Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I've seen a lot of news stories on this. She was fighting for equality and death threats cancelled her event. She has gotten a lot of positive press for her fight and the gaming community comes off as really bitter. Not a good look.
    I disagree with you.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    She was fighting for equality
    No, she wasn't. She was going to hold a speech that she was getting paid a lot of money for. She does this shit for money, nothing else.

and death threats cancelled her event
    She, herself, cancelled the event, after alleged death threats, which might as well be just a publicity stunt to bum more money on Patreon, Kickstarter, GoFundMe and other such internet bum sites.

She has gotten a lot of positive press
    She has gotten a lot of press, all right. That's what professional victims do.

for her fight
    For her wallet.

and the gaming community comes off as really bitter. Not a good look.
    The gaming community comes off as people who are pissed off that this scam artist who knows jack shit about games and gaming, who is doing all of this for attention and money, is tarnishing the entire industry and the people who are in it. It's an appropriate "look".

I've seen a lot of news stories on this. She was fighting for equality and death threats cancelled her event. She has gotten a lot of positive press for her fight and the gaming community comes off as really bitter. Not a good look.
    Do you think if we send enough death threats that she will stop running her trap?

Plus, there is equality online. If you want equality in how you are treated, well, good luck changing human nature. Anyone who wants everyone to be treated the exact same way 100% of the time is nuts.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumbass people spend their money on dumbass things. She's right to exploit them.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    I only laugh at her, she rage about sexy women in computer games. But she have no probelm to have make-up, high heels, earrings special hairstyle and removed her glasses (yes she might have a laser surgery and do not need them) to look "sexy" then she shall be a host for "Ordinary Women: Daring to Defy History"

Talk about bending down to the the patriarchy, I must be sexy to be taken seriously as a tv host.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I need 200k more than she does.

Any sympathy I might have for the line of argument against Anita Sarkeesian long since evaporated after the internet decided to mount a decade long hate campaign against her.

You know, I would literally never have heard of her if it wasn't for the fact forums like this one can't go a day without spewing bile about how she's the antichrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Any sympathy I might have for the line of argument against Anita Sarkeesian long since evaporated after the internet decided to mount a decade long hate campaign against her.

You know, I would literally never have heard of her if it wasn't for the fact forums like this one can't go a day without spewing bile about how she's the antichrist.
    You know, you could just dig a bit for yourself and find out what she has done and said, so you can have an informed opinion, instead of being influenced by what other people say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You know, you could just dig a bit for yourself and find out what she has done and said, so you can have an informed opinion, instead of being influenced by what other people say.
    He had different opinion. (Albeit wrong one).

Why don't you ask for this thread to be closed too? Or is it okay because it mostly agrees with your opinion?

Äänestätkö vihreitä?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    A fool and his money are easily separated, as the saying goes. Anyone who supports a con artist like Anita deserves to lose their money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    He had different opinion.
    Yeah, and if you read what he said, as well as comprehended what you read, you would've noticed that he specifically stated that he has formed said opinion simply by being influenced what others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Why don't you ask for this thread to be closed too?
    Too? I'm having a hard time coming up with which thread I've asked to be closed. I do remember having said moderators should do something about people who get to post propaganda and bullshit in the thread title, so perhaps you mean some of those cases, but this thread's title alludes to the fact that she is, indeed, bumming for more money, and as such is factually correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

This! Just read the first page of this thread. It doesn't come out as a discussion about a topic, but more of a circlejerk who can say the meanest thing abbout her. Count the word "bitch", and the comments that wish she was dead. Now its not my place to tell you what to do, but maybe take a step back, look at what you're typing, and maybe think about where she gets the fuel for her accusations...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Count the word "bitch", and the comments that wish she was dead. Now its not my place to tell you what to do, but maybe take a step back, look at what you're typing, and maybe think about where she gets the fuel for her accusations...
    Yeah, it would be better if people just called her an asshole, so as to be gender neutral and not provoke the ire of SJWs, even if she has time and time again proven that she is, indeed, a bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it would be better if people just called her an asshole, so as to be gender neutral and not provoke the ire of SJWs, even if she has time and time again proven that she is, indeed, a bitch.
    Do as you like, but don't complain that she sees this as threat and it will all continue. I just think that in the eye of the public, using sexual slurs, she will get more sympathy...

Deleted
    Do as you like, but don't complain that she sees this as threat and it will all continue. I just think that in the eye of the public, using sexual slurs, she will get more sympathy...
    "Bitch" has nothing to do with sex or sexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Bitch" has nothing to do with sex or sexuality.
    Aside from the fact that the word is used to demean woman? Or do you use the word for man as well?

Deleted
    Aside from the fact that the word is used to demean woman? Or do you use the word for man as well?
    "Demean"? What the hell are you on about? It's an insult, just like any other regular insult. It "demeans" the target just as much as any other regular insult does. You're seriously trying to say that women have now some kind of a immunity from being insulted, just because they're women, even if they deserve it? This is some seriously twisted SJW BS right here.

And guess what? We are all free to be offensive to whomever we like, whether they deserve it or not. It's one of the freedoms of the civilized world. Nobody is "immune" from being offended.

Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-03-19 at 10:37 AM.

Men have a ton of insults directed solely at us through our genitals and what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    PSA: Thunderf00t is kind of a dumbshit.
    Did he hurt you'r fragile little SJW heart?? awwwwww pooor thing .....

10+ Year Old Account
    "Demean"? What the hell are you on about? It's an insult, just like any other regular insult. It "demeans" the target just as much as any other regular insult does. You're seriously trying to say that women have now some kind of a immunity from being insulted, just because they're women, even if they deserve it? This is some seriously twisted SJW BS right here.

And guess what? We are all free to be offensive to whomever we like, whether they deserve it or not. It's one of the freedoms of the civilized world. Nobody is "immune" from being offended.

I don't question your right to insult whoever you want.

The word "bitch" at least as i understand it is targeting woman for a wrong "womanlike" behaviour - Many parallels to calling a man "sissy" - and as i have visited various gender studies courses out of curiosity, thats the same way your "enemy" sees it. Now of course you can say you don't mean it that way, but it doesn't change the fact that you enemy understands it that way.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Anita, especially because she is playing a lot of people on this board. She says something stupid, you jump on the bandwagon, use insults and slurs that she expects, gets publicity, because the mainstream, and zeitgeist, or whatever you call it, will see it the same way. She won. Rinse, repeat.

Just saying, in my playbook, you, her critiques, are as important for her as the donators...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Men have a ton of insults directed solely at us through our genitals and what have you.
    Yep, i don't like them either. I'd like to live in a world where we can discuss differences without insulting each other, but hey, just my view