Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    every WoW expansion game intro was more epic than this. i'm not feeling it.

Deleted
    can imagine that too many "regisseurs" work on all these scenes. They differ dramatically in terms of design and graphic. Arguable!

Besides that so epic and i hope they are able to compete with Lord of the Rings (reasonable the movie to compare with). But: consider! Lord of the Rings has a good and easy story: is World of Warcraft capable to deliver that to a for example 50 year old mother who got forced by his child ! Does she understand the (World of) Warcraft story? Other than that it would only be fighting, but if I see the history of (World of) Warcraft, there are more things to consider (important persons) or so, which many people forgot. Dont forget: the movie is called Warcraft, not World of Warcraft. I assume we see more expensions? Would love to see a flyer (handout) in the cinemas to understand the story behind Warcraft (many people dont or didnt even read and play dialogues or RolePlay or quests/small movies and skipped it)

Deleted
    If only humans were CGI ... looks epic,but humans should be CGI.

It's going to bomb so hard, I can't wait to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Find me a person who looks like this

and you'll have a point.
    Will you get someone dressed exactly? No. Close? More likely, which leads to a better immersion. I can tell that dwarf is fake, hell, trim the hair and starve him for awhile, and you got Dobby from Harry Potter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    @All the people who think the movie is gonna flop ROFL, the amount of WoW players who will see this movie is pretty insane plus random non-players who just want to see why the game is so popular rating is literally nothing with this movie its just one giant commercial.
    Oh god I get it now...

This is going to be the WoW communities "Twlight".

Even if it gets horrible reviews, it'll still make a profit.

I await the spin off "50 Shades of Green"

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    3rd tv spot is on

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDHi-_KD...=warcraftmovie

marketing hype!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Holy shit!! =D

Deleted
    damn this looks so cheap --- anyone know what the budget for the film was?

Quote Originally Posted by zer View Post
    damn this looks so cheap --- anyone know what the budget for the film was?
    It's stated to be at 100mio, but in the articles it was described as "nort of 100mio". Universal considered it to be a problem movie because it has such a high budget, which feels weird. 100mio doesn't sound a lot for a fantasy epic movie. Hobbit was somewhere between 200 and 315mio, the latest Star Wars was 200mio.

I'm honestly afraid they'll end up saying the movie is 100 minutes long in the end. That would be a problem.
    Last edited by Masternewt; 2016-03-19 at 08:59 AM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    It's stated to be at 100mio, but in the articles it was described as "nort of 100mio". Universal considered it to be a problem movie because it has such a high budget, which feels weird. 100mio doesn't sound a lot for a fantasy epic movie. Hobbit was somewhere between 200 and 315mio, the latest Star Wars was 200mio.

I'm honestly afraid they'll end up saying the movie is 100 minutes long in the end. That would be a problem.
    known actors alone took a lot of the budget, i dont know how much Ian took, but for example RDJ alone took 50m budget from the avengers and iron man 3

you can create a whole movie with RDJ budget.

warcraft dont have any super high budget actor, so lots of the money is going on the production rather than actors or director

I look forward to the movie when it comes out. Hope we dont get too many trailers revealing too much. its not like we dont know how this will all go but i'd rather the journey there not be spoiled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow that one is actually fun to watch!

known actors alone took a lot of the budget, i dont know how much Ian took, but for example RDJ alone took 50m budget from the avengers and iron man 3

you can create a whole movie with RDJ budget.

warcraft dont have any super high budget actor, so lots of the money is going on the production rather than actors or director
    That's very true. Harrison Ford took 20mio alone from the SW budget. I honestly hope Warcraft movie ends up being good, wouldn't mind this going into a trilogy, but I feel that everybody - meaning fans, studios, critics - is expecting it to fail miserably. Underdog movie of 2016 for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Started at 100mil and ballooned to over 200 as they tried to get the cgi to not look terrible. Sadly, it still looks terrible.
    You have any evidence of it being over 200 million? No? Didn't think so.

I'm not going to even touch your CGI comment. I guess people thought Avatar looked bad too and we all know that movie bombed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Find me a person who looks like this

and you'll have a point.
    Ooh ooh, hey kid, I can play that game, too.

Find me a Human who looks like a shitty, deformed cartoon dressed in technocolor vomit like any of these clowns:

and you'll have a point.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    Ooh ooh, hey kid, I can play that game, too.

Find me a Human who looks like a shitty, deformed cartoon dressed in technocolor vomit like any of these clowns:

http://www.jackmagazine.com/issue10/wow007.jpg

and you'll have a point.
    And I agree, the movie would look better if the humans were CGI, but it wouldn't do better, since fully animated adult movies are very niche and not blockbuster material.

Between making everybody a human with a costume and having a movie that looks NOTHING like Warcraft or making everybody except humans CGI, I choose the later.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I agree, the movie would look better if the humans were CGI, but it wouldn't do better, since fully animated adult movies are very niche and not blockbuster material.

Between making everybody a human with a costume and having a movie that looks NOTHING like Warcraft or making everybody except humans CGI, I choose the later.
    <just laughs and laughs and laughs>

Man, are you in for a seriously rude awakening. Love how you've already setting up an escape clause for your outraged denial once the movie flops as badly as it is going to flop though. But it's cool, we all know you guys need to maintain the sense that you haven't wasted the last ten years of your life on a shitty franchise. We get it. (Doesn't mean we're going to stop laughing, of course, but we get it.)
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    No, Kalimdor is a legend at best at this time and for the next few decades.
    You know, like those hidden continents we keep finding and that people complain so much about no one finding it before.
    Hmm, so it's Westfall then. And the hills are from Elwynn Forest. At least I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    <just laughs and laughs and laughs>

Man, are you in for a seriously rude awakening. Love how you've already setting up an escape clause for your outraged denial once the movie flops as badly as it is going to flop though. But it's cool, we all know you guys need to maintain the sense that you haven't wasted the last ten years of your life on a shitty franchise. We get it. (Doesn't mean we're going to stop laughing, of course, but we get it.)
    It's alright, you got tired of something you loved, no need to stay in these forums getting more and more bitter as you see how others still enjoy the game. Go out there, find some new passion and live a happier life.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's alright, you got tired of something you loved, no need to stay in these forums getting more and more bitter as you see how others still enjoy the game. Go out there, find some new passion and live a happier life.
    And miss seeing your hopes and dreams of Avatar II: The Warcraft Years come crashing down? Never.