10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to Russell Wilson's twitter I can blame him for his failures.

- - - Updated - - -

Manziel signed with Rosenhaus, so does this double the chances nobody signs him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The New Jessica Simpson / Tony Romo?

heh, when they were dating everyone blamed poor Jessica for Romo's failures.
    First year I was watching football Romo went on vacation with Simpson in his bye week in the playoffs and there was this HUGE uproar about it in the media. I had no clue what was going on but that was the defining Romo/Simpson moment for me. He promptly lost to the Giants.

Panthers have proposed a rule change. They want to make throwing the ball away intentional grounding unless it's on a screen play.

Cause, you know, Referees don't screw up enough calls yet, so they want to make them do judgement calls on if the ball was catchable or not. Idiotic rule proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    They want to make throwing the ball away intentional grounding unless it's on a screen play.

Cause, you know, Referees don't screw up enough calls yet, so they want to make them do judgement calls on if the ball was catchable or not. Idiotic rule proposal.
    I mean intentional grounding is a horrible rule as it is. Making it where the referees have to make sure a QB left the pocket (which moves) and then make sure the ball crossed the line and also checking for a receiver in the area is pretty crazy. It is one of those rules that would be stupid easy to implement if the football had a chip in it so it would be easy to tell if it crossed the line or where the pocket was. Technology is a good thing and I wish football would embrace it more.

I mean hell, I still find it beyond laughable that they have Windows Surface Tablets on the sidelines but they are not allowed to show replays for the coaches/players to look at. It has to be still pictures.

Deleted
    Panthers have proposed a rule change. They want to make throwing the ball away intentional grounding unless it's on a screen play.

To be fair it is a problem with QB's throwing it away instead of trying to force plays, the out of pocket rule is even more ridiculous. The QB can just throw it away on purpose and not be punished because he just sidesteps slighty outside the tackle box. I mean how many times have we seen Wilson run out of the tackle box, see his receivers weren't open, then wait around, and right before the sack just throw it towards the empty sideline eh?
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2016-03-20 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    To be fair it is a problem with QB's throwing it away instead of trying to force plays, the out of pocket rule is even more ridiculous. The QB can just throw it away on purpose and not be punished because he just sidesteps slighty outside the tackle box. I mean how many times have we seen Wilson run out of the tackle box, see his receivers weren't open, then wait around, and right before the sack just throw it towards the empty sideline eh?
    Haven't seen it enough myself.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First year I was watching football Romo went on vacation with Simpson in his bye week in the playoffs and there was this HUGE uproar about it in the media. I had no clue what was going on but that was the defining Romo/Simpson moment for me. He promptly lost to the Giants.

I bet so much money that the bengals propose that any hit where the defender lines up the crown of his helmet, regardless of whether or not the ball carrier "establishes himself as a runner", warrants a penalty.

Reporters close to the Bengals say that the organization was really pissed off about the Giovanni Bernanrd hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just gonna go RIP RG3 is this whole RG3 to Browns thing goes through...

Im just gonna go RIP RG3 is this whole RG3 to Browns thing goes through...
    Ugh. Poor guy deserves better than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Ugh. Poor guy deserves better than that.
    yeah. Browns and QBs from Texas just dont mix well. Or at all.

yeah. Browns and QBs from Texas just dont mix well. Or at all.
    Could shorten that to Browns and QBs do not mix at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Browns and football don't mix at all, FTFY.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a big fan of many of the rules changes but there are a few I like, the revised challenges could be good - making sure teams have 3 for sure. I didn't even know they had OT in preseason, that would be worth losing. Penalty for calling a timeout when you don't have any timeouts is past overdue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I am not a big fan of many of the rules changes but there are a few I like, the revised challenges could be good - making sure teams have 3 for sure. I didn't even know they had OT in preseason, that would be worth losing. Penalty for calling a timeout when you don't have any timeouts is past overdue.
    Fuck I rember early this year when someone tried to call for a time out when the person never even had the power to call time out and was not penalized.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Pats talking with Nick Fairly (as are a lot of other teams). Jeremy Kerley signs with the Lions for a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pats definitely giving a try to the idea of bringing in as many talented albeit disappointing players and seeing what sticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something new is coming: All or Nothing, a season with the Arizona Cardinals.

Sounds like something I'd LOVE to see. I've always been curious about the inner workings of organizations. Like Hard Knocks, except for a whole year instead of just training camp. Sadly it's only on Amazon, so I'll probably have to find...other means....to watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Pats definitely giving a try to the idea of bringing in as many talented albeit disappointing players and seeing what sticks.
    We've had luck in the past, and with the loss of draft picks, I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...PCg?li=BBnba9I

If that is true that that is what was said, holy fuck the NFL leadership needs to just poof. Its basically "We're judging this based on feels, not reals"

Also, Schrodinger's Catch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its all our mistake anyway, we thought the NFL was there for the viewer to enjoy, but its really there for the officials.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...PCg?li=BBnba9I

If that is true that that is what was said, holy fuck the NFL leadership needs to just poof. Its basically "We're judging this based on feels, not reals"

Also, Schrodinger's Catch.
    Nah, they're turning it into "You're not smart enough to know what a catch looks like. It's all really technical and you wouldn't understand. Just trust us, we know what's good for you."

But yeah, they're idiots.