Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not gunna lie the Voice Chat is the same one from Overwatch & isn't terrible like the old voice chat was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjai View Post
    All these comments seem to forget the chat's already testable in Overwatch. The quality is actually really good and only hindered by the occasional crappy mic.
    Ya I really like it, I think it is a mixed of Discord implemented into Battle Net.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I dont know why they keep trying to make this voice chat work? I have not yet heard of a game, which ingame voice has been a succes and not just a storm of yelling trolls and racists. There are still a lot of ingame programs who needs a rework much more then the voice chat.

.... Like, who is even asking for this? We already have Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Large skype calls and now Discord. While updating the ingame voice chat is always a good thing, im not gonna complain about getting a new ingame tool, but i really dont think it is needed. So many guilds have already a TS/Vent servers set up and they are working very good.
    I think the problem is just as you said, there isn't a dedicated voice tool for everyone to use that doesn't suck. For guilds it's no big deal but for pugs it's pulling teeth to get everyone to get into voice chat because they don't want to download their 5th voice chat program, now they have less of an excuse as long as it works properly.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    hence why it isn't in the Game anymore.
    It's still there.

Deleted
    And still no offline mode.

So... how do you enable it? Is that "Alpha access" random like the game betas?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I think the problem is just as you said, there isn't a dedicated voice tool for everyone to use that doesn't suck. For guilds it's no big deal but for pugs it's pulling teeth to get everyone to get into voice chat because they don't want to download their 5th voice chat program, now they have less of an excuse as long as it works properly.
    I know its gonna slightly upgrade the pug experience, but its gonna give a lot of work to the raid leader. For this to work, they need to give the raid leader a bundle of tools to control his chat room. Both when it comes to mute and kicking. If they do that, which they might not do since they blizzard, then its gonna be a usefull tool for pugs..... But thats it. Dungeon groups are not organized enough for them to use the system and guilds want to have more control over their voice-chat then something blizzard can mix up. Also, its another thing which can go broke, so its at the same lvl as other voice chats.

WTB Mobile chat for fucks sake.

Didn't this fail last time they tried? It was so hard to hear and was super annoying to use. I hope this works better.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Confused about "why" Blizz is even bothering with this. Discord - Mumble - Vent - and Skype, all cover the need and do a great job. Feels like an unnecessary distraction for Blizz and I can't see them keeping up with the core chat programs regardless of how strong they start off.
    They're doing it so there's a unified voice chat for all of their games. You listed four different programs, meaning the playerbase is split among those and other VoIP programs. So long as they can maintain and iterate it, which is the real question, it could go a long way towards improving and unifying the Battle.net community.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

There really isn't anything to be afraid of. Whatever shit chat Blizzard put out in the past should be totally irrelevant to what will happen in 2016. Most games and platforms have a decent voice chat these days it shouldn't be a big deal.

Deleted
    How do i get this alpha version? I can't find an answer anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    There really isn't anything to be afraid of. Whatever shit chat Blizzard put out in the past should be totally irrelevant to what will happen in 2016. Most games and platforms have a decent voice chat these days it shouldn't be a big deal.
    I can see them turning this into a paid service over the life of the Alpha/Beta testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    So... how do you enable it? Is that "Alpha access" random like the game betas?
    Quote Originally Posted by supermany View Post
    how can i activate this?
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    How do i get this alpha version? I can't find an answer anywhere!
    You can't, it hasn't been released to the general public yet.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-03-17 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    This is a really good thing if they can make it work better than the previous iteration. Which I heard is the case from Overwatch players. It fucking sucks to try and get people on VoIP in (for example) a pug. I hope the raid leader/voice chat group "host" can force push-to-talk so I don't have to hear people's heavy breathing, cheetos eating, burping, laughing, sneezing, background noise and shit like that. People who use voice activation (or even continuous transmission) are fucking retarded.

Having a voice chat that is readily available like when i play csgo for 5 mans and pug raids would be fabulous. The voice chat option has been there for expansions now but hasn't be implemented in a way its auto used on grouping. I think that would be ideal as it instantly would give people have mics/speakers a means to communicate rather then to have to turn the feature on. Without testing it maybe this is how it will work more. "shrugs". Idea's... But seriously I'm sick of having to use alternate solutions like ts or vent.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Confused about "why" Blizz is even bothering with this. Discord - Mumble - Vent - and Skype, all cover the need and do a great job. Feels like an unnecessary distraction for Blizz and I can't see them keeping up with the core chat programs regardless of how strong they start off.
    they want to control everything, that's why

This is what voice chat 1.0 should have been. At bnet account level (although, I'm pretty sure Bnet wasn't a thing back then). Pickup groups, guilds, cross-game voice chat without vent? Yes please.

I've been using this in Overwatch, it's actually really good. Having it at BNet level will be great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Will this be enabled by default in like bgs and pug raids? Cause I can't wait to converse with 14 yo brats.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I dont know why they keep trying to make this voice chat work? I have not yet heard of a game, which ingame voice has been a succes and not just a storm of yelling trolls and racists. There are still a lot of ingame programs who needs a rework much more then the voice chat.

.... Like, who is even asking for this? We already have Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Large skype calls and now Discord. While updating the ingame voice chat is always a good thing, im not gonna complain about getting a new ingame tool, but i really dont think it is needed. So many guilds have already a TS/Vent servers set up and they are working very good.

Without any ingame moderation of the voice chat, i dont see it being used by many teams.
    I know a few who definitely want it in HoTS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    They're doing it so there's a unified voice chat for all of their games. You listed four different programs, meaning the playerbase is split among those and other VoIP programs. So long as they can maintain and iterate it, which is the real question, it could go a long way towards improving and unifying the Battle.net community.
    Exactly. And honestly in 2016 it's pretty embarrassing that they don't have voice chat in games like HoTS and WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.