Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Got my hands on the electronic version of the book and boy, after reading it, I'm getting a different interpretation that most people have in this thread. I don't think the titans are gone, they can come back. If you don't believe it, i think you should re-read it.
    They are "gone" in the sense that they were defeated and their spirits are functionally inert.

Of course they are going to come back some day. They wouldn't have pulled a spirit-saving deus ex machina in the first place if that weren't the case.

Well it's been thrown around for the past 50+ pages.

Another thing that has bothered me is the whole confrontation between sargeras and the pantheon.

Sargeras didn't just one shot the pantheon.

It was a galactic scale battle that invovled not only sargeras, but the burning legion, the entire pantheon as well. Talks about stars being torn apart and the battle raging across the cosmos. And prior to that, Sargeras had the upper hand by killing Agrammar prior to there being a full out war. Then towards the end of the conflict, Sargeras formed a fel storm (titans being weak to fel magic) was able to destroy their bodies, but their spirits were preserved (which Sargeras was not aware of). So some are exaggerating the battle by calling it a one shot, it was all out war, oh and a big portion of the burning legion was extinguished in the battle.

The info that Ra-den received was not wholly accurate and he and the thunder king assumed the titans are dead, but are both unaware, much like Sargeras that their spirits live on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Plot twist: Elune doesn't exist and is just product of night elf imagination.
    I mean, why are we constantly talking about Elune and nobody ever talks about An'she?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    ...elune has been and is one of the most active deity in the warcraft universe.
    What has she done for us lately?

But no, seriously, the Old Gods are real and present, the Wild Gods are real and present, Hakkar was real and present... where's Elune?

Quote Originally Posted by Alectis View Post
    Than where would Tyrande and the rest of the Night Elf priestesses draw their power from?
    The Light.

Tauren Priests and Paladins get their power from Mu'sha and An'she. Troll priests get it from the Loa. But really they're all drawing on the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    I think it is impplied HEAVILY that Elune is just a name/persona the trolls/elves gave the titan soul inside azeroth
    Why make her a moon goddess then?

Maybe World Souls get orbited by Moon Souls... like little Light beings...

PSSSST Naaru

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Chronicle takes care to say the NElves claim Cenarius is the son of Elune and Malorne. That doesn't make it true. Their myths also involve Cenarius being a child of the Moon and the Sun.
    NElves believed Elune was in the bottom of the Well. That doesn't make it true.
    NElves also believe Elune formed the world with other gods. If this is true, then she has nothing to do being the nascent world-soul... which is called Azeroth, not Elune. Elune isn't a titan either. Chronicle retconned the Pantheon to being the titans themselves, rather than an elite sect of a larger population of regular titans. Of course, unborn titans don't count. Elune is not on Chronicle's list of titans.
    The Moon does appear in the bottom of wells. If it's above them in the sky

P.S. So the Night Elves DO have an equivalent Sun God(dess)! Hey I wonder if the High Elves are implicitly moving from Moon to Sun worship...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Elune is real she made that beam of light or whatever, to protect tyrande from the azshara

edit : Well something did that. myths can be wrong I know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Krasus could fit into dozens of memes at this point.
    Poor Krasus.

It's not his fault he was in a book by Knaak.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think Elune/Earthmother is just what the native races of Azeroth called Azeroth's Titan World-Soul.
    Elune (Mu'sha) and An'she are the Eyes of the Earthmother. The Earthmother itself is a separate entity.

They're probably all mythological really...

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I don't want to be that guy but 97 pages is a really scary number to browse. Do we have any word on Yogg-Saron - Lich King connection?
    I don't have the book yet but I presume that won't be until vol. 2 or 3. Vol. 1 is more cosmology, early era.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Anveena was a pure concentration of arcane shaped into a human form. If Elune is the same, would be weird how her powers are apparently based on the Light/Shadow dichotomy, as Elune's followers are priestesses. That would mean that Night Elves got their Light from the mere faith in Elune and not from Elune herself.
    I always assumed that's how trolls used the Light via the Loa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Elune (Mu'sha) and An'she are the Eyes of the Earthmother. The Earthmother itself is a separate entity.

They're probably all mythological really...
    Like you said, I think that is just Tauren mythology, not exactly descriptive of what is really going on. Elune is Mu'sha is the Titan World-Soul. An'she is likely just the Tauren anthropomorphising the Holy Light. There's no evidence to suggest that the Earthmother is even an entity at all, if she isn't Eonar or Freya (creator of the Emerald Dream and the Wild Gods, thereby ultimately responsible for the origin of the Tauren).

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    So I just finished the whole of "Chronicle" this evening, and I've got to say it was a pretty great read. Tons of depth, an exploration of previously shrouded topics, and a surprisingly low amount of out and out retcons to the story. The largest one, in my view, was toward the end in the form of the redefining of the relationship between Aegwynn and Neilas Aran. In "The Last Guardian" their relationship is presented as one-sided and ultimately a sham on Aegwynn's part as she seems to gull Neilas into conceiving and caring for their son, Medivh. But in "Chronicle" it seems like their relationship was actually a shared affection - with Neilas and Aegywnn actually falling in love with one-another and the birth of Medivh an attempt on Neilas' part to bring Aegywnn out of her "darkness" (which was being inflicted on her by the dormant spirit of Sargeras).

Doesn't ultimately change the specifics of the story, but it was definitely a tonal shift from the seeming cruelty of Aegwynn in "The Last Guardian."
    Last edited by Aucald; 2016-03-17 at 04:33 AM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Elune has been the no.1 lore topic of interest for a while now, seen a lot of questions and mystery and interest surrounding her come up a lot, and chronicles not answering that has made it even more so.
    I've never really understood why, she's a minor point of Warcraft lore and possibly nothing but a myth.

I guess I'm not a big enough Elf nerd :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    While I'm not keen on the whole "the ultimate enemy is a faceless, abstract representation of entropy", it results in a cosmology that actually makes sense, all without significantly redefining the conflicts we've been through.
    I don't think they're really the ultimate enemy. They're like the Dark Side of the Force. The Sith are the enemy, the Dark Side is just the reason they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    what i wonder if volume 2 is going to have details like numbers of populations etc, like the RPG source books had, that sorta stuff and detail was a lot of fun to have.
    I bet it won't, Blizzard likes to keep those sorts of things loosey-goosey so they don't get too restrained from a storytelling perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    The case is shut on whether Cenarius is actually, literally the son of Elune and Malorne. He is not. He is a Wild God. It simply says that the night elves held the belief that he was their son. I guess he found that charming and let it go.
    The real question is: did Zaetar actually hump Theradras? :P

Quote Originally Posted by 13last View Post
    Enthralled basically explained it. After the titan spirits rushed into Azeroth to their keepers, the keepers had this weird feeling so they tried contacting the titans but they didn't respond. Yogg-Saran knew the titans were dead and devised the curse of flesh and tricked Loken since he was already disheartened about the titans not answering. The below quote is directly from the book.

"Yogg-Saron had devised a plan to weaken its jailers and escape imprisonment. It would corrupt the Forge of Wills, tainting its creation matrix with a strange malady known as the curse of flesh. Any titan-forged created by the machine thereafter would fall victim to this affliction. Some would even spread it to previous generations of titan-forged. The curse of flesh would gradually transform many of these infected servants into mortal beings of flesh and blood-beings who the cunning Old God knew could easily be killed."
    Hmm. I must read this book, always wanted more info on the Curse of Flesh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Am i the only person who doesn't "hate" Knaak?

- - - Updated - - -

i mean christie golden is better but i don't hate knaak
    Honestly I can't REALLY comment because I've only read excerpts and summaries of their books. But I've been pretty unimpressed with most of the novel lore.

The early stuff like Rhonin and Broxigar particularly irks me.

And we shall not speak of the comics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Poor Krasus.

It's not his fault he was in a book by Knaak.
    Worse than that, he was basically created by Knaak.

I always assumed that's how trolls used the Light via the Loa.
    Honestly is not a matter I ever spent thought about but yeah, it kinda makes sense for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Am i the only person who doesn't "hate" Knaak?
    I don't "hate" him either, I don't even think he's that bad of a writer in general, it's just that he always made a very poor job with the Warcraft's franchise specifically.

I've never really understood why, she's a minor point of Warcraft lore and possibly nothing but a myth.

It's all about the mystery surrounding her, mystery that even this book didn't cared to solve. Which is a double-edged sword, since her "mystery" is excatly what makes her quite abstract and irrelevant for the almost entirety of Warcraft's lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

WTB Kerafyrm encounter, where if you fail to down Sarg for the first time (mythic only encounter) he goes on a slaughter and cancels everyone on your servers sub and deletes everything.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

I like many Knaak books. The only book I really could not enjoy was Stormrage. The writing wasn't good. Malfurion went full Saiyan, again and again finding more hidden power needed to win. And the book had the entire world face a war that couldn't possibly be represented in the game world as having happened. It just broke the immersion.

I mean, I certainly don't remember the time when all of Azeroth was falling asleep, had their nightmares come alive, and faced countless death at the hands of nightmare shapes and possessed sleepers, sieging the entire world. The Nightmare War is something barely referenced and just didn't connect to the story of the game world. There was no way to squeeze it into the ongoing canon, leaving it ultimately devoid of meaning.
    ---

More on topic, with Zandalar and Kul Tiras so clearly present in the book, I really hope we'll get to see more of them soon in the game world.

yeah, i think it's the elf relationship, that they would call her goddess is significant given their character, intelligene etc, and they also claim something like all life is in her or comes from her - i guess it's read like "when you make the sort of progress like they did, to the heights like they reached - we tend to take a lot more seriously your assertions" - besides i think many people have a think for night elf babes, and their strongest portrayl is as priestesses of Elune, which makes us curious aobut her.

then add all the revelations of the origins of Azroth, Elune becomes quite mysterious, she is much more than a wild god, being referred to as a treu deity, we know the ancient wild god worshipping dark trolls abandoned their worship for her as they grwe in intelligence and sophistaction. incidentally though the highborne grow less and less respetful of Elune woship, i get the impression theydon't bleieve it or her of any substance, from WotA, but then they also felt that Cenarius was just a legend around the time the War of the Ancients is just about to start. And off course, we know the High elves completely abandon Elune worship too during their exile. Which would indicate they were believers or at least some of them were up to around that time.

Deleted
    Possible outcomes of Sargeras' burning crusade could be:

-We defeat final OG and with help of Pillars of Creation (also making sure the planet doesnt fall apart), awaken Azeroth titan
    -Azeroth and Sargeras wrestle, Azeroth wins (at this point players have to use the now implement dance studio to dance around dodging Sargeras attacks and balance themselves from falling off Azeroth)
    -Sargeras realizes his crusade is of no use anymore, since Azeroth is the greater guardian of cosmos against the Void Lords
    -Sarge goes to Twisting Nether and self destructs himself with all the unstable fel energy, ending the threat of the demons altogether. Warlock players given free reroll into max level character with complimentary BoA mementos and achivements

Honestly though, I think the Nathrezim could well be plotting against Sargeras in favor of the Void Lords. I do like the explanation that fel energy is massively chaotic raw power from void and light fusion/fission whatever.

The Void Lords should just wait until players get to level 200. Shadow priests should get a top tier talent to summon them at that point. As pets though.
    Last edited by mmoc7955db53d7; 2016-03-17 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/iPzk6
    For your spoilers on sexy artwork

-edit-
    unaviable due to jerks
    Last edited by DaveL; 2016-03-18 at 05:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    and for the rest... the book itself..
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...HM0N0xYYnFTbmM
    i love you!

Formerly known as Arafal

My thoughts:

Overall great read, and very enlightening canon origins of the Warcraft origins. The Pantheon and their defeat at the hands of Sargeras is brand new lore. Azeroth's importance in the universe is exemplified by the titan spirit's presence.

Question:

On two occasions, the titans have travelled to Azeroth by traversing the Great Dark Beyond. The first time, the entirety of the Pantheon arrived in physical form to plant the seeds of creation in the titan-forged. The second time, their spirits travelled from the battlefield where they suffered defeat at the hands of Sargeras. In contrast, Sargeras sees his only option of invading Azeroth to destroy it by entering through a portal, rather than physically travelling to it. In the War of the Ancients, he tries and fails to do so. Ten thousand years later, he attempts this again. Is it then my understanding that Sargeras still does not know the physical location of Azeroth in the Great Dark Beyond? Hopefully, this wasn't overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynes View Post
    Is it then my understanding that Sargeras still does not know the physical location of Azeroth in the Great Dark Beyond? Hopefully, this wasn't overlooked.
    I always assumed that Sargeras doesn't know our physical location in the Great Dark Beyond.

However the book states he's just very far away on his crusade to burn planets, and that it would take him ages to get here. Hence trying invasions by Portal.

Travelling by spirit may be a lot faster, as the Titans' Spirits accomplished this, in seemingly short time. But that wasn't very successful.

Honestly I still like the explanation that Sargeras doesn't really know where Azeroth physically is in the Beyond, only knowing where the Twisting Nether connects to it, thanks to the Highborne. But the Chronicle book states that Sargeras is simply too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    and for the rest... the book itself..
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...HM0N0xYYnFTbmM
    is that safe to download?

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by acegaming90 View Post
    is that safe to download?
    noo the 253Mb PDF file is just largest virus ever created -.-´

duh obviously it is, i have just given away my private pdf copy...

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The Void Lords are their own thing. Immensely powerful creatures of the Void realm. Void Gods are still the fallen Naaru. Divine beings of this cosmos, that lost their Light. Entropius may have been a Void God, a fallen Naaru. We don't have confirmation.

On the power scale, the Void Lords are much more powerful than even fallen Naaru Void Gods. Void Gods seem slightly less powerful than the Old Gods on average. And Old Gods are just created spawns of the Void Lords.
    Does the book actually address this or are you purely speculating? If the book doesn't say so, I would hold that you are completely wrong.