Deleted

(RUMOR) Nvidia Pascal GTX 1080, 1080 Ti & Titan Specs Leak Out

looks like 4k is the menu boys, but still only RUMOR

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-specs/

I really hope it's not called the X80.

Also, I'm more interested in the specs of the inevitable and more affordable 1070, 1060 and 1050.

So the Titan and Ti are the same chip but use different memory? So the chip would have to support both HBM and GDDR memory? Seams unliekly. Aslo, based on the TFLOPS numbers the chip would have to be over 450mm2 on a new node. Means either very limited number of GPU's or it's going to be coming very late in the year.

I wouldn't trust that graph.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Aslo, based on the TFLOPS numbers the chip would have to be over 450mm2 on a new node.
    I wonder how did you make this deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I wonder how did you make this deduction.
    I assumed that we would see 2.5 time more transistors per mm2 on 16nm over 28nm. So, if we assume that a Titan X which is 600mm2 on 28nm it would become 240mm2. Now, the performance gain is double that over Titan X on the graph, so take that 240mm2, double it and you get 480mm2 aka 450mm2+.

This of course is pure speculation and is based of the numbers AMD projects for their transition form 28nm to 14nm. I could be completely wrong. But yea, that much performance does require quite a large chip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transistor count is not the only thing that affects performance, although it's probably the least inaccurate measurement.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Transistor count is not the only thing that affects performance, although it's probably the least inaccurate measurement.
    I know, there are other things that factor into it like clocks and architecture improvements. I mainly use the AMD numbers since it's the only info we got regarding the new 14/16nm GPU's. Like I said, all just speculation, and it will be like that till we get official info or see the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

Also, I'm more interested in the specs of the inevitable and more affordable 1070, 1060 and 1050.
    Probably a placeholder name just so we know it's the equivalent teir.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    It's a fake... come on.

You could atleast try to call it GDDR5x instead of just GDDR5.

Looks like it took 5mins in excel

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fake. I doubt Nvidia is dumb enough to have wasted space for two different memory controllers in their GP100.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    X is likely a placeholder for whatever they'll ultimately do. Hoping it will be 1080, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's fake. I doubt Nvidia is dumb enough to have wasted space for two different memory controllers in their GP100.
    idk, wccftech has been pretty good on reporting very solid rumors in the past.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... but wccftech has the track record of a person on pcp, shrooms and lsd all at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    idk, wccftech has been pretty good on reporting very solid rumors in the past.
    They will post everything. Then at some point, they get lucky and it turns out to be true.
    This tho, clearly is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    AdoredTV did a pretty good job covering the rumor. Lots of new rumors but nothing much to go on with.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    wccftech has been pretty good on reporting very solid rumors in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    They will post everything. Then at some point, they get lucky and it turns out to be true.
    This tho, clearly is not.
    From the article:

Both of these redflags will prompt us to label the “confidential” table above as very questionable at best.
    They themselves dont believe it is legit. But they published it anyway
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |