Thread: Black Desert

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    So how you actually level in this game, like whats the best way?

I'm having fun but it seems like my highest character is lvl 25 and is sort of stuck there. I've built a small manufacturing chain with all my excess energy and contribution points but it seems like I've plateaued level wise.

Tip: Don't buy games for endgame (people mostly mean raids) when they advertise themselves as being open games with lots to do. That means their endgame is probably shallow because they have dozens of other systems to support too. For example, BDO has a huge crafting/trading system, something that is the endgame for quite a number of people, gotta build that empire.
    I can't say I'm an expert, but it seems like killing mobs is what raises your level bar, and most quest rewards are what mostly push your contribution points (aside from black spirit quests). Just hit 29 tonight, and I've been spending my time beating on orcs (red - purple text mobs are always where it's at). Once I hit 30 I'll probably go back a bit and do some profession / housing / node oriented stuff (ie, the things where I still don't know what I'm doing), rinse, repeat.

But I'm never in a rush in these sort of games. If you want to hit max level in an expedient fashion, I don't think questing is how to go about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Character level xp comes 99% from killing mobs. The rest 1% is from Black Spirit quests and random stuff like fishing, cooking etc.

Skill xp is gained from killing mobs and quests (mostly Black Spirit or dailies) that reward skill xp.

Energy cap is increased by discovering new locations, people and knowledge. Gathering, life etc. quests are good for this thing, too.

All other quests (the majority of them) reward contribution xp -> contribution points.

To reach level 50 (or whatever), you need to kill a certain amount of mobs. Whether you do it while questing or just grind it really doesn't matter. It's the only real source of xp for your character so sooner or later you need to kill the mobs.

I would recommend grinding level first, questing later. Being higher level and having more knowledge opens up more quests. This reduces the amount of running back and forth and finding new quests in the place you just thought you finished up.

You should do quests that are a couple of levels lower than you, basically green stuff.

This is my experience of the questing and leveling in the game thus far.

I've leveled 3 chars to 50, my main is nearly 52 now.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2016-03-20 at 06:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

anyone know of a reason that people aren't able to buy the game? i'm in the US and i've tried 2 browsers and payment methods and they all say payment failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    as far as i know draw distance does not effect how far you can see/detect players.
    Well thats because that's a stat inagme some gems for helmet increase Vision range by 5M or 10m iirc.

Tried to buy myself from EU, says payment failure

I don't mean to sound stupid but 2 things. 1 are classes really gender locked and 2 Is there a vsync option anywhere or is it just on automatically?

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw another great guild recruitment note on our server:

i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Out of recent mmo's, this one has probably been the most confusing for me in regards to Nodes, Crafting and general questing paths. Just been spammed black spirit quests for the majority of leveling to 20, where other quests have me backtracking across the map. Feels like the game is around about the same lines as Archeage to me, though a tad more new player friendly.

I do like the combat, though it can be a tad over the top in terms of graphical display.

All in all, a good action combat game in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Æony View Post
    Well thats because that's a stat inagme some gems for helmet increase Vision range by 5M or 10m iirc.
    yeah you can get some gems for the helm which increase vision range.. probably a few other items increase it aswell. its fair enough its a stat but it makes for poor open world pvp imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Saw another great guild recruitment note on our server:

i saw the same guild do a racist white power advertisement aswell. top top guild up there with nessert diggers. really want to be a part of that

I was seriously contemplating picking BDO up this weekend, but - on a whim - I checked to see if it had any invasive anti-cheat mechanisms before doing so. From what I've found, it looks like it installs XignCode3. Other unpalatable notes about XignCode3 I've found:

* The installation of XignCode3 isn't mentioned
    * It "phones home"
    * It runs whether or not BDO is active
    * It isn't uninstalled with BDO
    * It doesn't provide an uninstaller. It must be done manually with registry edits.

Can anyone confirm that XignCode3 is installed with the NA version of BDO? If so, it's really disappointing, as I wanted to try the game out, but I really hate unannounced, invasive programs being installed on my computer.

Some sources:
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/...tall-procedure
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/...h-black-desert
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesert...eat_xingcode3/
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...at-protection/

Tbh a few hours in I'm just going to say it bluntly. It's not a bad game but it certainly doesn't feel "next gen" as advertised just like every other korean MMO. I mean I'll give it a few more days but hope others are enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    I was seriously contemplating picking BDO up this weekend, but - on a whim - I checked to see if it had any invasive anti-cheat mechanisms before doing so. From what I've found, it looks like it installs XignCode3. Other unpalatable notes about XignCode3 I've found:

* The installation of XignCode3 isn't mentioned
    * It "phones home"
    * It runs whether or not BDO is active
    * It isn't uninstalled with BDO
    * It doesn't provide an uninstaller. It must be done manually with registry edits.

Can anyone confirm that XignCode3 is installed with the NA version of BDO? If so, it's really disappointing, as I wanted to try the game out, but I really hate unannounced, invasive programs being installed on my computer.

Some sources:
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/...tall-procedure
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/...h-black-desert
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesert...eat_xingcode3/
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...at-protection/
    Seems to be installed with the game, but isn't running constantly, only when the game is active. It seems to be a separate executable (or two) in the BD root\subfolder. I'll try some procmon/procexp tomorrow, to see what actually runs it and from where.

I would be more concerned with the NSA listening to your skype calls personally, but..

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Seems to be installed with the game, but isn't running constantly, only when the game is active. It seems to be a separate executable (or two) in the BD root\subfolder. I'll try some procmon/procexp tomorrow, to see what actually runs it and from where.
    Thanks, I'll be interesting in hearing what you find. It's surprisingly hard to find detailed information about it - at least in English. Not surprising since it's not developed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I would be more concerned with the NSA listening to your skype calls personally, but..
    Oh, I've heard some scary things about Skype - but the last time I used it was years ago.

World bosses have a insane amount of hp, we were alot of people on the one west of Heidel but never got him down.

Deleted
    Apparently my tier 4 horse got a ghilli suit

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    heh

Speaking of which, I would love a middle earth mmo remade with the systems and graphics that BDO has.

I enjoy the game but I haven't got into the world and lore so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh a few hours in I'm just going to say it bluntly. It's not a bad game but it certainly doesn't feel "next gen" as advertised just like every other korean MMO. I mean I'll give it a few more days but hope others are enjoying it.
    no one claimed it was "next gen" - at least none of us playing it, and we are the ones you should listen to, not some marketing campaign. what i've read and waht I think myself is: This game is NOT for everyone, imo its not for the majority of mmo gamers - its super grindy and it doesnt hold your hand. YOU need to decide what to do, what to focus on - the game doesnt tell you.

for me, I am focusing on getting wep and chest armor (for now) to +15. wep is sitting at +13, those last two levels are gonna be hell I predict :P - but I love it.

anyway, good idea to give it some more time - and maybe you get turned around. if not, thats no prob either, no shame in not liking a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    someone asked me a map of the full BDO world so I thought I would post it here as well.

Red = Belanos, Serendia and Calpheon, what is currently in game /available in the NA/EU version of the game
    Blue = Mediah, the country/land being added in teh next content patch/update
    Pink = Valencia (aka: the black desert)

After Valencia is coming the naval patch which will add galleon ships and all the northern sea islands and such.
    Then is kamasilve the elven expansion, which is the area south of the currently playable area. Then after that is a supposed dwarf expansion (which i will assume is teh snowy mountain area)

A lot of people talk about how huge the world feels, and it is indeed huge...but that huge map is just a small fraction of the whole world. God, imagine how crazy it'll be once all that is in game? Imagine the trading distance bonus from Valencia to Calpheon? All my yes
    So currently in the EU/NA version when I press M to access the map and their is a lot of black shroud I can't explore most of the shroud as it's not in the game yet?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    So currently in the EU/NA version when I press M to access the map and their is a lot of black shroud I can't explore most of the shroud as it's not in the game yet?
    Yes.

Also, I found Adolf Catfish: