Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    The only dungeon I've seen much of an issue in recently is Pit of Saron, where I've run into Tyrannus 1 shotting tanks with his knockback while not empowered.

People seem to be getting Garfrost more and more, so wipes have been a lot less for me. Unfortunately it seems there's always one person who doesn't follow quick enough to skip ramp trash.
    I would argue that is more an exploit, like content skipping in the everbloom.
    There are no "game mechanics" seeing "clever" use there, only a delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because terrible expansions drive the biggest base of people away and long periods of no new content cause the steady ones to unsub. Enjoy it you hardcore gamer you, because this is all that will be left by the time Blizzard makes WoW FTP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Yeah that cliff humping in Everbloom.. so annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    I only have problems in Pit of Saron.
    The tanks health in there is like a jojo.
    100%-5%-60%-10%-100%-dead. Well then...
    [...]
    Same here. Most are easy, but this 100-5-100-5 in Pit of Saron happens even for mythic geared tanks. Now we never died, and pulled more than we had to. But still, damage feels really bursty in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah that cliff humping in Everbloom.. so annoying.
    I have yet to find a group that doesn't take 10 times longer failing the jumps than just kill the three mobs that we are (not) skipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    I have yet to find a group that doesn't take 10 times longer failing the jumps than just kill the three mobs that we are (not) skipping.
    I know, right? So ridiculous! I don't get why players are so obsessed with skipping trash and risk situations where the skipped mobs come back to bite them in the ass. ... literally.

Always the same thing: Player skips trash -> something unexpected happens -> skipped trash adds -> healer can't compensate because healers in WoW are weak as shit -> wipe -> loooots of wasted time.

Oh and agreed on the HP-Jojo in PoS. Dear lord it feels like trying to heal a clothie instead of a TANK. Can't take my eyes of the darn tank for more then 2 GCDs w/o him dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Majority of the playerbase can, in fact, handle mythic difficulty raid fights.

Not instantly of course, but 95%+ of people playing WoW have enough dexterity and physical / mental health to understand and handle a mythic raid boss.
    Yes, even you, 10k DPS scrub dying on every fucking fire in my LFR.
    Let me express my polite, but extreme, skepticism at your claim there.

I doubt most of the player population could achieve the dps numbers needed for mythic even on a practice dummy with no other mechanics to worry about.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I can't say he's wrong. It mostly just comes down to mindset a lot, and how you view WoW.

Ofc, that could be said for most things. I could learn how to be an electrician if I put my mind to it, but I have different things I could put my mind to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There are no "game mechanics" seeing "clever" use there, only a delay.
    Yeah, today in POS timewalk the tank wanted to kick a dk dps ONLY because he didn't know about the trash skipping trick and stayed behind so we had to kill the trash. I voted no (I was healer), and it didn't pass, but seriously, it's not the difficulty level but the dickiness level of people in timewalks that makes them unable to be handled en masse.

I've already seen this week except the dk vote kick:

1) me getting vote kicked (as tank) because a dps asked me to skip Svala and I did while the healer didn't agree

2) a healer wanting to skip Jedoga and arguing with a dps that didn't want to (luckily no kicks this time)

3) a mage pulling ahead of me (the tank) all the time because he had Taregosa, even when I was feared by the trash in the statue corridor in halls of lightning

4) a guy staying afk on follow for about 80% of the dungeon because he was duo queued with the tank

5) joining a dungeon in progress somewhere in the room before 1st boss in old kingdom because "tank didn't interrupt and rage quit"

6) joining another one on last boss in POS because "tank was a noob"

7) tank raging at the hunter he supposedly didn't stop dps during debuff on last boss in POS even though he didn't kite boss through ice AND I managed to heal him nps through the fight

Could find a few more but can't remember now. And this is ONLY this week not previous events.

I sincerely hope Blizzard will never put again skippable bosses and tricky to skip trash (like the walljump thing in everbloom or the 2 groups on POS ramp). There's ALWAYS drama because someone skipped / didn't skip.

Well if one person dont know how to skip everbloom then you really just need a couple for know and then they can use 3 seater mount to get the others. But i find the time of day you queue up can determine how good a pug is. When i play early mornings US time the grps are usually pretty good but if i play at US night, the grps can vary a lot more

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea what you were all talking about until I started queuing on my rogue alt instead of tanking these. So much depends, I think, on whether tank in particular has been there before. The groups I've tanked have mostly gone smoothly. The ones I've done as DPS have been pretty crazy lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naah. Except from PoS ramp trash (which would be fine if people interrupt/CC a bit) all other TW runs were smooth sailing.

I have to admit though that tanks feel VERY squishy in all of them.

Me thinks that you can feel this content wasn't designed around active mitigation.
    If the tanks AM is up, no problem, but during the downtime damage spikes rather extremely.
    Back then mitigation was mostly passive stuff with the occasional CD when shit hit the fan.

I wish that Blizzard would revise mechanics and trash abilities on top of the mere numbers tuning, because as a healer the typical brute force mindset of todays PuG makes you struggle very hard at times.

yes I feel like I often have to just chain spam non stop my biggest single heal on the tank especially if he is tanking 3+ hard hitting mobs

stop for even a second - tank can die, especially brewmasters

I noticed that PoS was my only problem up to this week - every other one was face roll.
    This week though I notice as a tank I am the top dps (trash and boss) and it's not by a little bit.
    We get through them, but this shit is annoying its like im carrying the 3 dps everytime.

I wish I had some sort of misdirect as a tank... I would be killing these dps over and over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I noticed that PoS was my only problem up to this week - every other one was face roll.
    This week though I notice as a tank I am the top dps (trash and boss) and it's not by a little bit.
    We get through them, but this shit is annoying its like im carrying the 3 dps everytime.

I wish I had some sort of misdirect as a tank... I would be killing these dps over and over.
    That's not really surprising, especially if you play a dk or a prot paladin and if you have some BiS items such as the MoP legendary cloak. Some specs/classes are way better than others in the TW dungeons, and the imbalance is real. My hunter is way more efficient in TW than my shadow priest, even if they are both above 720 ilvl with a similar dps in HFC.

And honestly I find the TW dungeons quite simple if you respect some basic rules and have a functional brain (don't pull 30 mobs, don't stand in fire, try to interrupt...). They are pretty much faceroll. Only a few bosses are a bit challenging, for example Garfrost. PoS remains easy as long as you're not impatient and if you pull one pack and not the entire room (for example the trashs after Krick).
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2016-03-20 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hunter is way more efficient in TW than my shadow priest, even if they are both above 720 ilvl with a similar dps in HFC.
    I have Tarecgosa, Cloak + Ring .... still no friggin chance against them hunters. Esp not when stuff dies super quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    I only have problems in Pit of Saron.
    The tanks health in there is like a jojo.
    100%-5%-60%-10%-100%-dead. Well then...

Also all tanks I met in there have this need to skip mobs by hopping the wall.
    The moment one other player misses the jump by a bit, or lands a liiiitle bit further then the tank, all hell breaks lose.
    I had PoS 6 times today, and each time we had wipes due to failed mob skipping.

I made macros for the bosses in there, because I don't want wipefests, and having to run back.
    Even if you warn people about brand on the first boss, they just ignore what you say and go full dps, mark or not.
    Tank dies, people yell at me: learn to f*king heal you filthy scum
    The things I had thrown in my face today, you don't want to know.
    It also just takes a looong time in there to get some of the trash mobs down.

From now on I'll just pop out of PoS whenever it pops up, and hop onto one of my other healers.
    I'm not taking this verbal abuse in PoS anymore.
    there i am on my DK solo'in the first boss because everyone died, then again on 2nd when they die to poison nova, don't be a healer you can't heal bad, be the tank who can solo carry xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I have Tarecgosa, Cloak + Ring .... still no friggin chance against them hunters. Esp not when stuff dies super quickly.
    715 ring or legendary? the legendary is complete shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    That's not really surprising, especially if you play a dk or a prot paladin and if you have some BiS items such as the MoP legendary cloak. Some specs/classes are way better than others in the TW dungeons, and the imbalance is real. My hunter is way more efficient in TW than my shadow priest, even if they are both above 720 ilvl with a similar dps in HFC.

And honestly I find the TW dungeons quite simple if you respect some basic rules and have a functional brain (don't pull 30 mobs, don't stand in fire, try to interrupt...). They are pretty much faceroll. Only a few bosses are a bit challenging, for example Garfrost. PoS remains easy as long as you're not impatient and if you pull one pack and not the entire room (for example the trashs after Krick).
    I agree with you. That's how they have been for me for months. IDK if I was unlucky or something changes but none of the dps ever broke 2k, and barely breaking 1k. But, I agree up to this week I called these lolfaceroll.
    I am a DK btw, and I do have the cloak - and leg. ring. But in prior weeks at least the dps kept up with me.. this week was just stupid.

Deleted
    Less than 2k dps this week? Wow, the dps were seriously slacking/afking then. I must be at 4,5k per boss with the SP, 9k with the hunter (without cloak or BiS old items) just with a normal dps cycle and not afking.

The 735 legendary ring is utter shit in TW. 2% more dps with a 771 ring.

My only complaint is PoS. It feels way over scaled compared to the other dungeons available in TW. The health pools on bosses are way larger, and people seem to just forget how the mechanics on those fights work.

Deleted
    I feel like the players are not really used to encounter any difficulty in dungeons anymore, and that is causing the wipes at PoS because we forgot what is a real dungeon where you can't pull the whole room and trololol ring boom:

- The heroic WoD dungeons are so faceroll now (they were really challenging and interesting at the beginning of WoD though, now every heroic dungeon is a rape);
    - The TW dungeons, except a few, remain quite simple;
    - The mythic dungeons groups are filled with 720+ groups, nullifying the difficulty.

Well, PoS is not that difficult anyway, but is compared to the other TW (discovered the dungeon this week because I started at MoP, and enjoyed the dungeon).
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2016-03-20 at 07:23 PM.