Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Legion Warrior Artifact Questline

Haven't seen anyone talking about it, so I went ahead and took a few screenshots and thought I'd make a short write-up for anyone not on the Alpha.

Whereas before the initial quest was offered by a Mysterious Raven and pointed you to Havi, a previously unknown Vrykul at the Legerdemain Lounge, who then further directed you to join up with a group of Vrykul heroes on the Broken Shore, today's Alpha build introduced something new.

That initial quest is now offered by a faction dependent character: Eitirgg for the Horde or Sergeant Dalton for the Alliance, who directs you to speak with either Overlord Saurfang or Danath Trollbane, located at Krasus Landing. The relevant faction champion gives you a story about fighting on the Broken Shore before heading out with the player in tow.

Unfortunately, this is where the divergence ends. The Broken Shore scenario is still inhabited by Vrykul, while Trollbane and Saurfang are nowhere to be found, and the events seem to be unchanged. Obviously this is a work in progress, and I'm sure we'll see further updates, but I think it's a very interesting change that helps draw more connection between the inevitable Vrykul/Halls of Valor and the player faction. At the very least, heading off to the Broken Shore in the company of Saurfang/Trollbane is much more plausible than running off to die because a random Vrykul told you so.

Screenshots

Alliance

Thanks for posting.

Looks cool. Saurfang has nice dialogue and nice to see Danath again. Kinda wish Danath had dialogue too if just for what he thinks of Stromgarde in its current state.

A good step in the right direction. Was worried it would be all vrykul and titans all the time. Wonder if this is at all motivated by player response.

Danath needs better looking armor though. He at least shouldnt look like a common footsoldier.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Thanks for posting.

Looks cool. Saurfang has nice dialogue and nice to see Danath again. Kinda wish Danath had dialogue too if just for what he thinks of Stromgarde in its current state.
    Can assume much of it is still a work in progress, though I don't expect to see much non-quest related text out of them. Still, I'm happy to see the inclusion of Trollbane. I actually posted about him a couple of weeks ago, WRT still being stuck in Outland for no discernible reason.

More than that though, I really like that it presumably ties the player factions into the Class Hall. Obviously the scenario hasn't seen any changes yet, but the major piece of feedback that's been given is that the Halls of Valor only apply to Vrykul, and have no real connection with Warriors of the playable faction. They could potentially take this in a lot of directions, either allowing the inclusion of non-Vrykul into Valhalla, or at the very least giving us a good reason to be in the situation on the Broken Shore to begin with.

Very cool, will be good to see what changes come to the scenario, hopefully the halls themselves. Always good to roll with Saurfang, though hopefully this doesn't mean they plan on killing him. That would suck.

Not called the "Halls of Valor" any more by the way.

It's Skyhold

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Not called the "Halls of Valor" any more by the way.

It's Skyhold
    Maybe they will try to make use of the Skylord title after all.

I have high hopes that we will get some really big changes, maybe even a completely reworked Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Calith- View Post

I have high hopes that we will get some really big changes, maybe even a completely reworked Hall.
    I'd love that, the whole bright heaven class hall doesn't sit right with Warriors imo

When I first heard about Class Halls, I was honestly expecting an updated Fray Island, with very dark mead halls for Warriors, not this Paladin-ish heavenly hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Caargon View Post
    Very cool, will be good to see what changes come to the scenario, hopefully the halls themselves. Always good to roll with Saurfang, though hopefully this doesn't mean they plan on killing him. That would suck.
    Unless they plan on changing it, Saurfang becomes the new leader of the Orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calith- View Post

I doubt they'll change it too much, they've already cemented the Odyn/Vrykul concept and put a lot of fluff into it. We'll see some changes to the scenario, and a better introduction to the Vrykul, but I expect it will play out the same way in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Unless they plan on changing it, Saurfang becomes the new leader of the Orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt they'll change it too much, they've already cemented the Odyn/Vrykul concept and put a lot of fluff into it. We'll see some changes to the scenario, and a better introduction to the Vrykul, but I expect it will play out the same way in the end.
    That's what it seems like, maybe they're redoing some of it to add some known characters into the questline like almost every other artifact questline has, as well as cement the Vrykul lore or present it in a better way.

I think a decent middle ground would be to keep what they have, for the most part, and just add dozens of warrior NPCs to "Skyhold." Then change quest text to no longer support this "you're the only living warrior here" garbage, and just make it a fucking CLASS HALL. Would require a little text rework and adding some NPCs and that's about it. Hall would still suck in a lot of ways, but would be far superior to us crashing Vrykul heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    I think a decent middle ground would be to keep what they have, for the most part, and just add dozens of warrior NPCs to "Skyhold." Then change quest text to no longer support this "you're the only living warrior here" garbage, and just make it a fucking CLASS HALL. Would require a little text rework and adding some NPCs and that's about it. Hall would still suck in a lot of ways, but would be far superior to us crashing Vrykul heaven.
    Agreed, pretty much what I was getting at.

Every other class hall is filled with representatives of other races. Thats all i really want. Worgen and Orcs training together. Blood Elves and Gnomes talkig strategy. A Pandaren teaching the Vrykul some moves etc...

I've said it before, our class hall is very different from every single other class hall in many ways, few of them good.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    It would have been really awesome if the story was spun in such a way that Odyn watched the valiant last stand of Varyan and Voljin when they fought on the broken shores against overwhelming demon forces, and is moved to make an exception to take them to Skyhold.

Also is impressed by seeing non-vrykul fight like that, so decides to allow other races into Skyhold. Then we'd have at least two really cool and important lore characters in our class hall.. but we can't have nice things can we.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2016-03-18 at 11:42 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

This is good, I don't care where our class hall is or what it is, but I want what every other class is getting, All the famous people of there class banding together to fight the legion

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    It would have been really awesome if the story was spun in such a way that Odyn watched the valiant last stand of Varyan and Voljin when they fought on the broken shores against overwhelming demon forces, and is moved to make an exception to take them to Skyhold.

Also is impressed by seeing non-vrykul fight like that, so decides to allow other races into Skyhold. Then we'd have at least two really cool and important lore characters in our class hall.. but we can't have nice things can we.
    Vol'Jin doesnt die, the idea only works that well if a Horde warrior dies.

- - - Updated - - -

So long as we're talking about warrior flavor

This is our portal to our class hall now

Every other class has it guarded by PC races of their class. Ours, by a Valkyrie.

Once more hitting on that big issue in that it looks like a paladin thing and not warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Once more hitting on that big issue in that it looks like a paladin thing and not warrior.
    Or Priest. I really love the Valkyrie - always thought they looked awesome since LK came out. I went through the effort of getting the pet one even though it took a week or two, because they look so awesome. But never once have I associated them with warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post

FWIW, the charactes don't necessarily need to die to go there. The Vrykul do, yes, but we've already established that it's possible for living, non-Vrykul to go there with Odyn's blessing.

FWIW, the charactes don't necessarily need to die to go there. The Vrykul do, yes, but we've already established that it's possible for living, non-Vrykul to go there with Odyn's blessing.
    Sure. Just do away with the "YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE" tripe, because PC is not the only terrifying monster in the world.

But everyone is the chosen one for there class