Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whyohwhy View Post
    Nothing to the gameplay it adds to the lore though buddy
    its a shooter...literally the only game type that does not even need lore

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I'm gay. I'm married to a man. Does that increase my opinions validity for you?
    It does when it comes to homosexual representation. Then again you're not the only gay gamer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    its a shooter...literally the only game type that does not even need lore
    TF2 has lore

It does when it comes to homosexual representation. Then again you're not the only gay gamer

- - - Updated - - -

TF2 has lore
    what % of people that play the game actually are interested in the lore of tf2? or just play the game to shoot eachother?

10+ Year Old Account
    TF2 has lore
    I'm so glad you are not responsible for the story telling in any of the video games that I play. My god what a train wreck that would be.

No
    I was talking to the other guy. My statement was not intended to be taken literally. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    I'm so glad you are not responsible for the story telling in any of the video games that I play. My god what a train wreck that would be.
    What you're worried i might put some effort into developing characters or something?

- - - Updated - - -

what % of people that play the game actually are interested in the lore of tf2? or just play the game to shoot eachother?
    Some people enjoy those shitty videos steam put out. Some people enjoy the warcraft lore instead of just gameplay it's personal preference and not really your place to tell others how to feel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I was talking to the other guy. My statement was not intended to be taken literally. lol.
    im not your guy, pal

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    So is what flavor ice cream they like to eat so should blizz base that character on their preference?

It is part of there backround right?
    Not sure why you can't realize this but sexuality is kind of a big part of people's lives. Some might say more important than ice cream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It adds personality, story and lore that's why
    No, it doesn't by default. It doesn't matter if Reaper wants to stick his thing into women, men or robots for all I care. It is a game. You'd have to turn the "gay" to eleven for it to even be noticeable (for example). If that happens, people will complain about stereotypes.
    Honestly it's a Catch 22.

I don't know about you but I know quite a few colleagues who are gay. Some I didn't even know about for years. That's how not-obvious it is for most of those guys and girls. Some of them are quite awesome people, some of them are kinda odd but them being gay is not something anyone cares. They care how they do their job and how funny they are when we have a get-together.

So IF you want to throw in a gay character don't just assume only because he/she is gay, that it adds anything to him/her by default. If they do like a social commentary about it - sure, why not. But just saying "oh, btw Reaper likes to fuck X" doesn't add anything.

Now queue the people calling me a homophobe because I think that way. Meanwhile I have quite a few gay friends I hang out with on a regular basis. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    What you're worried i might put some effort into developing characters or something?
    I'm worried you'll fuck up all of the developed characters with your obviously skewed personal bias and ruin it for the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people enjoy those shitty videos steam put out. Some people enjoy the warcraft lore instead of just gameplay it's personal preference and not really your place to tell others how to feel

- - - Updated - - -

im not your guy, pal
    The warcraft lore is interesting, but WoW is not overwatch right? but shooters literally need zero lore to be successful and no one has mention WoW until you RIGHT now...

literally apples and oranges.

I'm worried you'll fuck up all of the developed characters with your obviously skewed personal bias and ruin it for the rest of us.
    Lol cry more. You sound like you need your favourite games ruined by having characters coming out as gay

- - - Updated - - -

The warcraft lore is interesting, but WoW is not overwatch right? but shooters literally need zero lore to be successful and no one has mention WoW until you RIGHT now...
    Blizzard has a thing for having lore in their games. I doubt overwatch will be different

Lol cry more.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard has a thing for having lore in their games. I doubt overwatch will be different
    But, why sexuality? is the big question, you have yet to prove why its necessary. aside from saying its not....

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol cry more. You sound like you need your favourite games ruined by having characters coming out as gay
    I think you misunderstood again. Let me be more clear:

I don't care if a character is gay or straight. I think it's rarely relevant to a video games story what sexuality anyone wants the character to be. I can't imagine, in any of Blizzards game, that specific detail would ever push the story along...

Again, the biased part. You're very clearly just pushing your own agenda.

But, why sexuality? is the big question, you have yet to prove why its necessary. aside from saying its not....
    Because many characters have a level of sexuality, I think your issue is that it will dominate their character and not just be a side note.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you misunderstood again. Let me be more clear:

I don't care if a character is gay or straight. I think it's rarely relevant to a video games story what sexuality anyone wants the character to be. I can't imagine, in any of Blizzards game, that specific detail would ever push the story along...
    Varian is straight. Jaina and thrall are straight. Why is hard to imagine someone being gay?

I doubt they'd shove it in your face or make it the most prevalent characteristic. It'll probably be like Dumbledore being gay. Doesn't really come up in story, but it's just a part of his character.

Anyway i hope blizzard ruins your gaming experience by having characters that are gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian is straight. Jaina and thrall are straight. Why is hard to imagine someone being gay?
    Varian and Jaina being straight or not has never furthered the story of World of Warcraft though...

Do people really care about a character's sexual orientation in a first person shooter?

Oh, wait, Tumblr generation. Never mind.

Anyway i hope blizzard ruins your gaming experience by having characters that are gay.
    Soldier 76 had a husband and nobody gives a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I doubt they'd shove it in your face or make it the most prevalent characteristic. It'll probably be like Dumbledore being gay. Doesn't really come up in story, but it's just a part of his character.
    I don't care if people are gay lol, it doesn't bother me but it just seems random to throw it in THIS GAME. like why does overwatch need to worry about anything so stupid be it straight, gay, tran, pan, demi, etc.

If it was a game that added a level of depth to the story like WoW or any other game WHY THE FUCK NOT, it just seems so weird in this game to care about something so irrelevant that adds no depth.

Varian and Jaina being straight or not has never furthered the story of World of Warcraft though...
    K so you never read the books fair enough