrong....though he isn't now, Preach actually used to be a very hardcore raider years back, has some realm first/seconds and I believe was involved with the world first 25 man Yogg Sarron kill back in the day... Bellular, no clue
    Pretty sure that WF Yoggi +0 was done by Stars, an Asian guild (Korean IIRC?).
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It just adds salt to the wound because they were talking up the Demon Hunter at Blizzcon like it was the greatest design of all time. Almost every developer said it was their favorite feature of Legion.

Now I don't know why.

I also plan on maining it but im basically waiting until its out of PTR to play it as i don't have alpha so can't exactly get a feel for it. I do read the forums a fair amount but can't exactly most anything useful . But i think most people are ignoring it because of all the major changes to either their current class or the one they are planning to re-roll and don't care about DH

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Technically I think exodus exploit killed it before, but there's no real pride in being part of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Stars is from Taiwan I think. You may be right, I just remember that Preach actually has some hardcore, top level raiding experience.

Don't mean to keep derailing the thread though.

On topic, I'm really looking forward to the new demon hunter class. Over the years I've developed great pain in my wrists and fingers from athritis and having a class to play that is very simplistic, button-wise anyway, will be a blessing for me if I am to continue playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovich View Post
    The class has been a let down for most people that were initially hyped for it. The specs were very bare bones and gave a bad first impression. Also, people have established mains for many years so it's harder to drop it for a class that isn't very cool yet
    Can you PLEASE talk for yourself and not others?

Also stop being clueless. Like for example go watch finalboss review for an explanation of 4 different specs for the Havoc DH atm.

I'm hyped but its alpha so its to soon for me to decide between rogue or havoc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    It just adds salt to the wound because they were talking up the Demon Hunter at Blizzcon like it was the greatest design of all time. Almost every developer said it was their favorite feature of Legion.

Now I don't know why.
    Your name. Your avatar. Your posts.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of disingenuous to compare a class that's only available on Alpha to classes that have communities which span the Alpha and Live. It should be smaller; very few people on Earth, relative to the number of players in this game, have played this class at all. Vengeance doesn't even have a full set of talents yet.

That said, I am almost definitely going to be a DH tank in Legion, so I'm sure there are plenty of us out there who will switch once we can.
    disco inferno

Deleted
    I guess i'm in the minority here, but i've been pretty damn certain i''ll be rerolling DH since they were announced.
    It's the one class i've always wanted to be since seeing Demon Hunter npcs in TBC, and ever since i've prayed we'd get another legion themed expansion that would bring the class.

That said, i did get a little worried and considered sticking to mage after the initial testing on alpha when a lot of the abilities were still missing, but as time's moved on i've become more certain of my choice. The only thing now is to hope the guild i'm applying to will allow me to be a Demon Hunter.

It's as if past tense is an unknown concept to you. It is a fact that the spec was very bare bones when it first came out. Jesus christ.