Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    So is what flavor ice cream they like to eat so should blizz base that character on their preference?

It is part of there backround right?

SJW bullshit
    Well that's a deep and well written character if they include their favourite type of ice cream.

Let me guess you like game of thrones

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    Man, MMO-C people are sure a hateful bunch...
    I don't really care about Overwatch, but a gay character could sure change that. Any of them would be fine.
    So you'd only care if a character was gay? In a non-romance story.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    What about if it's not a point of character development? I don't think any in overwatch is dating another so all of their sexual orientations are technically unknown. Make up some cannon and do what ya want!
    If it's left out then yeah feel free to speculate. But it would be nice to have some more gay characters in fiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    It's not that everyone should be straight. It's that it doesn't matter at all and doesn't even need to be mentioned.
    The thing is it will be mentioned if characters are straight, not in a "THIS IS A HETERO CHARACTER" but in terms of their character to character interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by whyohwhy View Post
    If it's left out then yeah feel free to speculate. But it would be nice to have some more gay characters in fiction.
    You seem confused. Do you actually believe the stereotype where gay men act different than straight men? You do realize it only changes their sexual preference right?

Anyway im enjoying the salty straight boys getting upset over a character that might have gay undertones to them. Keep crying boys

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You seem confused. Do you actually believe the stereotype where gay men act different than straight men? You do realize it only changes their sexual preference right?
    You seem confused as to how sexuality is portrayed in fiction

You seem confused as to how sexuality is portrayed in fiction
    So you don't think that's a bad thing? Because it is. Isn't that what them sjw's are fighting for? Ridding the gaming tropes that concern characters?

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is it will be mentioned if characters are straight, not in a "THIS IS A HETERO CHARACTER" but in terms of their character to character interactions.
    Don't think I've played a game where it clearly says "This is a hetro character" for all I know Garrosh could be a gay orc or the wizard from Diablo could be a lesbian woman...

So you don't think that's a bad thing? Because it is. Isn't that what them sjw's are fighting for? Ridding the gaming tropes that concern characters?
    You still seem confused as to how sexuality is portrayed in fiction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    Don't think I've played a game where it clearly says "This is a hetro character" for all I know Garrosh could be a gay orc or the wizard from Diablo could be a lesbian woman...
    Because that's not good writing. Many characters are portrayed through their interest and interactions with the gender they are attracted to not explicitly stated

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Because that's not good writing. Many characters are portrayed through their interest and interactions with the gender they are attracted to not explicitly stated
    The funny part is you're still telling people they are confused, when all of them are explaining to you why you're wrong. You're just another one of those people that can't admit when they're wrong.

Nothing more to see here.

I guess you'd rather everyone in fiction be straight eh
    Only you have said that right? You can assume what ever sex you want, I'd rather they just not approach the issue at all it makes life and the internet forums a lot easier.

Why do people who just want to play a shooter** need to know or care about something that is totally irrelevant this is not mass effect where it actually matters in the story of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    The funny part is you're still telling people they are confused, when all of them are explaining to you why you're wrong. You're just another one of those people that can't admit when they're wrong.

Nothing more to see here.
    What statements have i made that are wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    Only you have said that right? You can assume what ever sex you want, I'd rather they just not approach the issue at all it makes life and the internet forums a lot easier.

Why do people who just want to play a shooter** need to know or care about something that is totally irrelevant this is not mass effect where it actually matters in the story of the game.
    Well i mean Blizzard wants these characters to have some backstory and be fleshed out to a degree right?

Wow really? It's just the second reply man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i mean Blizzard wants these characters to have some backstory and be fleshed out to a degree right?
    Yes, to the degree that they have already fleshed them out. It's not up to you to decide how much detail is revealed.

Yes, to the degree that they have already fleshed them out. It's not up to you to decide how much detail is revealed.
    It's not up to you either. Im just saying it would be nice if some of them were not heterosexual

What statements have i made that are wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

again, why? these characters can literally have zero story and the game would be the exact same.

its a shooter look at counter strike for example or TF2 fora better example

Wow really? It's just the second reply man.
    If you want to have an argument then maybe you should have a proper understanding of how sexuality is portrayed in fiction without being "stereotypical"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not up to you either. Im just saying it would be nice if some of them were not heterosexual
    Again, the point goes way over your head. Sorry man.

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    again, why? these characters can literally have zero story and the game would be the exact same.

its a shooter look at counter strike for example or TF2 fora better example
    I agree it would be the exact same. But blizzard obviously wants these characters to be fleshed out.

None, I am more worried about the skills they have on the battlefield when I am playing them...not "what they do in their off time" .
    Not EVERYTHING needs to be sexual....I cringe at the thought of what goes on in peoples head who do this ..when they see children cartoons/shows.

ERP server for Overwatch coming soon!

Again, the point goes way over your head. Sorry man.
    I think im the one going over your head here pal.