Thread: Black Desert

10+ Year Old Account
    So how you actually level in this game, like whats the best way?

I'm having fun but it seems like my highest character is lvl 25 and is sort of stuck there. I've built a small manufacturing chain with all my excess energy and contribution points but it seems like I've plateaued level wise.

Tip: Don't buy games for endgame (people mostly mean raids) when they advertise themselves as being open games with lots to do. That means their endgame is probably shallow because they have dozens of other systems to support too. For example, BDO has a huge crafting/trading system, something that is the endgame for quite a number of people, gotta build that empire.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-03-19 at 01:01 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Hey all, should I go for the $30 or the $50 bundle? Are the extras in the $50 worth much more in the cash shop than than the asking price? Or should I just go $30 since I may not love the game? I mean everything sounds really cool, but theres no telling till I give it a go, so many MMOs lost my attention quickly.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    May I inquire about this? What is there to 'max' and why is it impossible? When someone mentioned that this game had similar skill system to Runescape (not sure if accurate) I'd like to point out that some people not only maxed all their skills in Runescape (which itself took quite a bit of time), but amassed 200 Million experience points in all of the 28 skills the game had, when the requirement for a skill level to be 99 (cap) was a bit over 13million. Is it actually 'literally' impossible, or do you just say that for reasons?
    Personally I'm not all that familiar with this game but I believe the hard level cap is very difficult to reach. If they wanted to, they could make it impossible to reach in your lifetime - until they up the cap that is.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its hard to say really. The flute, pet, and horse decent enough for the extra bump in price - of course that only matters if you like the game. It is B2P so its not like you can't revisit the game later.

I know you get a free donkey but a donkey is no horse (donkey has a lot more endurance and can carry more, horse is faster and can learn cool skills). Pets are okay, they can do stuff like pick up items every 10 sec. Each pet has a special they get as it levels. I dont know much about those. Permanent horse whistle is probably the biggest seller of the $50 package, though mostly for convenience. You can always just auto run to where you parked your horse and the range of the whistle isn't unlimited. You cant hail your horse like Uber.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

How much are the pets on their own? I'm guessing $10. Are there a lot to choose from? They're non combat pets also I assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    How much are the pets on their own? I'm guessing $10. Are there a lot to choose from? They're non combat pets also I assume.
    There are currently 13 pets with new ones being added frequently it seems. There's 1 hawk and a bunch of cats and dogs. They loot for you and detect stuff like enemies and gatherable resources and you can have a handful out at one time. I think you have to feed them and stuff. Can also buy a house for them to put in your house. I forget exactly how much they are in dollars but they're all 900 pearls and the hawk is 1100. I thought I saw somewhere that they were between $6-10 but I'm not sure. There's also some talk about combining pets to get higher tiers. No idea. All I know is that this game goes in-depth with everything. Everything has a system and layers.

Edit: I think pearls are like $1 for 100 so $9 and $11 for the pets? And between $20-30 for the outfits.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2016-03-19 at 04:11 AM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Hey all, should I go for the $30 or the $50 bundle? Are the extras in the $50 worth much more in the cash shop than than the asking price? Or should I just go $30 since I may not love the game? I mean everything sounds really cool, but theres no telling till I give it a go, so many MMOs lost my attention quickly.
    get the $30 base game, DO NOT buy anything else, their cash shop is overpriced. if you do like the game and will continue to play it, just buy 3 pets.

Ok, thanks for all the info, since the only thing that seems to make a difference is the pet, it would be cheaper just to buy one, and I get the chance to see if I love the game first, so win/win.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Is the BDO universe bigger than WoWs?
    No. Mainly because WoW is mainly based off of preexisting lore. So, they can tell flow through story without getting interrupted by minor or massive flaws.

Also, if the cronicle book creates new lore and new villains and such, yah....that kind of means that they still have room to bring in more enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    someone asked me a map of the full BDO world so I thought I would post it here as well.

Red = Belanos, Serendia and Calpheon, what is currently in game /available in the NA/EU version of the game
    Blue = Mediah, the country/land being added in teh next content patch/update
    Pink = Valencia (aka: the black desert)

After Valencia is coming the naval patch which will add galleon ships and all the northern sea islands and such.
    Then is kamasilve the elven expansion, which is the area south of the currently playable area. Then after that is a supposed dwarf expansion (which i will assume is teh snowy mountain area)

A lot of people talk about how huge the world feels, and it is indeed huge...but that huge map is just a small fraction of the whole world. God, imagine how crazy it'll be once all that is in game? Imagine the trading distance bonus from Valencia to Calpheon? All my yes
    looks as big as 1/7th of the entirety of the eastern kingdoms...hmmm. I'll have to check and see more however.

Deleted
    I don't get the open world pvp part of the game its supposed to be GvG right? But you have no idea what's 50ft infront of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    I don't get the open world pvp part of the game its supposed to be GvG right? But you have no idea what's 50ft infront of you.
    ?

Why don't you have any idea what's in front of you?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    ?

Why don't you have any idea what's in front of you?
    in front yes? plan for large scale attacks? nah cant see whats down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    looks as big as 1/7th of the entirety of the eastern kingdoms...hmmm. I'll have to check and see more however.
    1/7th of the EK would make that whole map a bit bigger than Dun Morogh, and there's no way in hell it's that small. Balenos might be around that size, if not bigger, and it's the smallest of the three regions we have in the area indicated by the red.

Of course, all the additional landmass found in expansions does mean the total landmass of WoW is larger, but with portals, and flying mounts, and flight paths, all of it does end up feeling smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I've heard that it takes 3 hours on the fastest horse to ride across the continent from the two farthest points.

- - - Updated - - -

in front yes? plan for large scale attacks? nah cant see whats down the road.
    Its no different than wow open world pvp, which is an unbalanced mess.

Its really only looking like it'll be enjoyable if you invest substantial time into the game (and a bit of money to make that time more efficient) so that your gear is just way better than everyone else's and you get to just run around and destroy people who are less geared than you.

This games pvp is good for the crowd that likes to just run around and gank people who weren't even trying to pvp.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Its really only looking like it'll be enjoyable if you invest substantial time into the game (and a bit of money to make that time more efficient) so that your gear is just way better than everyone else's and you get to just run around and destroy people who are less geared than you.

This games pvp is good for the crowd that likes to just run around and gank people who weren't even trying to pvp.
    you can see things on the other side of the map in wow.. you literally cannot see whats ahead of you if its distance is greater than 50ft? so its run around in circles and hope to find another group to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about draw distance? Cause that'll murder your hardware exponentially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Are you talking about draw distance? Cause that'll murder your hardware exponentially.
    as far as i know draw distance does not effect how far you can see/detect players.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I've heard that it takes 3 hours on the fastest horse to ride across the continent from the two farthest points.

- - - Updated - - -

took me 4 hours on horseback.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as i know draw distance does not effect how far you can see/detect players.
    It's both graphical and objects. Unless you want things to be floating in mid air.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Pretty much. From my experience, we see NPCs, mobs, players and general details at around 100 meters from what I just tested. Its not great, but increasing it would hurt many people pc. And if you put a slider to modify it, then you give an advantage to those with better pc. So its a bit weird for making strategic decision in pvp I agree, but I think its the best of both world between not hurting performance and not giving an advantage to those with more powerful pc.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2016-03-20 at 03:16 AM.