Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whyohwhy View Post
    It is whining. You want me to tell you to go read some books and you'll say something benign so you might as well just quit
    I want an answer with some content and you don't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Mrs Dalloway

10+ Year Old Account
    She could have been bett-... (glances at project lead) yeah, never stood a chance of being anything other than a token bread-crumb dispenser.

as i said this is filling in time between dungeons im not writing an essay for you. Read the book and get back to me ill gladly pm you

Deleted
    We found her in a mine and she followed us as a stray pet.
    She wanted to do something for her people, so we helped/teached/did the job for her.
    She got into leadership through us, had her first scout-mission end in the death of her whole group and had her sitting in a corner crying.
    We motivated her so she could pop Wings and ran for her life.
    She was blessed by Velen because ... well ... she was the only draenei around, so why not, if you die anyways?
    She was beaten to a pulp like everyone else against Blackhand but managed to to cast 1 Heal and catch an axe.
    She was promoted to Excharch because she knew us and we did her trials for her.
    Dunno, I don't like her arch at all, it's too much in too little time without any reason or any own accomplishments from her.
    She was good at blueberry funtime, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    You really are absolutely terrible at pointing your arguments. Seriously, I have said nothing at what you are inferring, yet just drawing conclusions, pointing out bad characters as somehow "good", and they going "WAA WAA YOU'RE WRONG!" when anyone disagrees awith you and presents evidence to the contrary. Characterisation takes time, and the fact you are listng Cersei Lannister, a character that has had 6 books of develop, internal dialogue and plot twists to push her forward and somehow obliquely comparing her to Illidan as on somehow the same level, shows you literally are talking out of your backside.
    No point continuing, you are basically what is wrong with the WoW "fanbase". Argumentative, completely unobjective and whiny.
    Please ill informed one, impart your knowledge on how Cersei Lannister is a good character, shes just a pull the wings off the flies so they have to suffer like I do. Abuses power she has to keep it, whilst somehow being completely immune to other peoples desires to kill her. Her only point to exist in the story is to keep people angry. "Oh, I love my children.. BUT I HATE MY BROTHER.. but i love my other brother.. BUT I HATE EVERYONE IN THE WORLD", each time she appears in is burning blue blood anger, snide remarks, burning blue blood anger, snide remarks as if that somehow makes her compelling to be anything more then a love/hate character who never actually does anything but sit around and get other people to do it for her.

No point talking with you about it, you're basically what is wrong with the WoW "fanbase", you're completely incapable of accepting bad writing on its merits and would argue black and blue anything that protects a personal agenda in a completely nonobjective way.

Please ill informed one, impart your knowledge on how Cersei Lannister is a good character, shes just a pull the wings off the flies so they have to suffer like I do. Abuses power she has to keep it, whilst somehow being completely immune to other peoples desires to kill her. Her only point to exist in the story is to keep people angry. "Oh, I love my children.. BUT I HATE MY BROTHER.. but i love my other brother.. BUT I HATE EVERYONE IN THE WORLD", each time she appears in is burning blue blood anger, snide remarks, burning blue blood anger, snide remarks as if that somehow makes her compelling to be anything more then a love/hate character who never actually does anything but sit around and get other people to do it for her.

No point talking with you about it, you're basically what is wrong with the WoW "fanbase", you're completely incapable of accepting bad writing on its merits and would argue black and blue anything that protects a personal agenda in a completely nonobjective way.
    Sounds like you have a bias

- - - Updated - - -

Players:
    >want to be a part of the story and character development
    >complain to the moon and back when they get it

Sounds like you have a bias

- - - Updated - - -

Players:
    >want to be a part of the story and character development
    >complain to the moon and back when they get it
    I do, against bad characters.

I do, against bad characters.
    >ignores the fact that warcraft characters are bad

sure pal

>ignores the fact that warcraft characters are bad

sure pal
    ^ Can't provide examples of good characters, thinks his opinion on warcraft characters is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    We found her in a mine and she followed us as a stray pet.
    She wanted to do something for her people, so we helped/teached/did the job for her.
    She got into leadership through us, had her first scout-mission end in the death of her whole group and had her sitting in a corner crying.
    We motivated her so she could pop Wings and ran for her life.
    She was blessed by Velen because ... well ... she was the only draenei around, so why not, if you die anyways?
    She was beaten to a pulp like everyone else against Blackhand but managed to to cast 1 Heal and catch an axe.
    She was promoted to Excharch because she knew us and we did her trials for her.
    Dunno, I don't like her arch at all, it's too much in too little time without any reason or any own accomplishments from her.
    She was good at blueberry funtime, though.
    If those quests where we do the job for her were switched around, to where we do nothing and she does it for you, you would be complaining as well. Its a game mechanic to make the player feel useful and have something to do.

She was the apprentice of Velen, not some random Draenei.

If she did everything perfect and no one around her dies you guys would complain shes a Mary Sue. If she is flawed and makes mistakes and people die, shes worthless and not worthy of being an Exarch. Its almost like people like you already decided to not like the character regardless of their story line. Oh wait thats exactly what it is.

^ Can't provide examples of good characters, thinks his opinion on warcraft characters is valid.
    I did you're just ignoring it??\

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    If those quests where we do the job for her were switched around, to where we do nothing and she does it for you, you would be complaining as well. Its a game mechanic to make the player feel useful and have something to do.

She was the apprentice of Velen, not some random Draenei.

If she did everything perfect and no one around her dies you guys would complain shes a Mary Sue. If she is flawed and makes mistakes and people die, shes worthless and not worthy of being an Exarch. Its almost like people like you already decided to not like the character regardless of their story line. Oh wait thats exactly what it is.
    That would be fine, only you get her out of a mine and help her "realise her potential", and thats to be all powerful... because that's how people become powerful, by getting everyone else to do the work for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i actually liked yrel. the cinematics she was in i enjoyed her presence and thought overall she was an interesting character. sure they couldve done more with her, but maybe they will use her in the future?
    Sadly blizzard have said that no AU characters will appear in Legion and that they will tend to their own affairs for now.

Deleted
    Yrel is one of the best Warcraft characters. You're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    So...you say that Illidan and Arthas are good characters, both of which aren;t...yet criticise a character written by argubualy one of the best fantasy writers of our generation and considered a literary master on nearly all accounts as "bad".

Ok buddy, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, and this just confirmed it. Carry on. It is hilarious just the hypocrisy of what you are writing and you seem completely oblivious to it
    You've provided no thoughts on anything other then me personally, seems you don't actually have anything valid to say either but you keep replying thinking your personal attacks reinforce your opinion. Any time you want to dig in and have a real attempt at a reply I'm more then welcome to see you debunk what I'm saying, otherwise what else do you have? Attempting to make someone dislike you who already thinks you're brainless.

Durotan and Draka were far better companions than Yrel. I'd say this is the only expansion that I seemed to like the Horde quests more than the Alliance ones. And not just quests, I actually liked FF more than Shadowmoon.

I did you're just ignoring it??\
    You're version of a good character is the class clown who fails at everything? The comic relief? How many years do you think that story would last?

That would be fine, only you get her out of a mine and help her "realise her potential", and thats to be all powerful... because that's how people become powerful, by getting everyone else to do the work for them.
    Again, its an illusion of doing all the work for her. Its a game mechanic to make you useful. Would you really want to do a quest where you fly somewhere, fight a boss with 100m health and you do maybe 1% the dps while she kills it? No, the game wants to make you feel like you are contributing, you are progressing, your input is worth doing.

You're version of a good character is the class clown who fails at everything? The comic relief? How many years do you think that story would last?
    I literally said Mrs. Dalloway but keep ignoring my post. after my obvious sarcastic post