Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old content is old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    low level dungeons has never been meant to be challenging ever
    Well, sign-up says 2010, so I won't say spoken like someone who never tried them, but... spoken like someone who has forgotten that you used to be able to wipe quite easily in pre-cata Deadmines.

Deleted
    If you had decent gear, you could solo dungeons very well with several classes during the earlier years of WoW.

Only difference was you'd have more downtime between fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I completly understand your point, that is why they should make "Potions or buffs" to give you more Experiance.
    Not give you SUPER OVER POWERED GEAR... that runins the game for your self and everyone else.

I was leveling just Chilling, and then a heirloom guy came... and just killed each and every mob for my quest, it took him 10seconds and he had leveled and entire cave.... no more mobs... so this Hurts all the players...

"players who have don it 10 times" should get a Super Experiance buff... but not super Stats....
    While I appreciate your opinion and although its just that, your opinion, please don't try tell me what ruins the game for me, you don't have a clue what I like or dislike or what anyone else likes or dislikes, you speak for yourself and thats it.

Personally I like heirlooms and no if you have heirlooms its not meant to be hard there meant to make things easier.

Want it harder .. then don't use em.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

They should just make all of the exp increases from heirlooms a buff you can activate, similar to the safari hat.

Leave the actual heirlooms in game as transmog items only.

Frankly I despised the leveling in this game, having done it recently for the HS achievement my mind was rotting just getting to LFD.

Honestly I say:

1. Make LFD possible from level 10 onwards since RFC was technically level 10+
    2. Dramatically reduce the amount of xp required to even "get" to level 10, since honestly leveling at this point is a redundant content, much like raiding is rapidly growing to become.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    I know more about game design than you ever will. I've actually talked to industry veterans and beginners alike. If you can't tell what pandering is, then I can't help you, you're clearly clueless. Intentionally dumbing down the game to get more casuals into the game is pandering. Fact. You, again, prove that you are clueless because you can't realize that the vast majority of people playing the game have different playstyles and tastes, and that when you pander, you cannot possibly pander to everyone or even a majority, hence the remaining majority being displeased.

Not sure who you are, but you seem to be stalking me. You're begging for an ignore, so I'll oblige.
    I would go with, give some proof of this "knowledge of game design", all I see in your post is a vague statement you "talked" to industry veteran and beginners.. which means little.

And the way you type in a derogatory manner detracts from any credibility you may have ... dumbing down the game to pander to casuals? if you had a clue you'd realise that its realistically targeting there largest customer base as there's more casual players than anything else and please tell me what sane company would not market to suite there largest customer base?...... you cannot keep everyone happy so you design to what you think the MOST people will enjoy, anything else is economically cutting your throat as well and poor practice
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    They certainly werent as big of a fucking joke as they are now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    I would go with, give some proof of this "knowledge of game design", all I see in your post is a vague statement you "talked" to industry veteran and beginners.. which means little.

And the way you type in a derogatory manner detracts from any credibility you may have ... dumbing down the game to pander to casuals? if you had a clue you'd realise that its realistically targeting there largest customer base as there's more casual players than anything else and please tell me what sane company would not market to suite there largest customer base?...... you cannot keep everyone happy so you design to what you think the MOST people will enjoy, anything else is economically cutting your throat as well and poor practice
    Casual doesnt = complete shit at the game and enjoy zero challenge. Just FYI.

Deleted
    If you want challenge, do the ironman challenge... I did it with warrior and got up to lvl 13 and riped to a caster mob.
    If I want to level up my 12th character to lvl 100, I would tend to not give a flying fuck about someone raping trought the low lvl instance...

OR if you want the challenge, make a character, get on some heirlooms and go solo the instances. I recently did that with pala and it was really fun and yes I was wiping at some bosses/ trash packs (monks in Scarlet monastery hit like truck)

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    If you want challenge, do the ironman challenge... I did it with warrior and got up to lvl 13 and riped to a caster mob.
    If I want to level up my 12th character to lvl 100, I would tend to not give a flying fuck about someone raping trought the low lvl instance...

OR if you want the challenge, make a character, get on some heirlooms and go solo the instances. I recently did that with pala and it was really fun and yes I was wiping at some bosses/ trash packs (monks in Scarlet monastery hit like truck)
    Ironman on a Warrior is not a challenge, it's just broken gameplay, of course at level 13 you died just like any pre Cata questing Warrior would have died many times to casters. Ironman on a Hunter though for example is still easier than pre Cata levelling.

When people say they want a challenge you dont have to take that they want their levelling experience to be like a super punishing Mythic raid, there is an absolutely huge middle ground to explore between "1-shotting mobs and doing the dps of a raid geared TBC lvl70 @ lvl30" and "Levelling as a Warrior in only white gear with talent no spec".

When you can clear all content on complete autopilot and one-shot everything in your path without ever evaluating a situation, or without reading quest texts, without thinking about how you're going to solo a difficult or group quest... It becomes a super shallow and flavourless experience when none of this is part of the game..

Of course this would be relevant if dungeons didn't make questing completely obsolete prior to Outland, fact is that Questing is a terribly innefficient way of levelling these days due to all the bonus xp from dungeons and quest givers now inside the instances.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

That is a great point of view and all, and I'm sorry your game experience was ruined but your only looking it from your point of view. I've done every classic dungeon a bunch of times, I bought heirlooms so I can level quicker and be done with it already, which I can assume the tank did as well. He zerged it quickly so he could level quickly which is the entire point of heirlooms. Just because you wanted it to go slower, doesn't mean that he didn't want it to go faster.

Since new players will get a free level 100 character anyway why does it matter that the low level dungeon challenge is too easy? Somehow I don't think the group of "new players that level from 100-110 then play an alt, get bored and never return" would consist of many people or at least enough people to warrant a change.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

WoW isn't an MMO anymore. Its a raiding game. They've destroyed leveling, PvP, and social interaction. You are supposed to go raid 1-3 times per week. All of the expertise in WoW is focused on making raids as great as they can be. Then they rummage around in the idea bin and throw a few things out there for people to do when not raiding (SunSong Ranch, pet battles, Garrisons). That's it!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    Running Deadmines when the tank is in full heirloom gear.

http://i.imgur.com/UuedhQX.gif
    That is so perfectly accurate. +1

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Heirlooms ruin a lot of the fun of the early experience, but by design you can only acquire heirlooms after you have levelled at least one character the proper way. So if you don't like them don't use them?

I used to hate what heirlooms did to low-level PvP/Battlegrounds, but that actually corrected this, maybe not completely, but it is a lot better now. Heirloom gear is no where near as over-powered as it used to be.

Levelling from 1-100/110 is annoying if you just want to start playing with your friends so all in all I think heirlooms aren't perfect, but they're pretty damn necessary.

This guy's gotta be trolling. He puts quotation marks in weird spots as if speaking sarcastically, didn't put an end quote on one such quotation mark usage, and parts are spelled poorly and borderline incoherent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Even in classic I remember Shamans tanking the first few dungeons.

Mind you it was a little harder than it currently is but by non means it was challenging.
    In vanilla you could easily wipe on very early dungeons, like wailing caverns or stockades. People had to be on their toes

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I agree that Heirlooms ruin a lot of the fun of the early experience, but by design you can only acquire heirlooms after you have levelled at least one character the proper way. So if you don't like them don't use them?
    That's pretty meaningless when you get into a group where everybody else is heirloomed out and everything dies before you cast one spell.

Even more importantly, people somehow think everything is easy because they're just so great, and not because of the heirlooms, which contributes to poor behaviour, which is then compounded by the fact that they don't actually need anybody else in the group due to heirlooms being overpowered, so they get even more self-absorbed and nasty.

Heirlooms are part of the root of a LOT of problems this game has.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you never played in vanilla you can't make this statement.