Poll: Are you pre-ordering the 50 Old Gods expansion packs for the promo?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are you pre-ordering the Old Gods booster packs for the promo?

$50 for a bunch of Hearthstone packs. Yikes.

For some reason with a digital card game I can't really get myself to spend a ton of money on cards because they don't feel "real". And this is coming from a guy who owns everything on the Heroes of the Storm shop... yeah I'm a contradiction.

But I dunno... I can't see myself really get invested in Hearthstone enough to drop a ton of money. It's just too RNG. I play when I'm taking a shit or bored somewhere.

Anyone dropping the $50 to pre-order the booster packs?

I might this time actually.
    Just so I can use it as a "don't buy anymore packs now, you had 50", since I probably end up buying that amount in the long run.

Deleted
    Nah, I have 10k+ gold saved up. Should do fine to get enough packs to get started with the new expansion.

Deleted
    I love the card back, but dont want to pay for it. You can see the bind im in.

Just going to use gold. If I had money to spare I might, the cardback looks good too.

I never pre-purchased HS packs and this won't be different, though the card back looks really cool. Also there are still a lot of cards to be revealed.

Card back looks sweet, but unfortunately I have the self control to not buy it. I know that if I love this one there will most likely be at least one other promotional card back I would like in the future, and I don't like the idea of essentially spending $100+ paying for two cosmetic items on a game that will eventually be shutdown (albeit many years from now). If HS was a physical card game things may be different idk, but not sure how that would work in this scenario.

Though I am sort of like the OP in that I am a contradiction when it comes to WoW, despite it also not being a game I technically own.

Deleted
    I have always pre-ordered so this time it won't be different, especially since I am super hyped about this expansion (have been wishing for an Old Gods expansion ever since I started HS). But the cardback is not why I pre-order, I was always going to buy packs so why not buy them at a cheaper price?

15+ Year Old Account
    Got nothing else to spend my gold on besides content for new expansions. Card backs are also one of the few cosmetic things in games I play I don't have much interest in.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I've got over 6K gold saved and climbing so I'll probably have a blowout when the time comes. Do appreciate y'all spending money on worthless virtual cards though to help subsidize my fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually spend a few hundred dollarydoos whenever a new expansion comes out so I may as well.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    50$ is like almost nothing, so yeah.

Paying a little bit here and there for all the entertainment is more than worth it
    Last edited by Deldavala; 2016-03-20 at 12:57 PM.

If they were offering free packs with it, like pay $50 and get 10 free packs, I would do it. But I don't collect card backs, and Hearthstone can get expensive really quick if you get into buying a whole bunch of cards, so I'm going to wait.

Maybe. I'm waiting for them to release more cards first, so I can make an estimate if it'll be worthwhile.

If I think I'll enjoy playing cards from the new expansion to a large extent I'll buy it, but as of right now I have 4k gold and 5-10k dust (depending on how much I want to disenchant), so unless there's a huge influx of fun and good cards, I think I'm fairly set.

Also no, since my heroic naxxramas card back still looks ten times better than any other card back in the game, I'm not too interested in that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    If they were offering free packs with it, like pay $50 and get 10 free packs, I would do it. But I don't collect card backs, and Hearthstone can get expensive really quick if you get into buying a whole bunch of cards, so I'm going to wait.
    That is, in fact, exactly what they are offering, they are just not typing it out in very big letters because they assume their customer base is smart enough to understand it.

For the price of the bundle, £44.99, you can purchase 40 classic, GvG or TGT cards. Not 50. 40.

Got enough dust to get all the meaningful cards, and if not I'll get them in the weeks after release from just playing.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

No I shan't be doing so, the pre-order bonus is unappealing, the price is too high and I have gold saved up so I don't need to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been F2P so far and have a decent collection so I'll likely stay F2P, however I'm debating about buying the next adventure (which will likely be in Aug maybe) with money because $20-30/year seems reasonably cheap for a relatively free hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    I love the card back, but dont want to pay for it. You can see the bind im in.
    They really should just allow you to buy the cardback straight up for like 10$ or something, or make more package options, like 25 for 25$ + cardback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Nah, I've got over 6K gold saved and climbing so I'll probably have a blowout when the time comes. Do appreciate y'all spending money on worthless virtual cards though to help subsidize my fun.
    Time is money friend. You spent time getting that gold, so in theory you spent money on the game too.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I love Old Gods / anything Cthulhu Mythos. So I will, even though I'm not a super big fan of Hearthstone.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I have far better games to drop $50 on - in terms of DLC, specifically - so no. Honestly, I'd prbably spend it on Clash Royale before Hearthstone and become overtly OP instead of subtly OP.