Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Im only surprised they didn't add it as patch 7.1's main attraction.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I take it none of you have seen Overwatch gameplay videos, the voice chat in that is just as good as the third party programs everybody uses. They're just making it available through Battle.net.
    This is what I was going to say, the overwatch voice chat looks solid so there is still hope.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

LOL wait seriously ...now its a "thing" to be snotty about what someone choses to use for voice comms? Good lord, really people....really?

Nothing wrong with Vent at all....in fact I preferred it to all other options for years and years... I'm quite partial to TS3 now , but I've also used Mumble and back in the day as the saying goes -- I used roger wilco.... With only rare exception I've found the quality of the voice comm is mostly a) how you configured your client and b) what codec are they running on the server. if you use a low end / crap codec ....well no kidding its gonna sound like junk.

A buddy of mine has a vent server (had it for years)....crystal clear every time I'm on it...better quality than talking on most phones.

Anyway back on point -- I'd agree the original implementation of Blizzard's voice chat in wow wasn't that good....but give this a chance...newer tech, more experienced programmers this time around....could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    This is what I was going to say, the overwatch voice chat looks solid so there is still hope.
    If its not already been said. But if they make it a battle.net thing. Then you could talk to your guild, friends, etc in another game while you played say wow.

I hope that its external to the games like through the launcher or something.

So how does one even try this? I'll bite the bullet and fiddle with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    So how does one even try this? I'll bite the bullet and fiddle with it.
    they've fixed it ; /

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    People still use ventrillo? Worst chat device there is
    dude..... Skype....

I bet your going to get so many quote notifications of people telling you the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Hopefully Blizz will get this right so there'll be no more need to have half a dozen voice apps (Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Skype, Raidcall, Dolby Axon, Mumble, Curse...) depending on who's using what for whatever pug or guild you're in.

Actually, there were several openings looking for System Engineers knowledgeable on PSTN transformation and IMS on Blizzard's career page back in early June 2015. I thought they were trying to improve the voice-chat in WoW, it seems they are setting their VoIP infrastructure for the whole Battle.Net

Guess we will see.

I think we should all feel obliged to take the words of random strangers about entirely new features when these people take the time to write such in-depth essays on the reasoning behind their conclusion and feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    im not sure whats more sad - blizzard bring back voicechat or people still using ventrilo.
    Works perfectly fine. This snobbery with voice coms reminds me of the snobbery around 4k resolution. "Lol people still play at 1080p? So worthless!".