Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Exclamation Kosak Confirms Legion is Actually in Beta.

Directly from the Blue himself.

Voila. The dialogue in the beta. We're in beta. Not in Alpha. Unless it's a typo/wishful thinking/absent minded comment.

Waiting for the next wave of invites, please!

UPDATE: I think Blizzard are even confused.

Last edited by Jeffykins; 2016-03-27 at 04:18 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Neat I suppose.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    alpha, beta thats just a name anyway
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Probably a typo. Alpha is alpha, beta is beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    exactly, won't change that september release anyway

You guys are way too obsessed with nomenclature. Chill out.

"Beta" will be out one of these weeks and the invites will increase. Patience.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. I still don't see why people are freaking out over whether it is Alpha or Beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Expac is not going to be released anytime soon , so its pointles if the game is in alpha , beta or gamma.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Ok. I still don't see why people are freaking out over whether it is Alpha or Beta.
    I think it's the fact that the game devs can't even get on the same page. I mean at this point it does seem a little sloppy they can't agree on what to call it.

Deleted
    Not for some, as the recent thread about beta keys and stuff like that has shown.

However the term alpha or beta doesn't mean alot and could just mean how restricted it is.

Anyway, why the hell do people cry about a xenophobic girl shouting some insults at the Horde... the guys who repeatedly tried to destroy their land and killed their people? Isn't it Warcraft after all?
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2016-03-21 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSpaztic View Post
    I think it's the fact that the game devs can't even get on the same page. I mean at this point it does seem a little sloppy they can't agree on what to call it.
    This. I think from a developer's point of view, Alpha and Beta are two very separate things. When the line is blurred in developer land, you know that is, as the gentleman above has just mentioned, "sloppy".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffykins View Post
    This. I think from a developer's point of view, Alpha and Beta are two very separate things. When the line is blurred in developer land, you know that is, as the gentleman above has just mentioned, "sloppy".
    Or he is referring to a internal build that is flagged as beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Or he is referring to a internal build that is flagged as beta.
    That too. The other option is perhaps there's still some content currently being tested in Alpha (friends/families/devs themselves), while everything currently available in the so-called "ALPHA" is actually Beta... Now I'm getting confused.

Directly from the Blue himself.

Voila. The dialogue in the beta. We're in beta. Not in Alpha. Unless it's a typo/wishful thinking/absent minded comment.

Waiting for the next wave of invites, please!
    white knight are always so cute you will be lucky if beta start in july in this pace

10+ Year Old Account
    In programming terms, they’re actually quite specific titles for stages of a product.

Blizzard terms?

They’ve effectively thrown traditional nomenclature out with Legion. They’re testing heroic dungeons and raid encounters, at a point when certain specs aren’t ready; this is while they’re simultaneously releasing their zones, but without major features ready to be tested.

None of this is to mention that alpha testing is traditionally held under NDAs, and this one couldn’t be more public.

Ultimately, I’m saying that it doesn’t matter. It could be alpha, it could be beta – it doesn’t make much difference. Until keystones and adventure mode go in and start getting tested, we’re months out irrespective of what you call this testing phase.

Idc what they even call it at this point tbh. I just want things to be polished for release (whenever that is).

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    white knight are always so cute you will be lucky if beta start in july in this pace
    It's not about timelines. It's about sloppiness. Need to nail dev terms if you're a developer. But I guess there's room for human error.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about timelines. It's about sloppiness. Need to nail dev terms if you're a developer. But I guess there's room for human error.
    Productivity = Time

Wow Dev time has been a rave/drug tipe party since Ghostcrawler leaved.

By previous expansions we're in beta, they're calling it alpha as "lowering expectations" is the theme this expansion. Makes sense given it's effectively beta that one would accidentally call it beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    There is probably at least half a dozen builds of the game at any given time, it's easy to lose track over which is in what build exactly and who has access to what.