Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Warcraft TV Spot: Close up look at a Dwarf

Thought this was especially interesting, largely because up to this point we've only seen close shots of humans and orcs. There were elves in the background within a few frames as well as two dwarves, but it's cool to see one up close now.

Any prediction on what role helfs and dwarves will play within the film?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how he looks different than a straight up lotr dwarf. But also in that tv spot, we see what looks like a redone version of the scene people were teased at comic con years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortydragon View Post
    I like how he looks different than a straight up lotr dwarf. But also in that tv spot, we see what looks like a redone version of the scene people were teased at comic con years ago!
    Yeah, maybe that could be a first encounter type scene within the film.

Also, Ironforge is absolutely beautiful...will be let down if we don't see at least one gnome

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortydragon View Post
    I'm not even sure if it's redone, and I wouldn't necessarily count on it appearing in the final movie.

Though, as I recall, the original mood piece sounded more like it was set on Draenor, with green lightning in the sky and such.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or does the CGI on the orc not look as good as the CGI we've seen in earlier previews?

Makes the humans look even more out of place... they should have just delayed the movie another year and redone the humans as CG characters right over the top. Would go a long way in improving the movie's look.

And that human actor looks horrible, like what is he even doing in this scene? His face looks so stupid. Like he was just copy and pasted into a CG cinematic and has no idea what he's doing. Just awful.

You see dwarf hunters CAN use pistols lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Makes the humans look even more out of place... they should have just delayed the movie another year and redone the humans as CG characters right over the top. Would go a long way in improving the movie's look.
    Agreed, but people won't go see that unless it's some Pocahontas rip-off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have been fine with a movie fully rendered how the game trailers are.

And that human actor looks horrible, like what is he even doing in this scene? His face looks so stupid. Like he was just copy and pasted into a CG cinematic and has no idea what he's doing. Just awful.
    I think the dwarf looks fine, it certainly has a more authentic feeling than a lot of other movies that were heavily CGI based.

I think it looks great and I'm sure the graphics will be polished up a bit when the actual movie hits threatres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It wouldn't have made a dime if they did that though.
    Or it totally would have. The amount of warcraft fans going to see that alone would have made a profit.

Also anime is totally in right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still love the face of the human/man, as if the dwarf just used his gun on something/someone he shouldn't have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It wouldn't have made a dime if they did that though.
    I'll just point out something, 'Bottoms Up' as well a few others were quite popular. I don't think it would be a movie thing, but could easily see it sell online.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tecisbeefy View Post
    I would have been fine with a movie fully rendered how the game trailers are.
    Well, if you are eager to wait for an 2025 release of the film I'd be fine with that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the dwarf Magni?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    It looks like lothar just lost a bet.

"bet you cant hit that breadsellers loaf from this spot!"
    Hah! Someone else is on the note as me!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tecisbeefy View Post
    Or it totally would have. The amount of warcraft fans going to see that alone would have made a profit.

Also anime is totally in right now.
    Sounds like testosterone deficiency.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    It looks like lothar just lost a bet.

"bet you cant hit that breadsellers loaf from this spot!"
    My thought was he was actually showing the humans gun technology. And Lothar is seeing it for the first time.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a snapshot taken mid screen. It's not a poster. It's not supposed to look good taken out of context like that.

Take a video of yourself talking and divide it to individual frames and see how those look like.

You know, something has felt off about all of the recent things I've seen of the movie, and I haven't been able to figure out what it was until now. You're right: real humans look really out of place in the Warcraft universe. All the CGI looks great to me, but when you drop an actual human actor in the scene, it just makes everything else look ridiculous. They really should have just made CGI Blizzard-style humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Well, if you are eager to wait for an 2025 release of the film I'd be fine with that too.
    I'd be ok with that if it didn't look like such garbage.

Also if the movie was made like that it'd have plenty more artists working on it.