Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That article is just a written up mesh cause last week some retailers changed the date to 30 June and now the article is trying to fuel speculation based on those placeholder dates.

Wish people would just stop posting useless stuff like this until you see a big blue post about a release date.

While I heavily question the veracity of this, that is not outside the realm of possibility. Best Buy did "leak" Overwatch's release date slightly before Blizzard's announcement

Now personally I think Blizz will make a big deal of the release date so a leak like that would be unlikely, but I don't think it's impossible for something like this to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neukhia View Post
    No way, there is still a lot to do.

Any attempt to release early would purely be an attempt to salvage what they can from the mess that was WoD rather than make a great product.

+ your clickbait site lacks references, if a leak did happen images would be everywhere. or any actual quote from any source. it's another shitpost
    Not that much left to be done in all seriousness.

Raid testing can be pushed in as little as 3 weeks as they did in previous expansions, also since the raid instances are staggered, means that they have an additional 8-10 weeks after the expansion launches, to sort that, similar to how they tested some BRF encounters mid Highmaul.

Dungeon testing, most heroics are open, challenge modes only left to be done (mainly the new difficulty upscaling things).
    (Mythic dungeon testing isn't really needed since it's a flat multiplier on top of challenge modes without the ilvl scaling).

Zone testing, mainly two zones, but once those are out, they can be tuned and finished in as little as a month.
    I'm excluding Broken shores because that zone is rather small and won't have much content on it other than introduction to legion.

Class testing, they are still changing a lot, though more classes are coming into place now, once they have the play-styles and talents they want, it's just tuning. So that itself won't take much longer than a month either. Artifacts seem to become more and more solid, will probably finish in the same amount of time.

That leaves us with PvP, which doesn't really have many new things and generally isn't really that important point for them anyway.

30th of June is entirely possible, but again, if the date is true, then the PTR should be coming up early April with pre-patch hitting live servers somewhere mid May. So pretty much, a few more weeks and we'll have an estimation when Legion will be out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Even if the release beta tomorrow must last at least 2 months. They need a month to test pre patch on ptr.

If i recall correctly they never had beta and pre patch ptr up the same time. Then u need a month of live pre patch, new abilities and DH early access.

My math is telling me that june release is 99% not happening.
    Yes they have... EVERY past expansion they have
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    YOu wouldnt say this if you would be IN the alpha.... sure if you want another screw up like wod lets through it out like it is...unfinished, lots missing and bugs....
    I'm in Alpha and have leveled almost every class to 108(and some multiple specs.) They are very well along way way way further along than when any other expansion released beta. Got two more zones to do, but I don't see June 30th as an impossibility.

Still missing some specs, glyph system not in, etc.

Wishful thinking but a June release means the pre patch has to hit the PTR by April.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Still missing some specs, glyph system not in, etc.

Wishful thinking but a June release means the pre patch has to hit the PTR by April.
    Exactly what I was saying. Expect the release date to be out [if this is happening] by the end of this month or the end of April
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

June 30 release would mean that 7.0 would be on the PTR right about now. And that's definitely not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    June 30 release would mean that 7.0 would be on the PTR right about now. And that's definitely not happening.
    No

So much misinformation. The last two pre-patches to hit the PTR were on there for one month or LESS.

For a june 30th release pre-patch needs to launch at the end of May/first week of June, means prepatch can hit the PTR early May.

I personally don't see June 30th happening, I would see it as Mid July to Early August. With pre-patch early to end of June on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    No

So much misinformation. The last two pre-patches to hit the PTR were on there for one month or LESS.

For a june 30th release pre-patch needs to launch at the end of May/first week of June, means prepatch can hit the PTR early May.

I personally don't see June 30th happening, I would see it as Mid July to Early August. With pre-patch early to end of June on live.
    WoD's PTR was up for a month. The pre-patch iteself was 1 month. So yes, we would need a 7.0 ptr announcement very soon for a June 30 release.

WoD's PTR was up for a month. The pre-patch iteself was 1 month. So yes, we would need a 7.0 ptr announcement very soon for a June 30 release.
    Very soon, it needs to be at the end of apirl lol

7.0 will launch with the release of the movie (class changes and UI updates)
    7.0.x will launch one to two months later (pre-expansion patch)
    7.0.x.x will launch one to two weeks after that (actual release)

Expected release: July

Also, there's no chance in Hades that they'll release it on the 30th of June (Reason: 4th of July)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Very soon, it needs to be at the end of apirl lol
    An announcement in a couple of weeks, then the ptr servers up a couple of weeks after that. That is not very far away at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    An announcement in a couple of weeks, then the ptr servers up a couple of weeks after that. That is not very far away at all.
    I mean 6.4.2 is shipping this week, and the 7.0 ptr 7.0.3 fork has already happened on the alpha servers...

Could have PTR soon tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I mean 6.4.2 is shipping this week, and the 7.0 ptr 7.0.3 fork has already happened on the alpha servers...

Could have PTR soon tbh.
    This, they tested the pre patch stuff for wod before they even added nagrand.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    7.0 will launch with the release of the movie (class changes and UI updates)
    7.0.x will launch one to two months later (pre-expansion patch)
    7.0.x.x will launch one to two weeks after that (actual release)

Expected release: July

Also, there's no chance in Hades that they'll release it on the 30th of June (Reason: 4th of July)
    Because america is the only country that plays WoW right? just because they're based from the U.S doesn't mean they wouldn't release it because of that american holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Because america is the only country that plays WoW right? just because they're based from the U.S doesn't mean they wouldn't release it because of that american holiday.
    They would never release so close to blizzcon, they'll never release not on a Tuesday, they'll never release on September, why do arguments like this always come up, they have always released the time more or less when it was ready, and its not highly out of the question for it to release around the 30th for those of us that know how blizzard has been doing its betas and alphas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    The only real thing to test, is that new dungeon system lol
    The weapons aren't finished, some specs still aren't being tested, both are pretty major features and are a large part of why it is still in alpha and not moved into beta. Many talents can't be chosen still for working specs, zones aren't completed, the new pvp system has had limited testing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

What Blizzard has people test, and what they have done, isn't the same thing.

Tightening up class mechanics after the changes, and tweaking dungeons, has nothing to do with how far along the internal build is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    What Blizzard has people test, and what they have done, isn't the same thing.

Tightening up class mechanics after the changes, and tweaking dungeons, has nothing to do with how far along the internal build is.
    I can safely assume from every single expansion since Wrath that it IS NOT FAR ALONG ENOUGH. This time MIGHT be different, I'm one of the few willing to give them chances seeing all the people they hired to work on WoW, but if I was going gut feeling along with past experiences. They're not ready to shove this out in June. Not without them crippling the game for life when all the bugs and issues come out.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.