Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Punisher vs Bullseye/Kingpin series. Make it happen.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finished!

Fuck damn they were some fun fight scenes to watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was an amazing season but a pretty lackluster final episode imo.

was the giant hole even explained?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post

The entire "rising" wasn't explained at all. Maybe in Luke Cage?

I wanted to see more Punisher in the last episode. Yeah, he sniped a few ninjas, but we saw an entire army of them before the rooftop scene. And we saw a minigun in the hidden stash of weapons Punisher found after killing the Blacksmith. Talk about a wasted opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    With regular TV shows I agree that once it airs, expect spoilers, but I'd say it's different for shows where the entire season's out there in one go. Can't expect everyone to watch 13 episodes in 1-2 days.
    Dirty casuals.

Loved it.

The Marvel shows are becoming the best reason to have Netflix. I HOPE we get a full on Punisher...min-series, really do not think we need a whole series. Oo Or a made for Netflix movies, with appearances in the other properties. I really like the character I just do not think there is a whole lot to dive into for 13 episodes multiple times.

Its a bummer that some of the best fight scenes and THE. BEST. VILLAIN.(Kingpin) Marvel has on screen are limited to Netflix though.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2016-03-20 at 06:18 AM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I was planning to watch the new season an episode at a time, but it got me hooked to the point that ended up finishing it.

Aside from a few hick-ups, it met my expectations.

Bernthal's portrayal of Punisher was spot on, kudos to him.

Good thing they went with a more ninja-assasin fitting suit than the classic flashy red one for Elektra and I applaud Elodie for not disappointing with her performance.

D'Onoforio has yet again prove himself to be the ideal Kingpin.
    By the way, it was either me trying to corollate too much but it seemed that he now has his suspicions on Matt Murdock being the Daredevil thanks to the bruise he sustained after Matt's assault on him.

I don't know whether if I was trying to connect the dots that weren't there or whether if it was intended, Clancy Brown playing Blackhand in the upcoming Warcraft movie and being the guy with the Black prosthetic hand (During the court scenes) made me predict him as being the Blacksmith.

...and anyone reading this the season's release is nascent, give it the necessary breathing room of a week before stopping the use of spoiler tags.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Dirty casuals.

Loved it.

The Marvel shows are becoming the best reason to have Netflix. I HOPE we get a full on Punisher...min-series, really do not think we need a whole series. Oo Or a made for Netflix movies, with appearances in the other properties. I really like the character I just do not think there is a whole lot to dive into for 13 episodes multiple times.

Its a bummer that some of the best fight scenes and THE. BEST. VILLAIN.(Kingpin) Marvel has on screen are limited to Netflix though.
    Though they are in different camps Tennant shares the throne with D'Onoforio in being a great villain.

In the first season nobu worked with fisk to grab up a specific area of land. Fisk said it was getting difficult to obtain and offered him some others, which nobu declined as he and his organization wanted that plot of land only.

now for season 2 part

Matt remembers seeing blueprints for that building zone before he fought nobu and goes to investigate with elecktra. The hole was probably where they needed to exhume the big iron casket looking thing, that they were feeding blood into and putting the black sky in.

After finishing the season the best parts for me was Punishers interactions with anyone he talked to, Matt especially. As well as Daredevil and Elecktra.

10+ Year Old Account
    show was great until it basicaly turned into arrow... with immortal ninjas and shit. way too much bad elektra plot and not enough punisher, sadly.

Binged it in one day, absolutely loved it, even more so than the first season. The characters were once again phenomenal, Elektra and the Punisher played their parts really well. That scene where he chained Daredevil on the rooftop was probably the past part beside Fisk having some showtime again.

Only negative point I could think of is that after Frank gets taken into custody he doesn't do much for like 5-6 episodes. Which is kind of weird because the Punisher was the selling point of season 2, yet after a couple of episodes it feels like he gets "replaced" by Elektra.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Speculations on season 3 based on Comic, (don't read unless you're familiar with the comic).

Seems to me that it's pretty clear they're setting up for Fisk's retribution, (Frank Miller's version), give aways were Kingpin's ordering a thorough investigation on Matt, and that Matt reveals himself to Page).

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

That was one of three things I didn't really connect either after having watched the season this weekend, the hole, the nickname the Blacksmith (I didn't make the connection at all) and the compact disc that the Punisher took from the photo marked Micro.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    and the compact disc that the Punisher took from the photo marked Micro.
    In the comics, Punisher has(or had, anyway, I don't know current continuity at all) a buddy who went by the name "Microchip", who was usually called Micro for short. He helped Frank acquire weapons, acquired property to use as safe houses, helped out with surveillance and intelligence gathering, ran the finances...basically, he helped out with all of Frank's operation that didn't actually involve pulling a trigger. Guessing the "Micro" disc is a reference to him.

Deleted
    Seemed like Season 2 had several plotholes, of which the big hole is a major one. Also, when Karen goes to Castle's house, the camera specificly zooms in onto a alarm system. Yet it wasn't mentioned at all further down the season. (Im talking about this )

(alarm, or whatever it is)

I dont think the giant hole is a plot hole and was deliberately left mysterious in purpose till season 3, The Hand will be back.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Seemed like Season 2 had several plotholes, of which the big hole is a major one. Also, when Karen goes to Castle's house, the camera specificly zooms in onto a alarm system. Yet it wasn't mentioned at all further down the season. (Im talking about this )

Agents showed up after the alarm had been triggered, my guess is they were waiting for him to show up.

Spoilers for s2, easter eggs ivid

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Daredevil makes Arrow look cheap and fake, even though I enjoy Arrow alot, teh quality of DD is so much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post

Though they are in different camps Tennant shares the throne with D'Onoforio in being a great villain.
    I am torn on this, The Purple Man was quite terrifying and Tennant fucking nailed it. I just think the imposing nature and laser focus of Kingpin puts him in the top chair for me. Purple Man's scope always seemed small, his powers are quite strong I mean DAMN REALLY fucking Strong, but his aims were so material, petty almost, things like desire, lust, things so easy to get for him. If he had the larger aims like Fisk I would proly give him top spot.

But yeh, Marvels best 2 villains exist on the small screen for the time, and thats a bummer. I think KP has a chance to make his way to the big screen at some point though.

Finished the season.

It is just as great as the first, but after Frank was captured the intensity of the story dropped off, as there was no definitive villain with a name and a face you could point a finger at and call the big bad. Imagine if for most of S1 until the season finale, you never saw Fisk, only his mooks; pretty much what happened here. Yes, the Hand is supposed to be a secretive organization but this is television people; you show, don't tell that there's a war going on, and you show it by showing exactly who your up against.

Stick repeatedly mentions that there's a war coming, but either I missed it (you call three heroes versus a couple dozen ninjas for ten minutes total a war?) or they're taking their sweet, sweet time getting around to it.

Giant hole in the ground never revisited, leaving it for S3 I suppose?

The colonel being the Blacksmith came out of nowhere, I don't recall seeing any lead up whatsoever to it.

Why was Elektra "powerful"? What makes the Black Sky so feared? From what we've seen, she's just a badass normal with serial killer issues.

Nobu was underused. You bring him back as the dragon and he's only fighting for less than five minutes in the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    show was great until it basicaly turned into arrow... with immortal ninjas and shit. way too much bad elektra plot and not enough punisher, sadly.
    I think thats what Daredevil is though, very deep in the war with the Hand, mysticism, ninjas and that sort.

I could have used more Punisher as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post

Didnt people show up in a white van and didnt she flee out the back a few minutes after she triggered that?