Poll: Bring it back

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    And why not please ? don't you like to play your class how YOU want and not how BLIZZARD want it ?
    This is such a dumb statement.
    What choice is there in reforging? Sure you can select a different stat but you'd be doing less dps.

The only difference between reforging and not reforging is that you are not forced to go to a NPC every time you get loot.
    It's a dumb system and doesn't provide any freedom, since every spec has a specific stat they need to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    no, please don't bring it back.
    Why not? I raid beast mastery now, but if i want to go marksman, i'll have to get a whole new set of gear
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Most Gems/Enchants gone

Went from 3 types of Glyphs to 2 to 1...

Reforging Gone..

Predetermined Stats for PvP

Old Talent Trees gone (I know this will get some hate)

Basically anything that gave you CHOICE is gone or going away
    Except every spec has that 1 stat they need to get, so all your points don't matter.

Gems/Enchants: You had to get the ones for stat X, no choice here.
    Reforging: You had to reforge to stat X, no choice here.
    Predetermined stats for PvP: 1 stat is gonna be the best anyways, and PvP'ers don't play for gear, they play for the fights.
    Old talent trees: You had to get build X, no choice here (maybe slightly different build depending on raid comp, but still not your choice to make).

The only freedom you had was the choice to severely lower your dmg by purposely picking bad gems, enchants, reforges or talents.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I don't know, reforging would need some serious changes if they wanted to implement it properly.

When things like AskMrRobot reduce the whole system to a single build, then the choice is removed and the concept flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Why not? I raid beast mastery now, but if i want to go marksman, i'll have to get a whole new set of gear
    Maybe you're raiding with normal raiders who don't know better, but if you're plying a BM or survival hunter, you're already not doing your job properly.
    MM damage is so sickeningly high compared to BM and Survival, especially since on heroic and higher difficulty you have to focus single targets instead of AoE.

And let's assume that reforging is back. If you go MM you'd still need to get a new set of gear, since you'd never get enough crit from reforging (if it works the same way it did in MoP).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I don't know, reforging would need some serious changes if they wanted to implement it properly.

When things like AskMrRobot reduce the whole system to a single build, then the choice is removed and the concept flawed.
    it wasn't AskMrRobot that ruined the system, they just provided a simple way to find out what you'd need to do.
    In the end everyone was going to reforge to their 1 most wanted stat anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    it wasn't AskMrRobot that ruined the system, they just provided a simple way to find out what you'd need to do.
    In the end everyone was going to reforge to their 1 most wanted stat anyways.
    Well, that's the issue with stats, they offer no choice. Talents now do, there are optimal talents, but the difference in some cases is not that big, and people can play with the ones they feel more comfortable with.

But for a specific set of talents and gear, there will be an optimal set of stats, and there's no way around that.

Unless reforging had some random element or stats were drastically changed so that people could reforge into alternative valid builds, reforging is redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I liked reforging. It was nice when you picked up some piece of gear that wasn't exactly optimal but could be an upgrade if you reforged that worthless stat to something good.
    So you prefer clicking a button over playing the game?
    You can get ever better gear than the reforged gear simply by doing more dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you're raiding with normal raiders who don't know better, but if you're plying a BM or survival hunter, you're already not doing your job properly.
    I do raid normal with normal raiders, because i like our guild's atmosphere.
    And the reason i play BM is because i like the playstyle, but i also wanna do MM.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

This is such a dumb statement.
    What choice is there in reforging? Sure you can select a different stat but you'd be doing less dps.

The only difference between reforging and not reforging is that you are not forced to go to a NPC every time you get loot.
    It's a dumb system and doesn't provide any freedom, since every spec has a specific stat they need to get.

^exactly^

But understand there's a lot and I mean * A L O T* of players that take things at face value and there's no real thought beyond that..... they see some feature that looks like it gives more freedom and/or customization...they just stop there and go with it as just being well "more freedom and/or customization"...... with out really thinking things through.

In the End Reforging was near pointless.

So you prefer clicking a button over playing the game?
    You can get ever better gear than the reforged gear simply by doing more dungeons.
    Or you could never get that drop.
    Reforging at least let's you use the previous drop thereby making it less worthless.

But I guess you would prefer just playing the game without upgrades or rewards at all, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    So you're one of those special snowflakes we hear about? Roger.
    did you REALLY use special snowflake in THAT way??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    There's nothing constructive about "holy paladin dps"
    much like your posts
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I personally miss reforging. Getting gear now: Oh..this piece sucks, haste/mastery? Ew, I need crit/mastery. Getting gear when reforging was around: Eh, this piece isn't bad at all. I'll just reforge some haste into some crit.

It allowed some classes that have a specific need for a stat (warriors, fire mages) to get that stat even with gear that would be considered shit now. For example, if one of my tier pieces (as a warrior) didn't have crit on it, and was horribly optimized, which happened in HM (not on tier pieces, but on practically every piece of gear) and BRF, you could reforge out of the bad stat and gain some crit. It was fun doing that.

People still go to websites to find out which gear pieces would be best for them, reforging just allowed people who got a shit piece to turn it into a better piece for them.

I didn't like having the extra chore of reforging every piece of gear that didn't happen to have the ideal stats for me. If you used something like Ask Mr. Robot as a reforging guide, you'd end up having to shift around all of your reforged every single time you got a some gear. I very much prefer the WoD system of being able to just equip most pieces as soon as you get them and not worry about all of the extra stuff. But, I'm a dirty casual these days, so to each their own.

Yeah, i'd like to see it return. It was a bad choice to remove it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    I didn't like having the extra chore of reforging every piece of gear that didn't happen to have the ideal stats for me. If you used something like Ask Mr. Robot as a reforging guide, you'd end up having to shift around all of your reforged every single time you got a some gear. I very much prefer the WoD system of being able to just equip most pieces as soon as you get them and not worry about all of the extra stuff. But, I'm a dirty casual these days, so to each their own.
    A problem with the line of thinking presented here is that using AMR or even using Reforging was never a requirement of any part of the game. Some individuals you might have chosen to join groups with may have imposed artificial requirements, but that is still done today in the form of average item level. That was done as far back as I can remember, though it truly became an epidemic around Wrath of the Lich King.

The only reason to use tools like AMR would be to calculate how close you could get to hit or expertise caps without going over and then to take into account diminishing returns curves on gear to eke out the most points total. Without hit or expertise that gets mountains easier.

Some talk about "the WoD system" as if it's actually different. It isn't. It's the same as it was in MoP except that now no one reforges undesirable drops, because for now we can't.

I personally don't see the point in removing reforging at all. If the stats are balanced now, I still wanna choose the playstyle. On the other hand, if the stats are not balanced, I want to balance them out specifically for my character. For example. If I have a softcap on something, I want to be able to achieve it with just reforging out some stats. Sure I will do that with a single button of addon, but in the end it is a question of playstyle and my personal choice. I have never understood the people who underestimate a few additional percents of throughput, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no, it brings back a level of min/maxing that is just a pointless time sink. I agree with Blizzards logic that you shouldn't have a laundry list of things to do before you can actually equip a new item.

This feature never had any interest nor depth and has no reason to come back now that hit/expertise stats are gone. It was implemented with good reasons in mind, but pushing a button to tell you what to reforge for 250g doesn't add anything to customization nor build diversity.

and get rid of RNG-forging which took its place in WoD. 300+ rerolls on the last crafted piece I made before I just gave up on getting the stats. Left such a bad taste that for a few days afterward I couldn't help but to ponder rng, how much of it is in game now and start having negative feelings ... and just force closing WoW before the log in occurs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    This feature never had any interest nor depth and has no reason to come back now that hit/expertise stats are gone. It was implemented with good reasons in mind, but pushing a button to tell you what to reforge for 250g doesn't add anything to customization nor build diversity.
    only bad players who just followed websites didn't use it for customization at all. Contrary to what your favorite site tells you (I'm guessing you use noxxic), there isn't one specific way to play. Basic simcraft isn't always the handbook on optimized raid play, lots of people changed it up and tried different things out for different talent choices / customization.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it's just a money sink.