Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not impossible, but it would really surprise me.

But I think pre-patch in late May/early June and Legion in late July is more likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is no way its going to release any early'er then mid July. They have Overwatch coming out in May, They will not risk cannibalising one of there IP's for the other.
    I sincerely doubt that the playerbase of WoW is the same as the one that would play Overwatch.
    While there are some die hard fans, that play every game Blizzard releases, most of them won't. Not all people are into shooters, especially if they are playing mmorpgs.

So I don't thinkt that the Overwatch release will influence the addon release.

Of course I can just guess but the target playerbases are too different in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If Ubisoft was the dev this would happen, and by "add the needed stuff later on", we would have to pay for it ofc

This is what basically happened with WoD.
    They wanted to add stuff later and realized, nobody wanted even what they have initially released, so they went right over to Legion and have left WoD to bleed out.

Not a smart move, considering Legion still took 2 years to release.
    I guess the plan was to abandon WoD and release Legion sooner, but that didn't work out.
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2016-03-20 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    I sincerely doubt that the playerbase of WoW is the same as the one that would play Overwatch.
    Doesn't matter and good chance the playerbase of WoW is mostly the same as the Overwatch Playerbase. The thing people don't consider is the fact there is a huge chuck of the playerbase that players any title blizzard release's.

But even still as I said it does not matter. No AAA company has ever or will ever release two AAA titles right on top of each other because one will always cannibalise the other. Even more so when one of those IP's is new.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I'm still not convinced.

It is just a difference to release two shooters at once, or a shooter and an rpg.
    Especially if your rpg is currently dieing and would be generating monthly income.

You can't compare those games. One time purchase games are different from WoW. Every month you delay the release will be a month with less subscribtion income. An amount of money that is lost. While people who step back from purchasing overwatch because of WoW will probably try it out later when they are fond of Legion for the first time.
    Overwatch just needs to be bought one time and it doesn't matter much when this one time purchase is done, while wow generates its income over time thus you want it to release as soon as possible to bring back subscribers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    That is really close to the movie release....idk. Something to think about. Maybe blizzards afraid the hype of the movie will have warn off by Sep 30 so they moved up the date to be closer to the movies release. Sounds legit, it would probably be a smart move on their part.
    They stated officially that it would be close to the movie release

If they are all small retailers (I don't know them so I can't tell) they are propably all buying software from the same distributor and that's why they all use the same release date.

I'm still not convinced.

It is just a difference to release two shooters at once, or a shooter and an rpg.
    Especially if your rpg is currently dieing and would be generating monthly income.

You can't compare those games. One time purchase games are different from WoW. Every month you delay the release will be a month with less subscribtion income. An amount of money that is lost. While people who step back from purchasing overwatch because of WoW will probably try it out later when they are fond of Legion for the first time.
    Overwatch just needs to be bought one time and it doesn't matter much when this one time purchase is done, while wow generates its income over time thus you want it to release as soon as possible to bring back subscribers.
    Name me one AAA company that has released two AAA titles within 2 months of each other ill wait....

Once again there is a massive amount of the blizzard fanbase who plays all there games. They will not release Legion in June. Not only could it cannibalise Overwatch it would also be right on top of the movies release. They are going to use the movie to market Legion. A couple weeks difference isn't enough time to get people hooked into wanting to play WoW.

But like I said name me one AAA company that has ever released two big AAA titles right on top of each other. It has zero to do with one being a shooter and the other being a RPG. Both are blizzard titles and a huge amount of blizzards fanbase players most if not all there games.

Its not coming out in June. Its Simple Business logic really, Legion will not release before early July. Hell its no where near close to being ready and 3 more months isn't enough time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Doesn't matter and good chance the playerbase of WoW is mostly the same as the Overwatch Playerbase. The thing people don't consider is the fact there is a huge chuck of the playerbase that players any title blizzard release's.

But even still as I said it does not matter. No AAA company has ever or will ever release two AAA titles right on top of each other because one will always cannibalise the other. Even more so when one of those IP's is new.
    A release one month after Overwatch is NOT "right on top of each other". Especially with the kind of game Overwatch is. It's designed around the casual "I have a few minutes, might as well play a match" philosophy. Most players are not hard on one game, but play whatever they want to play when they want to play. And for most players, Overwatch will just be the "one quick match every other day" game after a month.

That being said, I don't see Legion released that early. I mean, 3 months? There are still two zones, the starting scenario and the whole endgame to be tested (levelcap is not 110, yet, for a reason...). Can they do all this in 3 months?

Balancing of the classes is not that much of a problem, though, since they have a bit more time for that, because raids will not be open with release, as usual. And I'd guess the Challenge Modes will be capped at release as well, or at least their rewards. Or else some OP classes reach mythic rewards before mythic raid is open

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    A release one month after Overwatch is NOT "right on top of each other".
    Yes it is.

Once again name me one AAA company that has released two AAA titles within 2 months of each other. It has never happen and won't happen because the sells of one effects the other. Lots of people buy games on a budget and not everyone has $50 to drop for a Shooter then another $65 on a MMO.

I mean hell look at movies, The Batman V Superman release date was moved just so it wasn't on top of Season 2 of Daredevil and Avatar 2 was moved so it won't be on top Starwars Epsiode VIII.

This isn't anything new. Companys kinda avoid releasing there own product on top of each other and avoid releasing them on top of other products.

Deleted
    Name me one AAA company that has the still worlds bigges MMO on its portfolio which has the potencial of 10 million subs but is currently crumberling at below 5 millions.

Once again there is a massive amount of blizzard fanbase who plays all their games regardless of if they are released simmultaniously or not.

So in short, the blizzard die hard fans will buy both games, no matter what. And those that aren't will buy the game they want to play, or the genre they want to play.
    I for example will not buy Overwatch because I just don't like shooters.

Blizzard is not just one AAA company, it is the one with the only working large scale mmo out there and said mmo has a special standing and is not comparable to any other game or campany.
    This special standing will be enough to justify a short after Overwatch release. Especially when Overwatch is such a niche product that it will not attract so many people anyway.

The shooter genre is pretty much stale. You have CS for the competetive players and you have CoD for the fun gamers. Overwatch is not even a serious shooter, it is a Team Fortress clone and the market for such a product will be extremely small.

WoW is still Blizzards number one racing horse and they will not, and I am totally convinced here, they will not risk to lose even one month of a potencial 10 million sub base.
    WoD has shown the potencial. After release the subs sky rocketed. Overwatch will not even be close on that.

wow. way to ruin the surprise.

Name me one AAA company that has the still worlds bigges MMO on its portfolio which has the potencial of 10 million subs but is currently crumberling at below 5 millions.
    How big WoW is doesn't mean shit. If the playerbase can wait 12 months before new content then they can wait 13 months. Your not using any kind of business logic at all.

Once again name me one AAA company that has released two of its AAA titles on top of each other.

I for example will not buy Overwatch because I just don't like shooters.
    And I among many others will have both.

Edit:
    they will not risk to lose even one month of a potencial 10 million sub base.
    Fucken LOL really. There is no potencial 10 million sub base. Hell there is a good chance the subs are under 5mil as of right now. Do you really think Legion is going to pull 6 million subs out of its ass. Even on the sells boost that isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-03-20 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Might be, they did say it'd be released right after the Movie had launched, which is June 10.

Deleted
    How big WoW is doesn't mean shit. If the playerbase can wait 12 months before new content then they can wait 13 months. Your not using any kind of business logic at all.

Once again name me one AAA company that has released two of its AAA titles on top of each other.
    You just don't seem to understand basic buisness and basic logic, or you're just trolling.

One month of waiting on a sub based buisness model means one month lost for ever. Time doesn't go backwards, a month passed is a month gone. Simple as that.
    Overwatch is not tied to that scheme since it is a one time release where it doesn't matter when the customer decides to buy it. It doesn't matter if they buy it at release or 3 months later.

While a June with only 3 million subs but with the potencial of 10 million subs is 7 million subs lost forever. Peroid.

You just don't seem to understand basic buisness and basic logic, or you're just trolling.
    Ummmm no clearly you don't.

Once again name me one AAA company that has ever released two full price AAA titles on top of each other. Wow has NO potencial of 10 million subs again. You are using personal feelings about Overwatch and WoW to justfi your argument. I am using basic Business 101 to back up my argument. Legion isn't going to bring WoW 6million subs thats a pipe dream.

A good example is when Ubisoft Delayed Watch_Dogs. It was set to release the same day as Assassin's Creed Black Flag but was then pushed to 3 months later. Blizzard is not going to risk one of there new IP's getting killed off.

Also like I said if the playerbase can wait 12 months before new content waiting 13 months isn't going to change anything. Stop using personal feelings and use basic common sense.

Deleted
    Far Cry Primal: February-March
    The Division: March

Both by Ubisoft. Now you could say "yeah but that's a publisher" and yes they are, but show me a game dev company the size of Blizzard that releases (multiple) AAA games every year.
    Last edited by mmoc681761cd8d; 2016-03-20 at 11:53 AM.

Both by Ubisoft. Now you could say "yeah but that's a publisher" and yes they are, but show me a game dev company the size of Blizzard that releases (multiple) AAA games every year.
    That is the only example I can think of where a AAA publisher has released two titles on each other. But like you said there isn't many game dev companys the size of blizzard that releases two titles in the same year (unless one is f2p).

Legion is set for a summer release date and summer starts June 20th. Are people really going to try to say that blizzard is going to release the game they said will come out summer on the first day of it. They left a huge window open to give the game time. They have already banked in a fuck ton of Pre-Orders as well. They have made money off of a game that hasn't even released.

Legion isn't releasing in June.

Deleted

He has used Ubisoft as an own example, so I guess he won't be able to use that exit here. Or his is just trolling, as I have said allready. Anyway doesn't matter what he thinks.

Deleted
    That is the only example I can think of where a AAA publisher has released two titles on each other. But like you said there isn't many game dev companys the size of blizzard that releases two titles in the same year (unless one is f2p).

Legion is set for a summer release date and summer is June 20th. Are people really going to try to say that blizzard is going to release the game they said will come out summer on the first day of it.

Legion isn't releasing in June.
    another Ubisoft example:
    Assassins Creed Syndicate: mid November
    Rainbow Six Siege: early December

It's half a month in between.

Seriously, there are many examples. You just have to google for it...

He has used Ubisoft as an own example, so I guess he won't be able to use that exit here. Or his is just trolling, as I have said allready. Anyway doesn't matter what he thinks.
    I love people like you who say others are trolling when they disagree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

another Ubisoft example:
    Assassins Creed Syndicate: mid November
    Rainbow Six Siege: early December

It's half a month in between.

Seriously, there are many examples. You just have to google for it...
    Ok name me a company like blizzard who does it. Ubisoft is known for round the clock yearly release's.

ALso Assassin's Creed Syndicate released October 23, 2015 and Rainbow Six Siege released December 1, 2015. But I guess Google is hard for ya.