Quote Originally Posted by Wakaranailol View Post
    Wouldn't the Artifact tree's talents fix that by giving pve mages 4 charges?
    I don't know if Artifact talent tree works in pvp too though since I didn't read much on the entire subject.
    No because both Talents and Artifacts affects PvP as well. That's sort of the problem that now PvP simply has abilities and talents that PvE doesn't, but ALL of PvE has to accommodate PvP. It's bullshit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    No because both Talents and Artifacts affects PvP as well. That's sort of the problem that now PvP simply has abilities and talents that PvE doesn't, but ALL of PvE has to accommodate PvP. It's bullshit.
    Amen and it has been bullshit for years.

And just how is a mage in rated PvP supposed to get 4 FoF procs, does anyone seriously believe they can cast Ebonbolt freely? Let alone then find and use 4 FoF procs on a single target where it would make an impact before they start dropping off? If a frost mage is able to pull that off in rated PvP then that mage was playing very well or the opposition wasn't.

Here's a thought, don't let a Frost Mage cast an Ebonbolt in PvP.

If Blizzard must absoultely do something, remove the 2 FoF procs from Ebonbolt when used against a player.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Here's a thought, don't let a Frost Mage cast an Ebonbolt in PvP.

If Blizzard must absoultely do something, remove the 2 FoF procs from Ebonbolt when used against a player.
    Pretty much and easy fix. You'll never get an EB in PvP. It's like casting Chaos Bolt for a Destro Lock.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Wording changes on the front page indicate that Blink possibly no longer removes stuns and snares, even un-talented. It might just be a datamining error from that talent, though.

Deleted
    I hope it's true, a 15 sec. Stun Trinket was over the top for all these years.

...but as you guessed, it's probably only some kind of an error.

Fire's Artifact ability default passive and actives now read:

Phoenix's Flames: Hurls a Phoenix that causes [ 1 + 350% of Spell Power ] Fire damage to its primary target and splashes [ 150% of Spell Power ] damage to enemies within 4 yards. (Instant, 3 Charges, 45 second recharge).
    Phoenix Reborn: Ignited targets have a chance to erupt in flame, dealing 0 damage and reducing the cooldown of Phoenix's Flame by 2 sec.

There's still no terribly compelling reason to hold on to charges of Phoenix's Flames, but I guess you'd want to hover at two whenever possible to utilise procs.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Spec swapping costs changed. 0, 19, 39, 58, 78g, sliding up and down like the traditional spec change at a trainer costs. Primary still free to swap to.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2016-03-17 at 11:59 PM.

Still have no idea why there needs to be a penalty for swapping specs. For years they've been slowly crumbling on their original stance and allowing spec swapping for less effort/investment. At this point I guess its just supposed to be a gold sink or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    At this point I guess its just supposed to be a gold sink or something?
    That sounds possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Wording changes on the front page indicate that Blink possibly no longer removes stuns and snares, even un-talented. It might just be a datamining error from that talent, though.
    wording removed from the spell, can still blink stuns however (without the shimmer talent)

flamestrike animation works now, new dragons breath animation seems unfinished? also no more kael'thas orbs for fire mages, sadface
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-03-18 at 12:27 AM.

Phoenix Reborn: Ignited targets have a chance to erupt in flame, dealing 0 damage and reducing the cooldown of Phoenix's Flame by 2 sec.
    Is this ability based on chance? Does that mean there will be times where Phoenix Reborn will do nothing at all if the RNG was crap?

Is this ability based on chance? Does that mean there will be times where Phoenix Reborn will do nothing at all if the RNG was crap?
    Still better than getting 0 crit Pyroblasts for Combustions

Phoenix Reborn is now a passive, it has a chance to proc every time ignite ticks on any target. The active ability is Phoenix Flames.

Bugged on MMO-C. Wowhead only shows a change on Shimmer with no change on Blink. A ton of tooltips got updated though, just wording better.

Anyone else annoyed that Pyretic Incantation is still around, and as a Major, too? Fire is getting shafted hardcore on the traits.

Phoenix Reborn is now a passive, it has a chance to proc every time ignite ticks on any target. The active ability is Phoenix Flames.
    It makes sense now that it is a passive. Seeing the 60 seconds cooldown on the homepage I thought it was an activate ability. So that means it can't occur more than once every 60 seconds?

I think the cooldown is just a leftover from when it was an active ability, I'd just ignore it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in case anyone was curious about the removal of "replaces Blink" text from Shimmer:
    Text indicating which ability is replaced by a talent is now part of the talent UI instead of the description.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/710607809390313473

Also in case anyone was curious about the removal of "replaces Blink" text from Shimmer:

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...07809390313473
    Well that explains the super-massive overhaul to ability description wording.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that Pyretic Incantation is still around, and as a Major, too? Fire is getting shafted hardcore on the traits.
    I'm hoping now that they've gone through the very important process of fixing the spelling and grammar of half the spells in the game they will actually get around to working on the artifact traits now, both minor and major, and fix their tooltips too.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    I hope it's true, a 15 sec. Stun Trinket was over the top for all these years.
    come on, now, them's fightin' words 'round here :P it'd be like going on over to the druid forums and complaining about how an immunity to polymorph and a no-cooldown root/snare-break have been "over the top all these years".

Rogues have stealth, mages have blink, druids have shapeshift, shammies have totems (bur), paladins have bubble, hunters have ghostcrawler's legacy, warriors have affirmative action, and so on.

and, honestly, regardless of whether it's a bug or a feature, at the end of the day it's just another alpha build. It'll get tested and something better will follow next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    come on, now, them's fightin' words 'round here :P it'd be like going on over to the druid forums and complaining about how an immunity to polymorph and a no-cooldown root/snare-break have been "over the top all these years".
    I mean, to be fair... that did get nerfed too.

- - - Updated - - -

Some reassurances on Blink:
    Assuming you’re talking about the stun break—this is a tooltip error. The stun break has not been changed.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/710643065468297216
    This is correct; Shimmer does not break stuns.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/710894992026259456