Poll: How much would you pay for the token?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Coming from my Russian friend, the Russians buy the majority of tokens, because illegal gold price for a token is extremely cheap, around a few euros. Thus with that in mind, the price can never really drop because the Russians keep the token demand higher than usual.

That's not all, it doesn't help the price if not many people are selling the tokens in the first place.

Price will probably drop around a few weeks into legion, when people need gold to buy raid food and such.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-03-19 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Blizzard lowers, and raises the price pending on demand. It's updated constantly to meet expectations of the market. If you're in a region where people spend a TON of time in game - you have more gold - thus - everything sells for more gold, bringing the price higher on everything.

Lets say you're on NA, you get a garrison quest that gives you champions honor. On swiftyspear, the cost is usually 5-10k for a champion's honor, where as I've seen on EU the cost easily doubt that. Same goes for oil, or any other item. Again tokens would never sell if they were too expensive. The game has tonnnns of gold in it right now, people have bought so much game time that literally they are set for the entire next expansion.

I figure down the road, blizz will release token use on separate items from the store: name change, mounts, etc. They can use things like .25 & .50 tokens to buy pets/mounts etc - it would drive the price sky high though making the cost of them to go super high meaning people would have to start paying for subs meaning people would quit. Blizz doesn't want that, so subs for now

Lol at people who think BLizzard are making prices high. Guys, use your brains! If Blizzard wanted to have more profits, they would do quite the opposite, actually. Because people who wanted quick gold are now buying 30% less tokens to receive same number of gold, so Blizzard are receiving 30% less money from tokens.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Lol at people who think BLizzard are making prices high. Guys, use your brains! If Blizzard wanted to have more profits, they would do quite the opposite, actually. Because people who wanted quick gold are now buying 30% less tokens to receive same number of gold, so Blizzard are receiving 30% less money from tokens.
    No, its the opposite. With low prices there are fewer people interested in selling tokens, so fewer people would buy tokens from Blizzard. With high prices more people who aren't good at making gold, but have disposable income, would buy tokens. Blizzard could easily make fake demand for tokens to bump prices.

Though I doubt Blizzard would do anything like that. No matter how much people dislike current dev team, nobody can say that devs are dishonest. Clueless about MMO and RPG - yes, dishonest - no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I wrote on the official forums I think there's an interesting trend when it comes to writing threads about these tokens:

People complain about how expensive they are, gold wise.

No threads celebrating how much gold people can finally get for their money, no discussions filled with joy and asking who these crazy people are who are paying for tokens. No, none at all, or few at best. Even at 85k people write threads complaining about it, and each thread is filled with people either agreeing or saying that "X amount of garrisons can still easily pay for it".

And that's exactly why the tokens are so expensive, because very few people are actually paying €20 in order to get gold. Even the average player can manage just fine without doing that. The forum majority simply expects to pay their subscriptions with gold. On the EU forums there's even a very negative stigma towards people who are happy to admit that they are buying tokens in order to get gold, many of them get downvotes and criticism. Even on (sigh) the Norwegian Facebook WoW group there's some stigma towards those selling tokens.

But this in the EU. Whenever there was a thread about expensive US tokens they get lots of replies saying something along the lines of "oh boy I'm gonna sell like 10 tokens when I get home from work". I mean there's also obvious economical differences between the US and the EU, but there's also the cultural differences. Isn't there a stigma towards people who play too much video games in the US, while capitalism is more or less celebrated?

And that's why we have expensive tokens. Not just because "russians Kappa".

selected option 4 but the reality of that is that if the tokens got to be over 60k and I ran out of time I'd just stop playing and sit on my gold until way later when I was actually really interested in playing again vs now where I just am really only playing for a few minutes most days to collect free gold so that I can but WoW tokens to spend a few minutes each day to collect free gold ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Like I wrote on the official forums I think there's an interesting trend when it comes to writing threads about these tokens:

People complain about how expensive they are, gold wise.

No threads celebrating how much gold people can finally get for their money, no discussions filled with joy and asking who these crazy people are who are paying for tokens. No, none at all, or few at best. Even at 85k people write threads complaining about it, and each thread is filled with people either agreeing or saying that "X amount of garrisons can still easily pay for it".

And that's exactly why the tokens are so expensive, because very few people are actually paying €20 in order to get gold. Even the average player can manage just fine without doing that. The forum majority simply expects to pay their subscriptions with gold. On the EU forums there's even a very negative stigma towards people who are happy to admit that they are buying tokens in order to get gold, many of them get downvotes and criticism. Even on (sigh) the Norwegian Facebook WoW group there's some stigma towards those selling tokens.

But this in the EU. Whenever there was a thread about expensive US tokens they get lots of replies saying something along the lines of "oh boy I'm gonna sell like 10 tokens when I get home from work". I mean there's also obvious economical differences between the US and the EU, but there's also the cultural differences. Isn't there a stigma towards people who play too much video games in the US, while capitalism is more or less celebrated?

And that's why we have expensive tokens. Not just because "russians Kappa".
    this isn't true at all. The one and only reason why tokens are getting more expensive is supply and demand. As less people continue to play WoW actively, less tokens are bought, which drives the price up. No other reason.

So the price has now sailed past gold required on Chinese realms, Taiwan here we come ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Deleted
    85k gold for a token on Hyjal (french server).

I would imagine the price hike is due to all the excess gold in circulation and not many people buying the tokens for resale,in my case i have 15 tokens stacked up over two accounts and paid up for another two months in advance so I'm really not that bothered bearing in mind my garrisons are literally still showering me in gold,the real concern is the amount of people who currently play for free who may see 80k+ for a month's sub as excessive and stop buying them.

On the flipside it may be a good time to buy tokens for resale right now,stack up the gold and buy them back should the prices become cheaper when Legion lands,though in that case it's a bit of a gamble really.

Deleted
    I'll never understand how people muster the willpower to run garrisons on so many chars that buying tokens becomes trivial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused Human View Post
    I'll never understand how people muster the willpower to run garrisons on so many chars that buying tokens becomes trivial.
    Exactly. No matter what I'm never going to buy tokens. I do spend a bit of time in my garrison, just to earn a little gold. I would never consider making it a *job* to pay for my sub.

I could also assume that the price hike is caused by the high demand from East European countries like Ukraine/Russia thanks to their extremely weak against the EUR/USD currencies.
    We're in an alternate universe full of savages that became fully educated engineers in a month because a dragon saved a racist from getting prosecuted by a panda in a scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Blizzard lowers, and raises the price pending on demand. It's updated constantly to meet expectations of the market. If you're in a region where people spend a TON of time in game - you have more gold - thus - everything sells for more gold, bringing the price higher on everything.

Lets say you're on NA, you get a garrison quest that gives you champions honor. On swiftyspear, the cost is usually 5-10k for a champion's honor, where as I've seen on EU the cost easily doubt that. Same goes for oil, or any other item. Again tokens would never sell if they were too expensive. The game has tonnnns of gold in it right now, people have bought so much game time that literally they are set for the entire next expansion.

I figure down the road, blizz will release token use on separate items from the store: name change, mounts, etc. They can use things like .25 & .50 tokens to buy pets/mounts etc - it would drive the price sky high though making the cost of them to go super high meaning people would have to start paying for subs meaning people would quit. Blizz doesn't want that, so subs for now
    Can you please explain the 3 day price freeze in EU between march 14 and 17, as per this website? https://wowtoken.info/

Where's the "constant update" there, and why has it suddenly spiked shortly after that? Considering that the price fluctuates on an hourly basis, being the same for 3 days straight is a bit suspicious to say the least

This exactly. I need to work a bit more than 1h irl to earn the money for a month of game time. I was able to pay it when I was in school and since I'm working now it's even easier to pay it.

The time needed to set up enough garrisons and keep them running is just not worth it for me. I rather spent my time playing WoW when I want to and not feel obliged to do Garrisons when I want to do something else. And since I'm raiding I'd rather like to stockpile my gold to prepare for next tier come Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Can you please explain the 3 day price freeze in EU between march 14 and 17, as per this website? https://wowtoken.info/
    Maybe if you would check their twitter you would notice blizzard banned their account they use for pulling token prices.

most of those who see it as super trivial dont really run them anymore probably because most of those who indeed have milions of gold bought all 36 of them when they were at 30k and have enough saved till mid of 2018

10+ Year Old Account
    probably alot of people coming back to the game for easter break?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    probably alot of people coming back to the game for easter break?
    I think its the other way round, More people leaving the game means they don't need to buy tokens to sell for gold meaning less tokens overall driving up the price. Will drop a bit during legion launch who knows where it goes after that.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post

Where's the "constant update" there, and why has it suddenly spiked shortly after that? Considering that the price fluctuates on an hourly basis, being the same for 3 days straight is a bit suspicious to say the least
    I checked wowtoken.info during that period and the EU token price was showing an API error I can however confirm that prices of tokens did fluctuate whilst the API information was unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    12 € are like nothing i will never spend in game money for game time.
    80k gold is like nothing. I will never spend real money for game time (again).

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's tons of free gold for letting an Addon practically do all the work while having my morning coffee.

Don't blame the players. Blame the system. Making gold in such large sums for doing basically nothing shouldn't be there in the first place.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain