Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    How this game still has a sub fee is beyond me.. there hasn't been any new content in ages the whole WoD itself only had one "real" patch and it was tanaan jungle the rest were either bug fixing patches or stupid stuff like twitter and selfie cam that was worked on in a week by one guy..

said it once and will say it again there is no future in this game anymore and with someone like Jay Wilson onboard I wouldn't expect much of it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the Vanion-Text:

Der Fakt, dass wir Beta Keys verlosen heißt im Übrigen NICHT, dass die Beta direkt nach Ende unserer Gewinnspiele startet. Sobald wir mehr Informationen zum Start der Beta für euch haben, werden wir euch selbstverständlich ebenfalls informieren.

The fact, that we raffle beta-keys does NOT state, that the beta will start right after the competition. They will inform us as soon as they have more informations about the start of the beta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhaern View Post
    What is your problem with september release guys? I want enjoy summer in REAL LIFE, go to beach, drinking some alcohol and have fun in REAL LIFE, not playing in my house as a fucking no life kid... I prefer September release as normal people with life prefer instead stupid June/July/August release and destroy my holidays.
    I'm tired of WoD and I don't play this game professionally as you seem to say you do. I can enjoy my summer and play a new expansion too.

Deleted
    I predicted a september release once they said "Release on or before September 21st", months ago. Anyone who thought it would come out earlier is literally delusional

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    The main difference between alpha and beta likely will be the amount of people being let in. Once the last specializations are active I would not be shocked to see it go into beta not to far there after. It is also possible they may just have a very short "beta" and just keep it in alpha till they feel its about ready to go and then unleash the hordes on it to stress test for a few weeks.
    The way you're wording this is a bit backwards. The main difference between alpha and beta is the state of the game; the level of changes that are still anticipated. Once they have put each dungeon/spec/feature into a stable place, then they will be ready for stress testing and larger numbers.

I'd also add that "beta" is useful for marketing (hype), which they understand, so I imagine keeping those invites to a minimum early on to flesh out bugs with load, and then use the massive beta invite closer to the release date for hype.

So, no, the main difference between alpha and beta isn't the number of people, especially early in the beta. It's the impact of anticipated changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    I predicted a september release once they said "Release on or before September 21st", months ago. Anyone who thought it would come out earlier is literally delusional
    Not that I want to call people delusional for hoping for an earlier release, but I largely agree with the rest. When Blizzard said it would be released on or before September 21st, I immediately though "Ok sept 21 release, cool."

If it does come out before then, even cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Except for StarCraft expansion being on or before March 21 2016 and releasing in November 2016 and Overwatch being on or before June 21 2016 and releasing 24 May 2016, gotta be really delusional to believe a game could come out sooner then the final day after seeing these 2 examples /sarcastic face.

Ontopic , flame bait topic with misleading title, also i'm confused as to what is the goal of this topic.
    Are we suppose to cry, be triggered, tell the OP he is right ? Just seems like a Blizzard hating finding a way to spread his salt onto others cause of the words on some fansite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    The way you're wording this is a bit backwards. The main difference between alpha and beta is the state of the game; the level of changes that are still anticipated. Once they have put each dungeon/spec/feature into a stable place, then they will be ready for stress testing and larger numbers.

I'd also add that "beta" is useful for marketing (hype), which they understand, so I imagine keeping those invites to a minimum early on to flesh out bugs with load, and then use the massive beta invite closer to the release date for hype.

So, no, the main difference between alpha and beta isn't the number of people, especially early in the beta. It's the impact of anticipated changes.
    Even with "less players at the start of Beta and more players at the end of Beta", it's still a lot more players than Alpha. His point still stands and is 100% accurate.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    What is your problem with september release guys? I want enjoy summer in REAL LIFE, go to beach, drinking some alcohol and have fun in REAL LIFE, not playing in my house as a fucking no life kid... I prefer September release as normal people with life prefer instead stupid June/July/August release and destroy my holidays.
    why cant you do both? its either 24/7 wow or 24/7 beach?

seriously, l2timemanage

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I wonder what they're doing with their "largest" team that it's taking so long. They might be working on future expansions/patches and not expansion launch stuff to try and close the gap that'll likely occur in the future.

Although I hate when companies do that, because the initial product gets delayed.
    Different teams are in different phases of development. The design team is probably mostly working on future patches and expansions atm with some work on Legion when problems occurs. Dungeon team is probably fixing bugs and working on challenge modes, their armor art team is probably working on the next tier sets etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    So in the end it's not gonna be June, July or August - it's September! Longest content gap of all time with biggest dev team. CHECK
    Or the beta isn't that long because they test a lot during the Alpha. And they use the beta for heat map and stress tests.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Still going to be June or July.

Haha

So in the end it's not gonna be June, July or August - it's September! Longest content gap of all time with biggest dev team. CHECK

Ahahaha
    I like your attitude. You're laughing, even though we both know it's burning your soul and you're screaming inside.

They already stated that they wanted to have the expansion launch on the heels of the movie which is 6/10. Im calling Legion dropping 6/16 since they are tossing around the idea of releasing WoW and all current xpacs up to legion for free for ppl that see the movie to give them enough time to play around with the game and join in on Legion.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

No need to bash other people . What anyone prefers to do in their own time is up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I wonder what they're doing with their "largest" team that it's taking so long. They might be working on future expansions/patches and not expansion launch stuff to try and close the gap that'll likely occur in the future.

Although I hate when companies do that, because the initial product gets delayed.
    Probably hard at work on store mounts.

Well known German fansite vanion.eu will have a beta key raffle soon and confirm that they have been told by Blizzard that there will be a beta soonish. Remember the funny people claiming "feature complete" 3-4 weeks ago? Haha
    Ahahaha
    What if the beta is just 2 months long? What if the next version on the beta server will call the client beta? What if they only call the version with the pre-event "beta"?

We just don't know when Legion will be out. But yes, it does take too long even if they would release one month after the movie.

6 months is a good time for a content patch. 12+ months isn't. It wasn't a good time during WotlK with way too long ICC (and no, Ruby Sanctum didn't really count) and especially with the 14 months long SoO.

Based on the status of the Alpha I expect Legion to hit the shelf in early August. That's the time needed to polish it and ship it with all features.

But Blizzard could go for the easy short term money and release in June after the movie to cash new players who saw the movie. That would also mean that Legion will be rushed and lacking polish and cutting content. I have the terrible feeling that this could very well happen.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-03-20 at 07:39 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Why are u so happy at peoples' apparent misery?
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    So because they're changing the name (maybe, they might not, who cares)... That automatically makes the alpha last months longer?
    Agree here. Doesn't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcangel14 View Post
    So because they said beta will be "soon-ish", that confirms multiples thing such as;

Alpha and beta being separate
    Beta still lasting 5 months
    September release

You have to be extremely ignorant to imply that alpha is behind any beta blizzard has ever put out, because at this point its further ahead of a beta start in many ways.

Also, this implies nothing about how long beta will last. You still have literally 0 clue as to how long, so why even claim it at all? To stir the pot? 0 evidence.

The only thing you have confirmed is that beta is likely starting soon, which probably is more related to number of testers and of big feature complete (note, this does not mean that everything in the game will be playable, it just means the code will be there for when they decide to activate it basically)
    This. +1. Nothing else really needs to be said