Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whyohwhy View Post
    I agree it would be the exact same. But blizzard obviously wants these characters to be fleshed out.
    ok then good talk lol. so why sexuality of ALL things, like literally the most controversial thing nowdays?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think im the one going over your head here pal.
    I know. It's unfortunate you actually still think that

I would make all their sexuality attack helicopter.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    ok then good talk lol. so why sexuality of ALL things, like literally the most controversial thing nowdays?
    Eh i think if you're going to flesh out characters it would be nice to not have them all be heterosexual, especially when there are characters interacting with one an other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    I know. It's unfortunate you actually still think that

So you have nothing of value to contribute and you basically just wanted to wank your ego. Well enough.

Eh i think if you're going to flesh out characters it would be nice to not have them all be heterosexual, especially when there are characters interacting with one an other.
    But you said the game would be the same, so it wouldn't matter there is actually no point you said it yourself, the game wouldnt be ANY more fun.

This thread has no point.

But you said the game would be the same, so it wouldn't matter there is actually no point you said it yourself, the game wouldnt be ANY more fun.
    It would be more fun if they had fleshed out characters.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread has no point.
    Video games have no point either

It would be more fun if they had fleshed out characters.
    you literally said it would add nothing? so...

I think this is some serious bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have nothing of value to contribute and you basically just wanted to wank your ego. Well enough.
    Ego on a message board? Man that would be a sad day...

Maybe Blizzard didn't mention their sexuality because they realized it's a video game and video game characters aren't real people.

We understand now that you think it's bad story telling or writing or whatever to not mention their sexuality, but apparently a whole lot of people disagree with you. What more is there to be said here?

you literally said it would add nothing? so...

I think this is some serious bait.
    It would add nothing if the characters were mean't to be filled in by the player. Like fable or something where your actions have consequence. In a game where characters are mean't to have backstory and lore then it makes sense to flesh them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    But what's their blood types?
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Well I disagree. I don't think you fight homophobia by shoving homosexuality down people's throats.

If a video game is going to create relationships in it's story, I have no problem with two males or two females entering into a relationship together, and that being mentioned and made quite plain. But other than that I don't see why being gay would change that person's story or behavior whatsoever. There is no difference between people who are gay and straight, that's the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    Ego on a message board? Man that would be a sad day...

Maybe Blizzard didn't mention their sexuality because they realized it's a video game and video game characters aren't real people.

We understand now that you think it's bad story telling or writing or whatever to not mention their sexuality, but apparently a whole lot of people disagree with you. What more is there to be said here?
    fictional characters often have sexualities, even if they are not real people they often have interest in sex.

Yes it is a sad day.

Well majority rule is an obviously flawed system lol. I don't care if most of the people on a gaming forum which is made up of mostly heterosexual men disagree with me.

It would add nothing if the characters were mean't to be filled in by the player. Like fable or something where your actions have consequence. In a game where characters are mean't to have backstory and lore then it makes sense to flesh them out.
    In fable and mass effect sexuality changes the story, but in this game its a shooter kill or be kill how does that matter? if your character if your dude is gay or straight? look it doesn't

As you previously said IT ADDS NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Why must sexual preference come into games like this in the first place?
    This, entirely.

In fable and mass effect sexuality changes the story, but in this game its a shooter kill or be kill how does that matter? if your character if your dude is gay or straight? look it doesn't

It also changes a side story. Something that you can skip completely and adds nothing to the main story.

I don't care if most of the people on a gaming forum which is made up of mostly heterosexual men disagree with me.
    I'm gay. I'm married to a man. Does that increase my opinions validity for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Well I disagree. I don't think you fight homophobia by shoving homosexuality down people's throats.

If a video game is going to create relationships in it's story, I have no problem with two males or two females entering into a relationship together, and that being mentioned and made quite plain. But other than that I don't see why being gay would change that person's story or behavior whatsoever. There is no difference between people who are gay and straight, that's the whole point.
    They wouldn't be shoving anything down anyone's throats. Hetereosexuality is shoved down peoples throats far more so. Just having a gay character wont change the heteronormative society we live in .

Given that characters talk in this game means that they have relationships, romantic or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    But what's their blood types?
    This ain't anime. Otherwise they would

10+ Year Old Account
    fictional characters often have sexualities, even if they are not real people they often have interest in sex.

Yes it is a sad day.

Well majority rule is an obviously flawed system lol. I don't care if most of the people on a gaming forum which is made up of mostly heterosexual men disagree with me.
    Oh man, you have some incredible insight into things you couldn't possibly have insight into, haha. The more you reveal about yourself...

When you're making a video game, I would argue that majority rule means pretty much everything. I mean, if selling more copies of your game is the goal, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It also changes a side story. Something that you can skip completely and adds nothing to the main story.
    this isen't the type of game where this matters, even if on the blizzard site it said "sex: gay" why would that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I'm gay. I'm married to a man. Does that increase my opinions validity for you?
    No

Nothing to the gameplay it adds to the lore though buddy