Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Ghostcrawler, Micky Neilson, Rob Pardo, Paul Sams, Bashiok, Zarhym, Crithto all left after their contribution to WoD. It seems like there is a huge internal struggle regarding the direction of WoW. Let's hope that Blizzard can move forward with these high profile departures.
    Honestly, when we were listening to the communication of Ghostcrawler he did not have the best logic I have seen, but it was still better than the current mentality of WoW.

There is plenty of the best people that left to work on other projects too like Jeff Kaplan (Overwatch now).

I really truely hope they change the direction of WoW to cater to the hardcore audience, that is what worked in Vanilla, TBC and less so but still a bit in WotLK.

I have no idea what direction they will go. Legion is just another casual as fuck expansion. Are you guys aware it takes 2 weeks to fill the entire Artifact tree for instance? It is not the saving grace of WoW at all...

We can only wait and see what the expansion after Legion will bring to figure out if anything changed.

yep another abandoning the ship. nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    I don't get it, Blizzard employs almost 5000 employees, do people here think a company offor at size doesn't have people leaving and joining the company each year?
    Working at Blizzard used to be the dream. These days it seems like high profile Blizzard employees are looking for "a change" in greener pastures in other jobs. Blizzard is not the same as it used to be, and it shows in their work (WoD).

"old timers" being the point here - they've worked at Blizzard for a LONG time, so being a human, after that long they want change. It's not about "jumping a sinking ship" or whatever 12 year old connotation you want to associate with it.
    Thing is, they all left in short timeframe. If it were two or three leaving in short period, that would be a guess of "real life changes". But that many raises that something suspicious going on.

I dont believe in people saying CM getting fired because Devs posts themselves nowadays. Devs used to post alot before too, specially Ghostcrawler. But that didnt make the CM team any thinner.

I have a strong feeling that something is going on in their HQ, but noone seem allowed to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Thing is, they all left in short timeframe. If it were two or three leaving in short period, that would be a guess of "real life changes". But that many raises that something suspicious going on.

I dont believe in people saying CM getting fired because Devs posts themselves nowadays. Devs used to post alot before too, specially Ghostcrawler. But that didnt make the CM team any thinner.

I have a strong feeling that something is going on in their HQ, but noone seem allowed to talk about it.
    idk, to me it feels like chronicle and the illidan book is finished and now that thats finished micky felt like his job was done and it was time to move on.

guess he'll never get the chance to make me'dan cool though
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler, Micky Neilson, Rob Pardo, Paul Sams, Bashiok, Zarhym, Crithto all left after their contribution to WoD. It seems like there is a huge internal struggle regarding the direction of WoW. Let's hope that Blizzard can move forward with these high profile departures.
    Since when cms have a matter to say in the development of WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    yep another abandoning the ship. nothing new
    yep another who has no argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by njeebje View Post
    People leaving a major game company is worse then some laid off workers due to the economy being bad.. that said nobody would leave a major game company that has good ratings and fun games they themselves enjoy clearly they don't and blizzard has neither anymore.
    Yeah, I don't know what is so hard to understand for some people.
    Those who left, they clearly didn't see future at Blizzard to be interesting enough for them to stay, so instead they rather take a break, move somewhere else or start their own projects.
    They are leaving one after another. This is very bad sign and you can't compare that with the whole company disbanding after losing a project.

Deleted
    who is that again?

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    who is that again?
    one of the guys alongside kosak and metzen who had a hand in governing the lore of the warcraft series, hes been working on warcraft since warcraft 3.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Rats leaving the ship.....
    Is this The End?

10+ Year Old Account
    Working at Blizzard used to be the dream.
    You work some place for 22 years and it's not uncommon to have different dreams. It's a job after all. It really is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    After seeing how many times the term "Awesome power" was used in chronicles, i'd be okay with this.

It really ruined the mood everytime you read awesome power.
    This made me chuckle. I remember as a kid I would read the Dragonlance series, and I got ahold of the Annotated Chronicles and in it one of the authors talked about how they overused the words "loomed" and "largely". Then they talked about how they got chewed out for talking about a tree or something that was "looming largely". Your comment just reminded me of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

I just want to quote what Paul Sams, former COO of Blizz said when he left last year:

First and foremost, I learned that you must put game quality and player experience first in everything that you do. Gamers are not driven to buy games because they have a clever business model, they buy games that are fun and immersive that deliver on what was promised. I also learned that being a trend chaser or first mover is not a key to victory. Our team here at Ready At Dawn needs to make games that they love and that they want to play so that we can get the very best and most creative work out of our developers. Force feeding a development team to chase a business model or game type trend when the team doesn't love it is a likely losing proposition. A happy and motivated team that is making a game that they absolutely love with a leadership team that doesn't force them to ship their game before it is ready is part of that formula for success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You work some place for 22 years and it's not uncommon to have different dreams. It's a job after all. It really is.
    Or, given the growing list of high profile workers suddenly leaving, maybe it's the company having a different vision. One that they no longer agree with or support.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So many leaving at Blizzard, it makes you think huh? Inb4 Chris Metzen leaves.
    This would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So many leaving at Blizzard, it makes you think huh? Inb4 Chris Metzen leaves.
    Shhh, before apologists swarm you, and tell you these people just got bored of their job and are leaving to seek change...

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Since when cms have a matter to say in the development of WoW?
    I never claimed that they developed WoW.

I think it's healthy for a company to 'refresh' itself. From what I understand, Blizzard has been run by the same people for a very very long time and that they could benefit greatly from changing them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    yep another abandoning the ship.
    Sure next to be seen on project nobody gives a crap about 4,3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    one of the guys alongside kosak and metzen who had a hand in governing the lore of the warcraft series, hes been working on warcraft since warcraft 3.
    aah thanks