Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so then you are admitting the first two shots was unjustified man exiting a vehicle with hands raised isn't a threat to justify use of deadly force
    Except he was literally asking for it. Not exactly the sign of a sane man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You seriously just quoted me saying he did something other than reach his hand in his jacket at the time of the initial two shots.
    and that something is hands raised because that is what is showed in the cell vid and hands raised when he leaves the cell phone vid and clearly shows hands raised in the aerial vid
    so are you arguing it is justified to shot at someone with hands raised

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Except he was literally asking for it. Not exactly the sign of a sane man.
    when is asking to be shot justification to shot?

10+ Year Old Account
    ok right at 5;30 when the first two shot fired doesn't show in either the aerial vid or the cell phone vid him reaching into his jacket for a gun. that is when the first two shot were fired
    Yes, fired right as he's exiting, when he doesn't yet have his hands up and there's no hint (yet) that he might not be continuing to attack officers. They stop firing when he puts his hands up. And then shoot again when he fumbles for his gun.

so it is clear they shot at him twice with his hands raised
    Not if you look at the actual videos, no. It's very clear he DIDN'T have his hands raised for any length of time when those shots were fired.

then what makes it even worse they started shooting at the truck when the passengers not being any threat hunkered down praying for their lives
    The officers have no way to know the passengers aren't a threat. At best, their aiding and abetting a dangerous criminal.

And they were shooting at the truck to stop it. Because, again, a dangerous criminal was fleeing arrest. Why haven't you complained about police doing the same thing any of the other hundreds of times it's been done?

you dam well know if these was anybody other some right wingers if they was black hispanic gays what ever you all would be losing your mind and foaming at the mouth
    Literally the only people bringing race into this is you and people like you.

The rest of us aren't being inconsistent, at all.

no it doesn't I pinpointed right when the first two shots fired right at 5;30 doesn't show in either the aerial vid or the cell phone vid him reaching into his jacket for a gun.
    If you watch the synced video, this is clearly incorrect. Camera's on him when those shots are fired.

Edit: Since you won't believe me, if I told you the sky was blue, here's a screencap at 5:30. From this point, I pressed "play" again, the gunshots occurred about a half second after. As you can see, in the red circle, camera's already panned back up to the truck and Finicum exiting.

We can absolutely see what was happening.

You can also clearly see that Finicum does not have his hands raised, at this point, unlike your earlier claims. The one arm we can clearly see is pointed downwards.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-03-18 at 02:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    so then you are admitting the first two shots was unjustified man exiting a vehicle with hands raised isn't a threat to justify use of deadly force
    Nope. Was that in anything I said? Nope, you made it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

The officers have no way to know the passengers aren't a threat.
    And they were non lethal rounds to blow out the windows so they can see inside..
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

On the one hand I feel like officers in the US are too quick to use lethal force, which should be an absolute last resort.

On the other, this guy asked for it. Literally.

The comparison to shootings like Ferguson is pretty obtuse. This guy was armed and supporting an armed insurrection against the US government, illegal occupying government property with their guns out and basically telling the federal government "come get us". The kid in the Ferguson shooting was unarmed.

so it is justified to shot some one that tell you to shot them?
    It clearly violates his Second Amendment right to bear a bullet inside his skull! You fascist!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

guy obviously too chicken to commit suicide so decided to get someone else to deal with the burden...

Yes, fired right as he's exiting, when he doesn't yet have his hands up and there's no hint (yet) that he might not be continuing to attack officers. They stop firing when he puts his hands up. And then shoot again when he fumbles for his gun.
    wrong shot at 5;30 right when the widow shatters you can see him with hands raised outside the truck right in front of the passenger window

Not if you look at the actual videos, no. It's very clear he DIDN'T have his hands raised for any length of time when those shots were fired.
    5;30 cell phone vid hands raised cant make it out in the aerial vid till 5;31 then you can clearly make it out in that vid hand raised

The officers have no way to know the passengers aren't a threat. At best, their aiding and abetting a dangerous criminal.
    so now you are claiming you can shot some one exiting the vehicle don't have to wait for them to show an immanent threat

And they were shooting at the truck to stop it. Because, again, a dangerous criminal was fleeing arrest. Why haven't you complained about police doing the same thing any of the other hundreds of times it's been done?
    shooting at a vehicle with people in the back seat not showing any threat to stop a stopped truck got it

Literally the only people bringing race into this is you and people like you.
    because with your and other SJWs on this forum history being out raged when a minority gets shot when they was a clear threat to the police or others and then saying it is justified when it clearly shows a man getting shot at with hands raised cant be explained any other way

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Now, if he was black and had just robbed a store, and was reaching for the officers gun, then this would be awful, and could
    maybe have spawned some sort of movement.
    Ouch that sounds racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

We can absolutely see what was happening.

You can also clearly see that Finicum does not have his hands raised, at this point, unlike your earlier claims. The one arm we can clearly see is pointed downwards.
    pointed downwards? pointed out to his side horizontal like in the process of being raised cant make shit out in the aerial vid till about a second later and that clearly shows hands up

Well, he asked for it. Good thing the others made it out ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    wrong shot at 5;30 right when the widow shatters you can see him with hands raised outside the truck right in front of the passenger window
    Yes, he's out there.

No, his hands are not raised at that point. And the officers certainly haven't had enough time to process that his hands were raised and make any decision to stop firing.

so now you are claiming you can shot some one exiting the vehicle don't have to wait for them to show an immanent threat
    I don't think you understand what "imminent" means. He absolutely posed an imminent and ongoing threat.

shooting at a vehicle with people in the back seat not showing any threat to stop a stopped truck got it
    At best, they know the people in the back seat were supporting a dangerous and armed criminal flee from justice, and had every reason to assume (correctly, in this case) that they were also armed.

And yes; firing at the truck was justified.

because with your and other SJWs on this forum history being out raged when a minority gets shot when they was a clear threat to the police or others and then saying it is justified when it clearly shows a man getting shot at with hands raised cant be explained any other way
    And now you're just ranting irrationally about your most recent boogeyman, the "SJW".

I've never taken a position of "outrage" whenever a minority happens to get shot. I consider the evidence in each case. In this case, that evidence is overwhelmingly damning of Finicum and justifies this shooting.

pointed downwards? pointed out to his side horizontal like in the process of being raised cant make shit out in the aerial vid till about a second later and that clearly shows hands up
    It's clearly not raised at that moment, regardless of what it might be later on. And again; police officers can't pause reality to scrutinize the situation; they're reacting in real time, and a half-second isn't enough time to register that he's raising his hands. Certainly not when they have no reason to expect him to surrender, since he's still not complying with police orders at this time.

And this is all under the assumption they were firing at him, which you still haven't established, since he wasn't hit, and they ceased firing when they recognized that his hands were raised.

Until he tried to draw a weapon to kill an officer, and then they put him down.

Endus, was this shooting more or less justified than that of Michael Brown?
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Whether it's justified or not is a binary state. It's like asking if Woman A is more pregnant or less pregnant than Woman B; there are only two options.

The evidence available at this point to the public is far clearer than it was in the Brown case, before the trial, however. We have not one but two videos (rather than zero), the testimony of not one officer but a host of them, and basically no contradictory accounts of events, other than those that can be immediately discarded because they don't match the video.

It's kind of a silly point to raise, though, when I've stated multiple times already that I agree that the Brown shooting was justified.

It was more justified than half the infractions he gives out. Then you have posts like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    He was a good 'ol boy who didn't do nothin'.
    If it was "dindu nuffin'" he would have gotten an infraction, but seeing as he's mocking a white criminal it makes it okay. Nice double standard.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Then you have posts like this: If it was "dindu nuffin'" he would have gotten an infraction, but seeing as he's mocking a white criminal it makes it okay. Nice double standard.
    Im going to have to agree.

Its so surreal watching you guys ask Endus multiple times if he thinks the Mike Brown shooting was justified, him saying it was multiple times, and you screaming about double standards anyway.

Its like you're both posting to two separate, parallel universe forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzidu View Post
    Its so surreal watching you guys ask Endus multiple times if he thinks the Mike Brown shooting was justified, him saying it was multiple times, and you screaming about double standards anyway.

It's easier to win an argument when you tell your opponent what their position is.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Like you are talking about 2 different issues?

Like you are talking about 2 different issues?
    You're about the seventh guy to ask him his position on Mike Brown in this thread and then to bitch about double standards when he says yes. I haven't even touched the silliness of complaining about a lack of moderation on people making 'didn't do nuffin' jokes, mostly because its yet another mad scramble to race bait in an attempt to desperately catch someone in a double standard.

Which is this entire thread in a nutshell, really.

You're about the seventh guy to ask him his position on Mike Brown in this thread and then to bitch about double standards when he says yes. I haven't even touched the silliness of complaining about a lack of moderation on people making 'didn't do nuffin' jokes, mostly because its yet another mad scramble to race bait in an attempt to desperately catch someone in a double standard.

Which is this entire thread in a nutshell, really.
    My bad, sorry not to be clear in quoting the important part. Im clear on his position on Michael Brown.