Mythic Archimonde Help Needed

Hello everyone. My guild is currently working on Archimonde phase 3 at the moment but it seems like we've hit a wall. Our best attempt last night was 20% but that was after 3 sets of infernals were dead. That seems high given that he's supposed to die before the 5th set of infernals.
    Attached are our logs and I'm only asking for our best attempt to be reviewed. Any constructive input will be really helpful. I thank you all in advance.

Zang

P.S. can't really link just yet but here it is
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&fight=42
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2016-03-16 at 04:19 PM. Reason: fixed link

That's pretty normal, 20% is the execute phase after all and the boss gets burned fairly quickly.

Each set of infernals is roughly 1 minute in interval, so you have 2 minutes to do 20% of execute, compared to 30% in 3 minutes of non-execute.

More importantly, your healers really need to buck up. Their last phase dps is hilariously low for a fight with such long periods of downtime(like literally none of them are dpsing after healing the raid back up for infernals and mark of the legion), and this is after they just let the poor warrior tank die to source of chaos without putting so much as a direct shield or heal on him.

You have a lot of unwanted early deaths to the dance, I can sort of understand the shaman and dk dying to it as they aren't the most mobile specs(they still shouldn't die), but the mistweaver?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=42&target=116

Infernal damage is low leading to them enraging and wiping your raid multiple times, so you better ask why the hunters are this low, as well as the mage who did a grand total of 200k damage to the adds.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The dps check in p3 to kill it at or before the 5th infernals is about 1.1m dps (p3 only)

It basically means you can't lose people to stupid stuff like seething corruption in that phase. There is no "wall", just do the mechanics and its rinse repeat. Obviously its harder than that in reality but focus mechanics and especially spawns 3/4 and if you don't lose people to stupid it'll die.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    and this is after they just let the poor warrior tank die to source of chaos without putting so much as a direct shield or heal on him.
    You mean that source of chaos where the vast majority of guilds sacrifice the tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The dps check in p3 to kill it at or before the 5th infernals is about 1.1m dps (p3 only)

It basically means you can't lose people to stupid stuff like seething corruption in that phase. There is no "wall", just do the mechanics and its rinse repeat. Obviously its harder than that in reality but focus mechanics and especially spawns 3/4 and if you don't lose people to stupid it'll die.
    Do you mean raid dps on archimonde or the whole phase (adds included?) Thnx everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Zangy89 View Post
    Do you mean raid dps on archimonde or the whole phase (adds included?) Thnx everyone
    Total raid dps for the whole phase - adds included.

Use the ring on the 3rd infernal set. I don't care how long you have to delay it, it's worth it.

We do ring on 1st/3rd infernals and second dps potions+bloodlust on 4th infernals. If you don't die to those waves the rest of the phase is not that hard.

Video if it helps, we killed it about a month and a half ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pOTGezPLEE

Don't worry about the dps check to kill him before 5th infernals. Even with very poor dps in current gear if people aren't dead it's a very easy mark to meet. Worry about getting that far first.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-03-16 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You mean that source of chaos where the vast majority of guilds sacrifice the tank?
    Why would you need to sacrifice the tank at this point of the raid tier? All the tank needs is a single shield from the disc to stay alive, and the disc priest isn't even bothering to dps the boss or the infernals for that matter. That's all. It's not like there isn't passive cleave from half your dps that it eventually dies anyway.

It's worth keeping him alive for the dps.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-03-17 at 03:12 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Use the ring on the 3rd infernal set. I don't care how long you have to delay it, it's worth it.

We do ring on 1st/3rd infernals and second dps potions+bloodlust on 4th infernals. If you don't die to those waves the rest of the phase is not that hard.

Video if it helps, we killed it about a month and a half ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pOTGezPLEE

Don't worry about the dps check to kill him before 5th infernals. Even with very poor dps in current gear if people aren't dead it's a very easy mark to meet. Worry about getting that far first.
    They are using hero in phase 1, use ring on 2nd and 4th set of infernals. Have everyone dps potion and save procs for 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post
    They are using hero in phase 1, use ring on 2nd and 4th set of infernals. Have everyone dps potion and save procs for 3rd.
    I'm trying to do the same. With this set, 3rd Infernals are the hard ones, right? And with your DPS group, how long after the 4th Infernals the boss die... 20,30 or like 50 sec?

Quote Originally Posted by Almom View Post
    I'm trying to do the same. With this set, 3rd Infernals are the hard ones, right? And with your DPS group, how long after the 4th Infernals the boss die... 20,30 or like 50 sec?
    Typically for first kills you should expect the boss to die right around 5th set of infernals.

Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post
    Typically for first kills you should expect the boss to die right around 5th set of infernals.
    Ughh... I was specting him to die right after Mark next to 4th Infernal, gotta see the other times so.

Quote Originally Posted by Almom View Post
    Ughh... I was specting him to die right after Mark next to 4th Infernal, gotta see the other times so.
    In the last recorded first kill on wowprogress, they killed him around 20 seconds before 5th infernals.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-03-17 at 06:27 PM.

In the last recorded first kill on wowprogress, they killed him around 20 seconds before 5th infernals.
    People should be aiming to do better than that. My first kills back at ~9 minute fight length had a 5th wave with lust in the nether. Class buffs and valor and 795 rings since then should make this an extreme rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    People should be aiming to do better than that. My first kills back at ~9 minute fight length had a 5th wave with lust in the nether. Class buffs and valor and 795 rings since then should make this an extreme rarity.
    People like you are idiots with no concept of things like skill difference. Theres a vast difference between guilds like yours and the ones killing it now. "Ours took 9 minutes and they have more gear!!!!!!!"

Yeah but we're talking about people at a certain skill level, which is why I find the latest kills a better comparison point.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-03-17 at 07:40 PM.

People like you are idiots with no concept of things like skill difference. Theres a vast difference between guilds like yours and the ones killing it now. "Ours took 9 minutes and they have more gear!!!!!!!"
    Oh no, I understand that there's a skill difference. But when the gear differential makes up 30-40% DPS, you'd expect even average people to be well above where the best were before those buffs.

The point remains. People coming to this forum and asking for help need to understand that having their players learn how to play is the single biggest change they can make. Sure, you can try to work around having people pull grey bracket percentiles, but the simplest and most accessible change is just to fix the big problem instead of assuming that it's a constant.

I've only been playing WoW since HFC came out, and all I did was focus on playing my shit correctly. That should be the very first and most important piece of advice anyone is given here.

Your kind of response makes me wonder what this would be like if this were a fitness forum. Some 400 lb guy comes in and asks how he can improve his mile time, and everyone suggests all sorts of ridiculous things but someone says "maybe lose weight?" and then gets told he's an idiot for making that suggestion and queue the expected "hey man fat shaming is not cool" responses. I don't even.

Yeah but we're talking about people at a certain skill level, which is why I find the latest kills a better comparison point.
    Well this is the last boss of mythic, and a valid (the best probably) path to take is improving the capability of the players.

Your kind of response makes me wonder what this would be like if this were a fitness forum. Some 400 lb guy comes in and asks how he can improve his mile time, and everyone suggests all sorts of ridiculous things but someone says "maybe lose weight?" and then gets told he's an idiot for making that suggestion and queue the expected "hey man fat shaming is not cool" responses. I don't even.
    Yea my response to the 400 pound dude is light exercise. Yours is to run 2 marathons a day. You don't aim your advice to your audience. I don't even....

Yea my response to the 400 pound dude is light exercise. Yours is to run 2 marathons a day. You don't aim your advice to your audience. I don't even....
    There's a big difference between 80% and 100%. There's not a big difference between 15% and 80%. The effort it takes to play your class at a passable level is not that high. You seem to think that not being absolutely fucking terrible = "try being method." How ridiculous. There isn't only rank 1 and rank 5000. Please stop being so white and black.