Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love class and have been playing it pretty hard since the PvP was dropped on Alpha.

My biggest complaint with the class is that its too fun & will likely receive nerfs for PvE/PvP that'll just gut the class & what makes it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    I love class and have been playing it pretty hard since the PvP was dropped on Alpha.

My biggest complaint with the class is that its too fun & will likely receive nerfs for PvE/PvP that'll just gut the class & what makes it fun.
    I have a feeling that pvp will cause an extreme nerf in their mobility. Hopefully they will figure out a way to compromise and not lose out on the coolness of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post

I am hoping they're not nerfed too hard for pvp because that's one of the reasons I want to main a DH in this xpac. They seem like they're going to either be really strong or really weak when it comes to bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    I guess i'm in the minority here, but i've been pretty damn certain i''ll be rerolling DH since they were announced.
    It's the one class i've always wanted to be since seeing Demon Hunter npcs in TBC, and ever since i've prayed we'd get another legion themed expansion that would bring the class.
    I'm in the same boat as you mate. Have wanted to play as a DH since TBC and the moment they announced them as a playable class, I was convinced I'd re-roll .

Only seen videos so far as I have no access to Alpha, so can't judge the class too well yet, however.

Deleted
    I'll be trying it out! I'm not really committed to one class, i'll play one for a tier then maybe swap or if one turns out really strong mid tier ill try and swap to it without hurting progress. I'm excited for DH

definitely going to try it out. but i'm a bit fed up with new melee classes... wish there was a caster specc.

2 specs. Wears leather (should've been mail). Edgelord as fuck. Already tired of people running around on warriors, hunters, and rogues RPing as Demonhunters. Not interested.

Currently the class is OP in pvp. I think it will most definetly get nerfed. It has the best mobility and score the highest melee parses... expect a nerf, cant have both mobility and top dps.

I have played it since start of beta, jumping around etc, gets old fast. It is a class that will appeal to anyone that want to be optimal using 2 buttons, 1 dot and another 2 for burst dps. Not very very in depth and intense gameplay. In my opinion simple weak auras will enable anyone to play it optimally.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The DH looks alright, I'll try one out but I don't see myself playing one much. I already have a druid, rogue, and monk. I'm not convinced I need another leather user, unless they turn out to be really interesting or fun to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    In my opinion simple weak auras will enable anyone to play it optimally.
    In all fairness this holds true for many specs.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was quited hyped when it came out, but not being in the alpha gives me very little to say about them

I assume it's like that for many people; without actual experience it's very difficult to comment. For the other classes we have experience from live.

I've changed main four times I believe, from druid to shaman to druid to paladin to monk. I'd quite like to switch to DH, but will wait on the week of advance play one gets until I really decide.

I'm interested in playing it, but I don't have alpha (of course I don't -_-) so I don't know what they're like at the moment. Would I reroll? I'm not sure. Not too thrilled about destro warlock in its current alpha (looking at talents etc) but I'm having a hard time enjoying new classes.

Changing mains - np. I'm not that attatched and Ive abandoned previous mains earlier, such as shaman, priest and dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I can't even see a reason for DHs to be in the game at all, so yeah. Why exactly did we need another agility/melee/leather?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Just checked out Rets and oh man they look amazing in comparison. So much more depth. Complete, full rotations with multiple offensive cooldowns. Multiple defensive options and great, interesting support spells. The talent choices are compelling and I want to try playing with most of 'em. After the prune, they seem better than ever.

To be perfectly honest, i fail to understand all this criticism now.

I love the class and the looks and the dark powered heroes, so after the announce i was super hyped. Then i lost 90% of the interest because, let's face it, they were TERRIBLE. I for one am of the opinion that you cannot show a class that lacks... everything. Talents. Abilities. Levels. Artifact Perks. If you do so, that "lacking" first impression takes roots into people's mind, and then is hard to shake it off... which is exactly what is happening in this thread imho.

YES, DHs were bad, and boring, as bad and boring as ANY class would be with half their actual ability toolkit and no talents. It was a mistake to show them in such a poor state.
    NOW, however, things have changed. A lot. Rotation is significantly improved, talents add viable rotational options that seem on par with each other and change the gameplay drastically, giving the same spec complete differences depending on talent choices, which is more than can be said for the majority of "old and well iterated classes".
    Criticisms on Meta are the ones that i understand even less: it looks amazing, more that can be said from the majority of cds; it changes the gameplay quite a lot, giving AoE capabilities to the spec's main nuke AND adding damage instead of just doing the latter... which is what most classes' cds usually do; it has good interactions with the talent tree, making you even more beastly and totally unkillable while under Meta and allowing for constant awsome short transformations, making it almost a rotational thing. What's not to love?
    Last edited by The Archmage; 2016-03-21 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true, I haven't been as excited for this class as I have been for the previous 2. The DH will likely be the first new class to come out in which I won't be jumping in the bandwagon of when it comes out. I'll likely be sticking to my Monk in Legion. I will definitely make one as an alt though.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Demon View Post
    To be perfectly honest, i fail to understand all this criticism now.

I love the class and the looks and the dark powered heroes, so after the announce i was super hyped. Then i lost 90% of the interest because, let's face it, they were TERRIBLE. I for one am of the opinion that you cannot show a class that lacks... everything. Talents. Abilities. Levels. Artifact Perks. If you do so, that "lacking" first impression takes roots into people's mind, and then is hard to shake it off... which is exactly what is happening in this thread imho.

YES, DHs were bad, and boring, as bad and boring as ANY class would be with half their actual ability toolkit and no talents. It was a mistake to show them in such a poor state.
    NOW, however, things have changed. A lot. Rotation is significantly improved, talents add viable rotational options that seem on par with each other and change the gameplay drastically, giving the same spec complete differences depending on talent choices, which is more than can be said for the majority of "old and well iterated classes".
    Criticisms on Meta are the ones that i understand even less: it looks amazing, more that can be said from the majority of cds; it changes the gameplay quite a lot, giving AoE capabilities to the spec's main nuke AND adding damage instead of just doing the latter... which is what most classes' cds usually do; it has good interactions with the talent tree, making you even more beastly and totally unkillable while under Meta and allowing for constant awsome short transformations, making it almost a rotational thing. What's not to love?
    Let me explain my point of view, as somebody who was initially very excited about DHs.
    They were so cool in my imagination. High mobility, double jump, a built in goblin glider, and awesome customization? They'd really have to screw the rest up to make this anything but awesome. The thing is, they did.
    The class is overall just very disjointed. It lacks an overarching theme and any sort of significant interplay between abilities.
    There's the resource, fury, and it plays only a very minor role. The rotation is laughable and even if you upgrade it, it fails to engage. Then there's the rest of the abilities, most of them small cooldowns, all of them quite cool individually... But the only thing that connects them are their fel green visuals! It is as if the designers were brainstorming for cool abilities and duct-taped all their ideas onto the new class!
    A consistent gameplay theme does not exist. Warriors work around rage/procs, rogues have combo points, DKs rely on runes/runic power, warlocks spend soulshards/mana...
    I realize that many people will be ok with the current design, they'll have lots of fun with their DH in the months to come.
    Not me, though. The DH could be so much cooler (and by cooler I mean by my personal standarts, obviously), it saddens me a bit that they've wasted this opportunity.
    (Although I must admit that Vengeance look better in this regard!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    Let me explain my point of view, as somebody who was initially very excited about DHs.
    They were so cool in my imagination. High mobility, double jump, a built in goblin glider, and awesome customization? They'd really have to screw the rest up to make this anything but awesome. The thing is, they did.
    The class is overall just very disjointed. It lacks an overarching theme and any sort of significant interplay between abilities.
    There's the resource, fury, and it plays only a very minor role. The rotation is laughable and even if you upgrade it, it fails to engage. Then there's the rest of the abilities, most of them small cooldowns, all of them quite cool individually... But the only thing that connects them are their fel green visuals! It is as if the designers were brainstorming for cool abilities and duct-taped all their ideas onto the new class!
    A consistent gameplay theme does not exist. Warriors work around rage/procs, rogues have combo points, DKs rely on runes/runic power, warlocks spend soulshards/mana...
    I realize that many people will be ok with the current design, they'll have lots of fun with their DH in the months to come.
    Not me, though. The DH could be so much cooler (and by cooler I mean by my personal standarts, obviously), it saddens me a bit that they've wasted this opportunity.
    (Although I must admit that Vengeance look better in this regard!)

Yeah, I wish they would add an extra system other than Fury so it can be a bit more engaging, It's the same for a Prot Pally (from what i've heard) is the fact they just wait for their cooldowns as they don't have their holy power so they aren't restricted or need to push a buttons to get their mitigation up unlike other classes e.g. DK's need to generate runic power for a death strike, Warriors need to generate rage for shield block etc. So this is probably why most people are no longer hyped for them. I myself, Don't mind it so much but i think alot of people will try it and then get bored because it will feel stale. We could get a system like Burning embers that makes it so our abilities fill up these and we use certain skills to use them
    Last edited by Rehok; 2016-03-22 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Yeah, I wish they would add an extra system other than Fury so it can be a bit more engaging, It's the same for a Prot Pally (from what i've heard) is the fact they just wait for their cooldowns as they don't have their holy power so they aren't restricted or need to push a buttons to get their mitigation up unlike other classes e.g. DK's need to generate runic power for a death strike, Warriors need to generate rage for shield block etc. So this is probably why most people are no longer hyped for them. I myself, Don't mind it so much but i think alot of people will try it and then get bored because it will feel stale. We could get a system like Burning embers that makes it so our abilities fill up these and we use certain skills to use them
    So there are two sides of the spectrum to this argument, and I'm not sure which is the majority at this point. Some people say they want a simple rotation that feels fun to perform, while others are looking for that complex rotation that can allow them to still have fun. It almost seems split down the middle to me.

What if the class is simple and feels fun?
    What if the class is complex and feels fun?

In most cases, the high-end raiders would want the one that could potentially provide the highest throughput. Personally speaking (and I'm not an amazing end-game raider, still only 12/13M at the moment), I desire a class that is easy to play, easy to master, and lets me focus 100% of my attention on the mechanics of a fight. The big difference between those two questions comes into play when wondering if I'll ever get bored with the class. I'm sure I will. I have never played a single class in this game that I didn't get bored of. It all comes down to personality and personal desires.

My best argument is this: No rotation in this game is in any way complex enough that it can't be mastered. The only difference between classes and specs is how LONG it takes to completely master it. For me, it takes about a month or two of solid play time to fully understand the ins and outs of a class/spec, and I'm talking talents, stat priority, BiS lists, ability priority, proc management, etc. If this class ends up taking about a week to master all of that, it gives me more time to focus on solidifying gameplay outside of the class itself. I don't see how that is a bad thing. When something is so simple that you don't even have to think about doing it, everything else becomes so much easier.

All of that leads me into my next two questions:

What if the class is simple but DOESN'T feel fun?
    What if the class is complex but DOESN'T feel fun?

These issues stem from a design standpoint. Fun is completely subjective, depending solely on the player playing the class. The major problem is this: you can't make one single thing fun for EVERYONE. You can't. You can try, but you'll fail endlessly in that pursuit. So that is THE most important thing to take away from the class. Is it fun? Hell yeah it is! Have you seen those videos of DHs zooming across maps, popping demon form, and just murking everything in their path? That looks UH-MAZING! Heck, I'd argue that it looks more fun than anything in this game currently, but I could be biased because of the new shiny thing. I could also have a different idea of what fun is. There is too much to consider.

So here is my final thought: Why do people desire complex rotations? Does it feel rewarding to master it? Is overcoming the gameplay challenge something that people desire? Personally, I play games to have fun. If I have to work at anything to make it feel fun, I've lost interest already. Again, this is just my opinion, but this outcry of "more complexity" when the class isn't even fully fleshed out yet is really jarring for those that see the fun in the spec already. What happens if we are required to spend fury on Fel Rush and it is no longer free? That's a rotational change that requires a person to plan ahead, arguably makes a rotation more complex, but is it really fun at that point? Requiring prerequisites for fun is the most optimal way to dissuade somebody from pursuing a game in general. They obviously can't just make it so all of our abilities don't have a cost to them, but it's definitely the best way to look at a rotation from the complexity and "fun" standpoint.

So think about it. This is just one example of how making something more complex can lead to way less fun. Making changes just for the sake of making changes is not something that is to be taken lightly. I know that when I blink on my mage and can't blink again for a while, I'm sad. Now imagine if it was a prerequisite that you had to be at full mana to cast blink. That would take 100% of the fun, in my opinion, out of that spell.

They said they were making a class that was extremely highly mobile. Check. They said they were going to use Demonic powers to decimate their foes. Check. What are they missing? How is this class in any way bad? Compare it to the current classes and then reassess all of your thoughts.

Playstyles are subjective but the fact of the matter is people want to actually think about something while playing their class. More 'complex' doesn't always mean more fun, but there's a nice balance to be had. Me playing a DH or not definitely rests on this fact. For me, i don't want infinite complexity, i just want something else to think about in addition to pressing my abilities and draining a resource. Give me and extra resource. Give me pooling energy. Give me interactions between abilities. Give me a chance to be better than the rest of the players using my class by doing things right is all i want. With the DH there doesn't seem to be very much that can distinguish you from other Demon Hunters.

I seem to remember DK and Monk being similar, then once launch rolled around everybody had one. With the class starting at 98, I think you're going to see a lot of re-rolls. Just my two cents, but everyone seems to be talking about them.