Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    So then, the brown shooting was justified and you had no problems with that or the zimmerman case.
    The DoJ confirmed that the Brown shooting was justified, yes. The Zimmerman case, my issues were always that the only reason that situation became violent was that Zimmerman was stalking him to begin with; he should have faced some consequences for instigating that, even if the actual shooting was deemed justified.

I'm not being inconsistent, and my positions on these things have never been determined by race. I'm not the one desperate to bring race into this, every time. You folks are the ones dragging it up, here, when it has exactly zero relevance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    clearly this guy was a savage, feral, thug, who needed to be taken down
    Thanks Genn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    That was a huge amount or effort and expense to set up that roadblock, coordinate with state and federal agents, have the elite FBI hostage unit there who are the best of the best in the FBI, all to apprehend one old dude who had a warrant. You see that type of operation for a murderer. Not saying it was not justified, but if they just wanted to take him in then why not get him at the Sherrifs office ? Would have been easier
    All to apprehend one old dude who had a warrant and was engaged in one of the largest-scale examples of domestic terrorism in recent US history.

Not sure why you're ignoring that last bit.

I'm not going to even bother reading everything in this thread, the guy clearly deserved the bullet.

He moves fast enough that it took only FOUR FRAMES for his hand to be completely up in the air. Sure his hand ended up in the air instead of pointing at an officer, but he was in the middle of a crime, and rapidly got out of the car and flung his hand in the direction of police (before raising it) while shouting. The shot came before he was even fully done with the motion, it was solid reaction time honestly. That cop should get a medal. Should they have waited for him to shoot someone first? No.

Anyone who has had police or military suspect detainment training knows that you shoot in cases like this.

Although I will say it's funny I haven't heard about this on the news.. and it's not up to 100 pages on MMO-C yet... hmm. OH, HE'S NOT BLACK. I get it. Nevermind.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    So then, the brown shooting was justified and you had no problems with that or the zimmerman case.
    Zimmerman was not a cop and was told by cops to stand down. Brown was unarmed and the result of him being shot, was the cop mishandling the situation by allowing the perpetrator the ability to reach for his gun. In this case, this militia has explicitly stated they would shoot cops, would use women and children as shields in previous encounter and nearly ran over a cop with his car.

- - - Updated - - -

There was namecalling, just look in the thread.
    So now the sort of name calling is irrelevant?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    About 5:30, he gets out of the car and says "go ahead and shoot me." and they do. lol
    Completely unjustified. It's illegal to kill someone that asks, that's the law.

Funny that black lives matter is nowhere to be seen with this happening, considering they want equality for all and protest police overstepping their grounds, which is the clear case here. Not only is it illegal to shoot at a moving vehicle, but it looks like he got out of the car with his hands up and they just kept firing. Not only that, they then kept firing at a vehicle that showed no signs of resistance, nor posed an active threat. At no time while they were shooting did they tell the people to surrender, get their hands up, etc.

Cops were in the wrong here, and hopefully the lot of them get put in jail for murder and assault with a deadly weapon. As much as people don't like it, these crazies have the same rights to protection as others, and deserve those rights to be protected, which they clearly weren't in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Completely unjustified. It's illegal to kill someone that asks, that's the law.

Funny that black lives matter is nowhere to be seen with this happening, considering they want equality for all and protest police overstepping their grounds, which is the clear case here. Not only is it illegal to shoot at a moving vehicle, but it looks like he got out of the car with his hands up and they just kept firing. Not only that, they then kept firing at a vehicle that showed no signs of resistance, nor posed an active threat. At no time while they were shooting did they tell the people to surrender, get their hands up, etc.

Cops were in the wrong here, and hopefully the lot of them get put in jail for murder and assault with a deadly weapon. As much as people don't like it, these crazies have the same rights to protection as others, and deserve those rights to be protected, which they clearly weren't in this instance.
    Did you ignore everything else or are you trolling?

He wasn't shot for asking for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    him exiting the truck after he tried to hit some one with it is the same as some one dropping his weapon after shooting at some one with it
    are you allowed to shot some one after they dropped their weapon?
    Sure, if they then proceed to try and pull another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    Thanks Genn.
    you're welcome gev

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't US law have any regulation for cops using their guns ?
    In my country there are very strict lines before a cop is legally allowed to use his weapon. For example he has to shoot upwards at least 2 times as a warning when asking someone to dissarm (rarely the case) or stop (from running most of the cases). If a cop just decides to go on wack and shoot someone even if its the lowest scum criminal, if he didn't follow the legal procedure hes in shitworld of trouble. In us it seems its more like the average doughnuthead joe getting bored or too excited and allowed to kill people.

P.S.
    Please stop the race circlejerk. This phenomenon is trending in US for years with enough casualties of any color
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2016-03-17 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Careful now, if that man had been another color, you would have gotten infracted for trolling/racism.
    SHoulda seen the thread about eating dogs. Not a single infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Although I will say it's funny I haven't heard about this on the news.. and it's not up to 100 pages on MMO-C yet... hmm. OH, HE'S NOT BLACK. I get it. Nevermind.
    This is not the first thread on the topic by OP, who is linking news sources. This has reached 8 pages in 3 hours, meaning that if the pace continues, it will be 100 pages in less than 2 days.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    There is also a question about the legality of the ambush style road stop and barricade.
    What question? Explain this concept to me. Are you telling me police don't have a right to stop people they have a warrant against? Or are you saying you would have preferred a massive shoot out at the preserve?

This group was on the way to meet the Sheriff for some unexplained reason the Sheriff office will not comment on.
    What? I've not seen a single source say this. Every single article I've seen has said they were heading to another town to have a event at a senior citizen center, they even had one of their singer girls with them. Why would they have her for a meeting with a Sheriff?

The weapons in the car were stashed under the seats and in the back, except for the alleged ruger semi auto they said Finicum had in his jacket pocket. That handgun, a Ruger Sr9 does not fit well into a jacket pocket. I own one. Anyone who is familiar with firearms would not place that particular weapon in a jacket pocket like that.
    So continuing from the last bit you're going to go full conspiracy and claim the law enforcement are lying about a dude who repeatedly stated he intended to kill police.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Doesn't US law have any regulation for cops using their guns ?
    In my country there are very strict lines before a cop is legally allowed to use his weapon. For example he has to shoot upwards at least 2 times as a warning when asking someone to dissarm (rarely the case) or stop (from running most of the cases)..
    That is the fucking stupidest thing I've ever heard. Bullets come back down at some point, this isn't a videogame where they collide with the skybox

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    All to apprehend one old dude who had a warrant and was engaged in one of the largest-scale examples of domestic terrorism in recent US history.

Not sure why you're ignoring that last bit.
    Its quite a bit of a stretch to call the protestors domestic terrorists. Nothing was destroyed, they did not harm anyone. Domestic terrorism would be TImothy Mcveigh, the BLM rioters in Baltimore would fit. Bunch of yahoos occupying a unused gift shop in a national park? Not so much

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    If he didn't point his gun at anybody, I can't see how shooting him was appropriate. Could have shot his wheels, forcing him to get off the car.
    Yeah it's not the movies. Shooting out the tires isn't as easy as you might think.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Polite thing to do
    If this was Reddit I would have given you gold for it mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Yeah it's not the movies. Shooting out the tires isn't as easy as you might think.
    Something tells me he is making allusions to people saying cops should shoot arms/legs of perpetrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Sure, if they then proceed to try and pull another one.
    he was shoot at twice before he reached in his jacket pocket confirmed by the call phone vid which shows him with his arms raised and by the article posted by Dystemper

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I'm waiting for your retraction that he was reaching into his jacket pocket before he was shot at. that many concede to that he wasn't and the article posted by Dystemper confirms
    Video footage very clearly shows him reaching before being shot. The police knew he was armed and knew he intended to kill law enforcement from information he freely gave in news interviews. There is nothing more to be said.