Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    This one is not a JRPG, no matter how you slice it. It is a tab target mmo with hotbar attacks with Final Fantasy flavor throughout.
    It's a second generation MMO wrapped up in JRPG clothes. It's still got many of the hallmarks of JRPG's, from a story that delves into the absurd at times, to the sterotypical over the top JRPG characters (barber dude), to a lot of character tropes that are very common/popular in JRPG's.

That's not a bad thing though. It's sorta like a diet JRPG, which works for both folks that like JRPG's and some that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    this is stupid, Squareenix is a Japanese RPG gaming company, all of their final fantasy series have been JRPG no matter which way you slice it,
    JRPG does not equal anime theme though. If you want to say that then I guess Demon's Soul and Dark souls are also anime themed as they are RPGs that were made in Japan so therefore JRPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a second generation MMO wrapped up in JRPG clothes. It's still got many of the hallmarks of JRPG's, from a story that delves into the absurd at times, to the sterotypical over the top JRPG characters (barber dude), to a lot of character tropes that are very common/popular in JRPG's.

That's not a bad thing though. It's sorta like a diet JRPG, which works for both folks that like JRPG's and some that don't.
    Most violent barber ever. You better hold still or you'll lose your head!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Its not a JRPG.

This is a JRPG:

1.0 was a jrpg. It was nothing but menus.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Its not a JRPG.
    I think that's what they said actually.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Yeah I understand about the 5 million accounts. I still wouldn't be surprised if worldwide there were several million active players. Several typically implies around three, not five. It's just my guesstimation, but with a wildly popular franchise like FF, it's completely possible.
    A recent parsing of the Lodestone using specific criteria designed to find characters active in the month before the data was gathered that are not likely to be bots or spammers (believe it was owning a mount, which they tend not to do) found the estimated number of active players to be between 700k and 800k, which is our best guess right now at subscriber numbers.

That said, and while the 5 million is in some ways a marketing gimmick, it's still impressive as the number was just 4 million around January, and those accounts aren't trials. The million it gained in those several months were sales.

one thing:

Alexander music, forget all the rest!