Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    Really puts into perspective how much shit they've been through since the outbreak. That's pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things and this outbreak def isn't going to end for decades.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I doubt they'll bring the Vatos gang back now. I would've loved to see the scrapped scene though, I love when they return to a place only to find it in ruins and having kind of background hints at what went down.
    The next TWD spin-off is a noir detective show, where they have been following Rick since he left the hospital. They come to all of the places they were staying and have to piece together with clues and interviews with survivors they find. The whole time they document this in a book, essentially creating the history of the apocalypse through Rick Grimes. The finale ends with Rick smoking a pipe in his newly constructed Hobbit hole reading said book.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Lol so Carl's like 12?

I think he is supposed to be like 14. That's pretty much the problem with child characters in series like this. Happened on Lost as well where they had to ship Walt off of the island because the actor got too old to play a little kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Better show idea than FTWD.
    I wonder if they would pick up my pilot....time for a change of career I think. The companion apps AMC could make with that..whoo. We could integrate an entire mobile game into that show, which they seem to love to do now anyways! But on serious note, I wonder what goes down so quickly that gets them off that boat. From the FTWD trailer they are going to experience some heavy stuff pretty quickly. Unless maybe it's an entire season on the boat and then the finale something crazy happens. This could be like TWD on Hershel's Farm.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Lol so Carl's like 12?
    He was 12 in season 1, I think. There is also this:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Th..._Show_Timeline

So I would guess he is somewhere around 14-15 right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I doubt they'll bring the Vatos gang back now. I would've loved to see the scrapped scene though, I love when they return to a place only to find it in ruins and having kind of background hints at what went down.
    The scenes were filmed and you can watch it on Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtTvIMhrZS4

It's quite extended, so it's curious that it wasn't used - although I guess it doesn't really go anywhere. Strange to see Carl all cowering. And I kinda miss Shane and Dale...

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    It's quite extended, so it's curious that it wasn't used - although I guess it doesn't really go anywhere. Strange to see Carl all cowering. And I kinda miss Shane and Dale...
    Same. I liked Shane until the Otis thing. The way he did it was very much a dick move. He was known for being an expert marksman and totally could've gone for a headshot, but he decided to go for a shot in the leg and let Otis get eaten alive instead. Also I still find it kind of funny that Shane twisted his ankle just a little earlier and told Otis to leave him, but Otis refused to do so and half dragged Shane out of there. Then Shane turned around and shot Otis.

And yeah I miss Dale too. Without Dale and Hershel, it's been a while since the show has had a proper "wise old man" character. I guess Reg might've been close, but then he only lasted a few episodes.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-03-17 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Same. I liked Shane until the Otis thing. The way he did it was very much a dick move.
    Yeah, it was unforgivable imo. I don't think I ever really liked Shane. My son was always a fan but after the character died, I realised my son was right and I missed Shane when he was gone - he brought something to the group, a kind of internal tension, that it often lacks. Kinda of like the grain of sand in the oyster that creates the pearl. Merle and Carol sometimes brought something similar, but only for brief period. His relation with Rick - brotherly, rivalry, morally opposed etc - was perhaps the most interesting relationship within the group. And even on his own, he was possibly the most interesting character in the group (at least until Carol's arc started to pay off). Plus, I did like the actor's potrayal, although it was rather mannered (all the head stroking, lol). I think the show runners realised his value, which is why they kept him alive on TV much longer than in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Same. I liked Shane until the Otis thing. The way he did it was very much a dick move. He was known for being an expert marksman and totally could've gone for a headshot, but he decided to go for a shot in the leg and let Otis get eaten alive instead. Also I still find it kind of funny that Shane twisted his ankle just a little earlier and told Otis to leave him, but Otis refused to do so and half dragged Shane out of there. Then Shane turned around and shot Otis.

And yeah I miss Dale too. Without Dale and Hershel, it's been a while since the show has had a proper "wise old man" character. I guess Reg might've been close, but then he only lasted a few episodes.
    I think killing someone ruins the meat quicker. Plus having him be alive made him struggle and keep more attention on him. Not justifying it, just explaining why he might have done it.

I don't really miss the wise old man trope, since on WD they usually just made them super peaceful and forgiving and you know they will either die because of it or die spouting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I think he is supposed to be like 14. That's pretty much the problem with child characters in series like this. Happened on Lost as well where they had to ship Walt off of the island because the actor got too old to play a little kid.
    Poor Harold Perrineau. Impossible to not yell out "WALT!!!" when I see him in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The suspense about who gets it in the finale is getting harder to deal with. :|

I guess we won't have to wait long though, since there are only 3 episodes left. I imagine we're probably going to see a little drama at Hilltop again in one of those, because Negan is gonna be pissed about what happened to that Saviors compound in last week's episode. And we already know Gregory is a dick in the show, so something could happen there too.

It's even better that Rick and Co. think the Saviors and Negan are done. As far as Rick knows, he took out the entire Saviors group (including Negan) without taking any losses himself. He's probably heading back to Alexandria thinking the Saviors/Negan are no more scary than the Wolves were.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure Rick thinks the situation is handled. He's smart enough to know if they have one compound and locations of others that there could be more people. Whether he thinks Negan is dead so this will be easy with the head cut off, I don't know. I'm not sure it will really affect the story either way. I'm sure Jesus at the least knows they have more camps. If they write them off as stupid, then it's just breaking what they've established so far.
    BAD WOLF

The show has become the opposite of Game of Thrones. Now that GoT is branching out on its own outside of the books, Walking Dead is starting to follow the comics more closely. It takes too much of the surprise factor out of the show just following a known script but I get why they'd do it for writing purposes.

The difference is, GoT was forced to deviate from the source material, while TWD is approaching perhaps the most important arc to date in the comics, and they seem to want to not fuck with it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The difference is, GoT was forced to deviate from the source material, while TWD is approaching perhaps the most important arc to date in the comics, and they seem to want to not fuck with it too much.
    And considering the whole last two episodes were both very different from the comic storyline I don't even know if they are following it as close as people think.

Well I'm pretty glad I was right about what happens in this episode, that means my prediction for the next two episodes after are probably right as well.

Q&A for Episode 14 "Twice as Far"

Q-Who are the two groups that are out looking for supplies?
    A-Eugene and Abraham (Eugene looking for a place to make ammo)Denise, Rosita and Daryl (Looking for medicine)

Q-Does anyone in Team Family die this ep? If so, who and how?
    A-Denise, crossbow through head

Q-What is Rick's reaction to Morgan's jail cell? Do we find out what the cell is for?
    A-Rick just asks what's it for. Morgan says it will give some choices next time.

Q-Why is Carol on Tobin's porch?
    A-It's a 1 second shot. She kisses Tobin quickly as he leaves. She appears to be just waiting for him

Q-What's Carl up to this ep?
    A-We don't see Carl this episode.

Q-Will Dwight make an appearance and if so, is his face ironed?
    A-Yes he does and his left side is burned

Q-Does Daryl get his crossbow back? If so, how?
    A-Yes, after a fight with Dwight and his group

Q-Does the group run into any other Saviors besides Dwight?
    A-Yes there is a group with Dwight

Q-Is Jesus in this episode?
    A-We don't see Jesus this episode.

Q-Does anyone go missing by the end of the episode? If so, who?
    A-No
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Walking Dead is starting to follow the comics more closely. It takes too much of the surprise factor out of the show just following a known script but I get why they'd do it for writing purposes.
    Well when they do their own thing usally it doesnt work out as well, and the tv deaths are usually different to the comic deaths so I suppose that still keeps ppl guesing

10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised they would off Denise so quickly. Was expecting Tara to kick the bucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.