Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    Sounds pretty awful to always be reminded of the awful political atmosphere that permeates the US, but I guess that's none of my business. I know I couldn't handle it.
    Yeh, matter of perspective n such. I'm a political scientist by training, very much interested in all the political goings-on, good or bad.

It's really interesting to hear how many people (well, to qualify, how much attention is given to such people) who have never had any interest in politics because of the reasons you've expressed, are now for the first time in 50-60-90 years actually engaged in the political process thanks to Trump. Regardless of the outcome, it'll be a fascinating case study for future students of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Yeh, matter of perspective n such. I'm a political scientist by training, very much interested in all the political goings-on, good or bad.

It's really interesting to hear how many people (well, to qualify, how much attention is given to such people) who have never had any interest in politics because of the reasons you've expressed, are now for the first time in 50-60-90 years actually engaged in the political process thanks to Trump. Regardless of the outcome, it'll be a fascinating case study for future students of politics.
    Or if Trump wins, how we had another impeached president.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Or if Trump wins, how we had another impeached president.
    For what reason will he be impeached?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great and Powerful View Post
    When I was grinding in WoW I was watching Bernie Sanders 8.5 hour filibuster on Youtube. Something very soothing just watching that old man ranting about the economy for 8 hours straight!
    Really? I was under the impression he never actually did anything in the senate.

10+ Year Old Account

Really? I was under the impression he never actually did anything in the senate.
    I mean, Filibustering is kinda doing nothing =P

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account

I can't imagine how he wouldn't. He is going to treat the white house like one of his reality shows, we all know it, which will cause some huge amount of fuckery and people won't have it.

Sitting here on a random rock in FFXIV in my miner gear, getting drenched by the persistent downpour. Somehow it feels good.
    It's been some weeks before I watched it and I don't particularly want to go through it all again to find the exact times.
    Yeah no problem, I guess I just got the impression from all the media coverage, that he uh, wasn't actually a very effective senator. I know his views are quite outside the mainstream but- hm, well I guess I see him on the left and Ted Cruz on the right in about the same position, with probably the same level of support among the left/right base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I mean, Filibustering is kinda doing nothing =P
    I wouldn't call what the senate republicans are doing the Obama's supreme court nomination "nothing". And Ted Cruz and Ron Paul are highly praised within conservative media for their filibusters of what conservatives consider important issues to fight against, even if it didn't amount to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was grinding in WoW I was watching Bernie Sanders 8.5 hour filibuster on Youtube. Something very soothing just watching that old man ranting about the economy for 8 hours straight!
    Politics induce headaches in me.

I want to move somewhere to where I don't have to care about politics and I'm not hammered over the head by politics 24/7.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

I can't imagine how he wouldn't. He is going to treat the white house like one of his reality shows, we all know it, which will cause some huge amount of fuckery and people won't have it.
    I'm not sure I follow. Impeachment requires some sort of criminal action. Bill Clinton lied under oath (which is criminal), which led to his impeachment. What has Trump done, or what will he do, that is criminal?

- - - Updated - - -

Politics induce headaches in me.

I want to move somewhere to where I don't have to care about politics and I'm not hammered over the head by politics 24/7.
    Isn't that most places? I mean you don't have to click the clickbait threads about politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that most places? I mean you don't have to click the clickbait threads about politics.
    I don't read threads about politics. It's just that it's EVERYWHERE ELSE. It's like handegg. Everyone cares about it and I just can't give a fuckin shit. I don't feel obligated to take part in a system I didn't choose and was born into. I just want to live my life but everyone else thinks it's my duty to "vote for the right person" and do stupid shit like that. I don't want to participate in the game, but apparently if I don't other people get to affect my life without my consent.

I'm not sure I follow. Impeachment requires some sort of criminal action. Bill Clinton lied under oath (which is criminal), which led to his impeachment. What has Trump done, or what will he do, that is criminal?
    Oh I'm sure he has done something criminal in the past, this is Trump we are talking about after all. As for what he could do, the sky is usually the limit when it comes to him. I mean at no time has he told the truth or treated this election like anything more than one of his t.v. shows.

I normally don't care about politics, but Trump is obviously the wrong choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm sure he has done something criminal in the past, this is Trump we are talking about after all. As for what he could do, the sky is usually the limit when it comes to him. I mean at no time has he told the truth or treated this election like anything more than one of his t.v. shows.

I normally don't care about politics, but Trump is obviously the wrong choice.
    If Trump is the wrong choice, that means Hillary is the right choice and that's wrong. Trump can't get his shit past Congress if he's actually as abrasive as he acts. Hillary is good at sucking dick and playing with corporations, she can have an actual lasting effect on the country and that's awful.

We all know Bernie is not going to make it to general. Superdelegatation is fucking cheating, but that's how the dice will roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news, one week away, so have two minutes of spoilers http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/0...inutes-of.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary is a two-faced Say-whatever-you-want-to-hear flipflop political machine in Wallstreet's pockets.
    Trump is a sensationalist xenophobic egomaniac and warcrime advocate relying on inciting anger with little loyalty to his own party.

Pick your poison!
    Trump because the political atmosphere in the US is already very anti-extremism, so Trump will not be able to get much done. Maybe next election will be better.

He's "effective" that he does everything he can to push for the things he stands for, but yeah, can't do much alone as one lowly senator. He spoke on one of the things they tried to push through. They won a majority on the vote, but due to the way the system works, you need a 60% majority which they fell short of. That must be depressing.

He's a very ACTIVE senator, but I guess that does not equal effectiveness if you can't sway things your way. But he sure is one heck of an activist for his beliefs!
    Mmmm indeed, I suppose in an egalitarian (population-vote-wise) system like the senate there's not a whole lot you can do except make noise where you can, for the causes you can. That's something I do admire about him, he's making noise. And in the case of the current presidential race, he's now making it on a national level, and I think a lot of people are agreeing with him.
    I don't read threads about politics. It's just that it's EVERYWHERE ELSE. It's like handegg. Everyone cares about it and I just can't give a fuckin shit. I don't feel obligated to take part in a system I didn't choose and was born into. I just want to live my life but everyone else thinks it's my duty to "vote for the right person" and do stupid shit like that. I don't want to participate in the game, but apparently if I don't other people get to affect my life without my consent.
    Well, inconsistencies in your statements aside, that's pretty much the definition of democracy. People express their opinion via voting. Those who care, vote. Those who don't care, well guess what, you gotta live with the votes of others. I mean if you don't want to live in a democracy you could move to China or something, maybe they'd provide you with a life more to your liking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, inconsistencies in your statements aside, that's pretty much the definition of democracy. People express their opinion via voting. Those who care, vote. Those who don't care, well guess what, you gotta live with the votes of others. I mean if you don't want to live in a democracy you could move to China or something, maybe they'd provide you with a life more to your liking?
    My problems with democracy is expanded into politics as a whole. In order to exist as humans, we require other people to control what each individual is allowed to do.

I do not like this as a whole, but I guess that just means I don't like being human. Though, being not human means I have to survive on my own and can die at any time because someone else wants to survive, so I guess ultimately it just means I don't like living.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    In other news, one week away, so have two minutes of spoilers http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/0...inutes-of.html
    i was wondering when the season was.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump because the political atmosphere in the US is already very anti-extremism, so Trump will not be able to get much done. Maybe next election will be better.
    Kanye West 2020.

Mmmm that's not how politics works.
    Hasn't done anything yet

I'm sure he knows good and well the things he say go against the Geneva Convention.
    Nooooooo no no, let me stop you there, he hasn't actually done anything. He's well aware of the law, and he won't do anything illegal. His supporters are angry, and he's saying things to get votes. Immoral? Yes. Illegal? No. As you've pointed out, he knows the law, and he won't actually do any of those things, but it doesn't matter. In an election, speech is what matters, not action, and you can't be convicted on speech alone.
    If Trump is the wrong choice, that means Hillary is the right choice and that's wrong.
    You're right, that's wrong, but it doesn't mean that. It means we need to have more than 2 extreme black and white options.
    Heh, more like, the atmosphere is entirely extremism, on both sides. What both sides agree on is the anti-establishment viewpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, that's wrong, but it doesn't mean that. It means we need to have more than 2 extreme black and white options.

Heh, more like, the atmosphere is entirely extremism, on both sides. What both sides agree on is the anti-establishment viewpoint.
    Too bad we abandoned George Washington's revolutionary viewpoint of political parties being bad as soon as he stepped out of office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone end my misery. So...tired. But can't sleep for 3 hours at least.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)