Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes. Currently all signs point toward Azeroth being a mary sue. Which is really fucking weird to say about a planet.
    I think we use that term too often, and too loosely. Nothing about Azeroth suggests it's a mary sue, at least not yet.

It's not a Mary Sue for one very good reason: all the other Titans are around. I imagine they'll "infuse" Azeroth and thus joined be able to defeat Sargeras.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    It's not a Mary Sue for one very good reason: all the other Titans are around. I imagine they'll "infuse" Azeroth and thus joined be able to defeat Sargeras.
    There are no other Titans. The book makes zero mention of other Titans beyond the pantheon (which are all dead). They make mention that other than Azeroth, they (the pantheon) didn't find any more world souls. It's just dark daddy Sargeras wandering around the universe, burning everything to the ground because he's got the worst case of Nyctophobia there has ever been.

If it (the damn planet) wakes up physically, i'm gonna say it shrugs us off as fleas. By it's own existence we, the players, the npcs, the history, are so insignificant, it trivializes the entire lore of this game.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun to read, but the second I sign in to the game...I know all I am is some insignificant (trifling if you will) gnome that matters not the slightest. Before, we had our own destiny in our hands, now? We KNOW that are destiny means nothing when world-sized monsters and god like beings exist.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it's fun to read, but the second I sign in to the game...I know all I am is some insignificant (trifling if you will) gnome that matters not the slightest. Before, we had our own destiny in our hands, now? We KNOW that are destiny means nothing when world-sized monsters and god like beings exist.
    If it wasnt for us, the Old Gods would have won by further corrupting Azeroth...

The Great Conflict plays out above our heads, sure, but we have (and have had) a crucial part in ensuring Azeroth is en-route to a safe gestation / birthing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There are no other Titans. The book makes zero mention of other Titans beyond the pantheon (which are all dead). They make mention that other than Azeroth, they (the pantheon) didn't find any more world souls. It's just dark daddy Sargeras wandering around the universe, burning everything to the ground because he's got the worst case of Nyctophobia there has ever been.

If it (the damn planet) wakes up physically, i'm gonna say it shrugs us off as fleas. By it's own existence we, the players, the npcs, the history, are so insignificant, it trivializes the entire lore of this game.

The Pantheon had also explored relatively little of the Warcraft universe, so while they hadn't found any other Titan world-souls save for Azeroth it's not a stretch to say there could be more out there in the dark of space. We also have no time-frame for Azeroth's awakening - it could happen shortly, or it could take thousands and thousands of years more for the Titan to take its final form. We'll all be long dead before that occurs so it's kind of inconsequential to us in the long run. In the real sense we're definitely of paramount importance to the story (by dint of being its protagonists in the narrative sense).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

There are no other Titans. The book makes zero mention of other Titans beyond the pantheon (which are all dead).
    The Pantheon is dead in corporeal form, but their power went to Azeroth's keepers when they died. Lei Shen stole the power of Aman'thul from Ra'den (who had put it in a box), and I'm guessing Wrathion now has it after consuming Lei Shen's heart. That's what I was referring to when I said that Azeroth would be "infused": all the lingering power of the Pantheon would combine within Azeroth to defeat Sargeras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    If it wasnt for us, the Old Gods would have won by further corrupting Azeroth...

The Great Conflict plays out above our heads, sure, but we have (and have had) a crucial part in ensuring Azeroth is en-route to a safe gestation / birthing.
    Right, but at the same time ... reorigination also helps fight the Old Gods. Our Free Will may give Azeroth a better chance at not going Void Titan in the end, but it's not necessarily required.

Related question: do you think Sargeras was right to kill the void titan?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Pantheon is dead in corporeal form, but their power went to Azeroth's keepers when they died. Lei Shen stole the power of Aman'thul from Ra'den (who had put it in a box), and I'm guessing Wrathion now has it after consuming Lei Shen's heart. That's what I was referring to when I said that Azeroth would be "infused": all the lingering power of the Pantheon would combine within Azeroth to defeat Sargeras.

No, they are dead, Norgannon tried to protect their spirits after sargeras killed their bodies which they then tried to fuse those spirits with their keepers, it didn't work, at most the keepers got some visions which made no sense and never got a response back from the pantheon. They are gone. The powers ra-den had, were the gifted ones given well before the pantheon was murdered.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

No, they are dead, Norgannon tried to protect their spirits after sargeras killed their bodies which they then tried to fuse those spirits with their keepers, it didn't work, at most the keepers got some visions which made no sense and never got a response back from the pantheon. They are gone. The powers ra-den had, were the gifted ones given well before the pantheon was murdered.
    I have the book right in front of me. Do you want a page number?

I mean, it literally says "Unaware that the titans' spirits had survived, Sargeras declared the Burning Legion victorious."
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2016-03-17 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post

again, no, we are not responsible for their downfall...the titans were and the TITAN-FORGED they put here. we are the by-product of those titan-forged, cursed with flesh from the one old god that the titans themselves killed (aman-thul pulled y'shaarj out like a gardener pulls out a weed) and dealt with super-duper weak versions of these old-god parasites (if I have to put a number to it, like less than 1% of their entire power output weak). Time...just really....really...REALLY good timing was on our sides, otherwise...the black empire rises again.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the book right in front of me. Do you want a page number?

I mean, it literally says "Unaware that the titans' spirits had survived, Sargeras declared the Burning Legion victorious."
    Read a little farther....I have it to.

Loken's Betrayal (I don't know the page, kindle is dumb, Location 922 there.)
    Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Sargeras, the last embers of the Pantheon's power clung to life, Although Sargeras had destroyed the titan's physical forms, Norgannon's grand spellwork had preserved their souls. The disembodied titan spirits hurtled through the Great Dark toward the world of Azeroth and its keepers. There, the Pantheon hoped the could locate physical forms to inhabit. If the could not find such vessels, the titans feared their weakened spirits would soon fade into oblivion.

Upon reaching Azeroth, the depleted spirits slammed into the keepers, who had been crafted by the Pantheon's own hands. The keepers were immediately overwhelmed as the titans' powers flared in their minds. They witnessed fragmented memories of distant worlds, of lifetimes never lived and wonders never seen. But just as quickly as the influx of power had come, it dimmed.
    The keepers, still retaining their original personalities, puzzled over the strange phenomenon. They knew they had been gifted with a portion of the Pantheon's power, but they were unaware that the last remnants of their beloved makers had been infused in their very bodies. The bewildered servants called out to the Pantheon for answers, but they received no reply.[
    They are dead. What little power they had left fused with the keepers, who they are though are gone; though this last bolded line is purposefully left to be left to interpretation. They are not literally deus-ex-machina in my opinion, they are just the power supply left over, that's it.
    Last edited by Nethlord; 2016-03-17 at 03:48 PM.

Read a little farther....I have it to.
    Yes, the Keepers were confused and didn't know what to do with it, except Ra. Who realized what had happened and went emo. If you do actually have the book, you're not really reading it close enough.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I still like to imagine Azeroth going evil and Sarg ending up cutting of it's legs and arms and telling him he was supposed to destroy the void lords not join them.

on a serious note, I wonder how this all will get resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I still like to imagine Azeroth going evil and Sarg ending up cutting of it's legs and arms and telling him he was supposed to destroy the void lords not join them.

on a serious note, I wonder how this all will get resolved.
    weeeel, ra'den said "There is a ...yawning ...chasm of darkness beneath you"

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    weeeel, ra'den said "There is a ...yawning ...chasm of darkness beneath you"
    I thought he was talking bout the nightmare and n'zoth, you feel if Azeroth was corrupted Ra'den would be like "lol bye" and go set the global reset switch
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    A Pregnant planet. Hmm...

...I still think the idea of a backup homeworld of two should be explored. Just in case.

I would also like to see a true Antithesis to Sargeras equal in power introduced.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Technically speaking a Chosen One has to have some sort of prophecy attached to them. A divine fate. Azeroth just seems to be an exceptionally strong World Soul, which is a bit different. Honestly this is stuff we've known for a while. Blizzard has always said Azeroth is special. it's just now we know how they want to quantify that.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Since when did we start using the term mary sue to define a powerful character? Certainly personality has a role to play in there somewhere, which I'm not sure a baby Titan soul has much of. A deus ex machina maybe, but we can hardly characterize it as a mary sue yet.
    People use the term mary sue for any character they dislike or deem bad in some respect. it's an unfortunate behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    A Pregnant planet. Hmm...

-- snip --

...I still think the idea of a backup homeworld of two should be explored. Just in case.

I would also like to see a true Antithesis to Sargeras equal in power introduced.
    No, that's pregnant *with* a planet - different thing, or so I'm told.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    People use the term mary sue for any character they dislike or deem bad in some respect. it's an unfortunate behavior.
    The official definition of Mary Sue/Gary Stu was long ago changed from "a character who absorbs the entirety of the setting, plot, and climax with their perfected perfection" (with maybe just a teensy acknowledgement of some kind of forgettable flaw, like oh say clumsiness) to "pretty much any character I personally don't like for whatever reason." It's in the ultimate in disposable smears, and its crippling overuse has made it mean almost nothing in any real sense.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The official definition of Mary Sue/Gary Stu was long ago changed from "a character who absorbs the entirety of the setting, plot, and climax with their perfected perfection" (with maybe just a teensy acknowledgement of some kind of forgettable flaw, like oh say clumsiness) to "pretty much any character I personally don't like for whatever reason." It's in the ultimate in disposable smears, and its crippling overuse has made it mean almost nothing in any real sense.
    Welcome to MMO Champion, friend. It's kinda meh here

Honestly it's disappointing because it actually makes properly discussing the quality of characters far harder. There's no capacity for a middle ground of "well this character's MOSTLY okay, there's some weird stuff going on though." The ability to intelligently discuss the topic is strangled.

And that's the worst part. When people complain about stuff in the lore, they aren't necessarily WRONG. That's the thing. It's just the extremes that its taken to just destroy any attempt at being more cognitive about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Azeroth doesn't kill us all when he/she/ it hatches, hopefully Azeroth kicks Sargeras ass

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    But why is only azeroth able to destroy voidlords, what makes it so potentially powerful? How will it be explained?
    My interpretation is that it is talking about Azeroth inhabitants - us, heroes of Horde and Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    So new lore says azeroth has a titan fetus ready to be born
    It is not born yet because we are no ready yet.

WE are the final titan.

Little do you guys know, what they meant is that Azeroth (the planet) has the energy to birth a being with titan potential and capable of beating the void lords. Which it has done, the name of this hero is Med'an. When they talked about it still being a fetus they meant Med'an being young and lacks knowledge of the universe. He will soon visit ulduar together with Wrathion where they will all grant him their titan powers and he will protect us from the legion and the voidlords!

And thats how you piss off most of the fanbase (although I have nothing against Med'an) in just a few sentences.

But really though, the book sets up for something cool, I just hope they deliver on it.